DEVS: Before you release the next PVE

Options
2»

Comments

• Skyedyne wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    That being said, I am **DEATHLY** afraid to level up any of my covers in complete fear that I will be considered a "high-level" character and face the wall of triple 141s in PvP and the 230 in PvE. At the moment, I refuse to level any of my 3*s over 85, afraid that the system will recognize me as 3* player. I know, this is likely all in my head (to some degree), but the fear is very real and drives my in-game motivations. I will bend over backwards to find ways to lower my MMR to avoid this scenario, such as the mass genocides in TaT to lower PvE encounters down to playable levels.

This will do you no good. My highest is 66 for this event, and I'm still facing 230's. It was never based off your character level. It seems more skill based, but what seems to be off is the reduction in levels when you get a legitimate loss, and has a horrible scaling on wins. I can consistently beat the level 230 goon squads with my team, but if I happen to lose, I imagine I would only see a small decrease in enemy level. So it's fine to level your characters. I'd say that their is probably some other factor. Perhaps a total amount of account ISO invested? That might help to explain initial level. But tbh, I haven't a clue. The best bet is to play how you want and hope for the best.

There's the difference... you are beating 230s, so the game is going to assume that is your baseline level of skill and present the appropriate level of opponents, which would be... more 230s. On my end, I won't try anything north of 120, as I don't have a max-blued Spidey to keep anything that high level stunlocked. That might be a key reason why my levels on opponents are still considered to be mid-range for me.

On your end, if stun-locking is allowing players to beat the 230 encounters consistently, then the game will surely assume that 230s are trivial encounters and is setting them as the baseline encounter level. Now, if 230 was not the max cap on enemy levels, I'd bet that you would be seeing mob levels in the 300s and 400s, which would continue to everlastingly increase as long as you could ensure a win through stun-locks.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    This will do you no good. My highest is 66 for this event, and I'm still facing 230's. It was never based off your character level. It seems more skill based, but what seems to be off is the reduction in levels when you get a legitimate loss, and has a horrible scaling on wins. I can consistently beat the level 230 goon squads with my team, but if I happen to lose, I imagine I would only see a small decrease in enemy level. So it's fine to level your characters. I'd say that their is probably some other factor. Perhaps a total amount of account ISO invested? That might help to explain initial level. But tbh, I haven't a clue. The best bet is to play how you want and hope for the best.
    Losing supposedly doesn't help you any more, and DU_Will (I think, not going looking for the post) explicitly said roster isn't a relevant variable. Of course, unless we assume it's now working as intended, IceIX's statement that they don't know what numbers it's pulling quite likely still holds. If Demiurge doesn't know what it's doing, we don't have a prayer of finding out, which leads to your final advice still being absolutely right.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    That being said, I am **DEATHLY** afraid to level up any of my covers in complete fear that I will be considered a "high-level" character and face the wall of triple 141s in PvP and the 230 in PvE. At the moment, I refuse to level any of my 3*s over 85, afraid that the system will recognize me as 3* player. I know, this is likely all in my head (to some degree), but the fear is very real and drives my in-game motivations. I will bend over backwards to find ways to lower my MMR to avoid this scenario, such as the mass genocides in TaT to lower PvE encounters down to playable levels.

There's the difference... you are beating 230s, so the game is going to assume that is your baseline level of skill and present the appropriate level of opponents, which would be... more 230s. On my end, I won't try anything north of 120, as I don't have a max-blued Spidey to keep anything that high level stunlocked. That might be a key reason why my levels on opponents are still considered to be mid-range for me.

On your end, if stun-locking is allowing players to beat the 230 encounters consistently, then the game will surely assume that 230s are trivial encounters and is setting them as the baseline encounter level. Now, if 230 was not the max cap on enemy levels, I'd bet that you would be seeing mob levels in the 300s and 400s, which would continue to everlastingly increase as long as you could ensure a win through stun-locks.

Surprisingly, stun locking never comes into play with the goon squads. With the 230 characters, that would come in handy, but spidey isn't required for the minions. I do it between storm and black widow, but mainly just black widow. But going to back to the original statement, it is fine to level up your characters. It gives you a better chance at surviving the battles, and in theory should place you at the appropriate difficulty level. I see where they want to go with the system, and agree with the desired end result. They just have to fix a few bugs with the system, and we just have to ride out the storm for now.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the poaitive feednack. Hope we get somw repliea from D3 tooo
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    +1 to the OP. You are spot on.

your suggested tweaks could easily lift the game back up where it belongs (if implemented, that is icon_e_wink.gif )
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just bumping this topic to get seen by devs. Scaling is better (for me) than two PVEs ago, however it still looks a bit unfair...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Just bumping this topic to get seen by devs. Scaling is better (for me) than two PVEs ago, however it still looks a bit unfair...
    The bump is unnecessary. Every thread and every post on the forum gets read. We don't comment on every post (obviously), but that doesn't mean we haven't seen it.
  • Yeah, I’m seeing the same. Top 10 are all * and ** rosters in the mid to low levels.

I’m in the higher level ** and low level *** and there’s nothing I can do here to advance. Could barely pass the last missions only with pure luck on the basic sim when the enemies are over level 100+. And I don’t have Loki.

this event is a bit ridiculous and no better than the last few. Maybe we’ve been spoiled with the prior events that were giving away stuff generously like Hulk or the Punisher events.

Before it was just the rich getting richer. Now at least they’ve opened the pool to some poor newbies to win big. Still no love for the middle class.. good luck to the newbies.. they’re gonna reach some major disappointment once they get into the middle class if this continues.