Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Lidolas wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    "The nerf of 4* Thor and X-Force were good for the game."

Respectfully disagree. Milking the player-base of their $$$$ with OP characters & then nerfing those characters is a common MPQ theme. It leaves us feeling ripped off and scared to spend again (or waste months trying to max out what will eventually be nerfed).

Maybe a better way to put it: The current powers of XForce and T4or are about where they should be. The game would have been better if they'd been released (or in Xforces case, the first buff) as they are now, instead of being OP and then nerfed.
    nah, 4*thor makes no sense when Professor X and Hulkbuster are at a redonkulus power level. X-force was gonna be nerfed inevitablely
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like :
    - the vault
    - new PvP point system
    - the new rewards at 1000 and 1300
    - the New Shield Simulator give great value for time played
    - more health packs
    - I like Ultron ( Pretty big payoff with the right alliance)
    - That they are trying... making changes

I don't like
    -That I can't see current point value when I play an older queued match
    - The choice of rewards is terrible, how many Mohawk / Marvel rewards do we need?
    - The ridiculous compensations for nerfs
    - That we can't free respect after a character change, (especially when it was a color change like with CMags)
    -Lack of communication
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do think that both XF and GT were over-nerfed, but not by a lot. A small boost to XF's green and GT's red would probably bring them on par with the other good 4*s.

I do agree entirely with Colog's initial post, though. The game has gotten a lot better in the last few months, and in no small part due to these nerfs, the weekly buffs, and the 1.5x PVP win increase.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I do think that both XF and GT were over-nerfed, but not by a lot. A small boost to XF's green and GT's red would probably bring them on par with the other good 4*s.

I do agree entirely with Colog's initial post, though. The game has gotten a lot better in the last few months, and in no small part due to these nerfs, the weekly buffs, and the 1.5x PVP win increase.

I never got the 4thor yellow changes either
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

I never got the 4thor yellow changes either
    Boss: NERF 4*THOR NOW!!!!

Programmer: but...uh..she's not that...

Boss: I SAID NERF HER! NERF EVERYTHING!

Programmer: Even her yellow....?

Boss: EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Speaking of D3 listening, learning, and making (albeit infinitesimally small ofttimes) changes...

I will say it again, after opening my game for the first time since this morning (spoiler alert icon_e_wink.gif )...

I knew you had it in you, D3, thanks, and cheers!

DBC
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    i don't want to rain on peoples parade, but i think the game hasn't got better but worse over the last few months. the vault is too big and turns around too fast. PVP i used to play exclusively getting ~900 points since the new changes the highest i got has been 750 but then i was beaten back down to 500. i still make 900+ points it is just that it gets eaten away so fast that it is not worth it. all my HP goes to roster slots and with the 2* requirement now for PVE im having to sacrifice more and more slots slots; not at 1000 so no relief for me yet.
    the will i had to play before the health boosts has not been tested as much as it has been post change i find myself putting down the game down with 5 health packs remaining cause i don't want to play another slow paced slog through of a match. i was able to get more points faster in the old system then in the new because i could play matches faster while juggling 2 accounts. i still win about the same % it is just that the matches so much longer. i have dropped 1 account and resorted to go back to PVE which i know is totally not worth playing for the time invested but i can't even handled that anymore and usually abandon it 1/2 way through or once i get certain progressive rewards. so I am mostly playing DDQ each day.

These changes destroyed my liking of the the game, the only reason i can see is that i invested heavily on xforce and i am suffering from extreme burnout. With xforce i got used to 2 minute matches, which is what it should be for a mobile game in my opinion. i think it would be a better game if it focused on game speed instead of slowing it down at high level. it has gotten soo slow that people came up with and coordinated strategies that get you points without having to slog through playing. FINDING WAYS TO GET POINTS WITHOUT HAVING TO PLAY NORMALLY. this should of been a wake up call instead of a patching change. now i lose 200pts in seconds with no chance to make it up because i get hit more then i can hit.

Image for a minute if they sped things up instead of slowing it down. making 4* up to par with xforce and 4thor instead of nerfing them. I think that would be a better game then we have today, and that would be a game i would like to play on my mobile device in which my options are limited.

On PC there are soo many better games out there that i don't give MPQ a second, or even a first, thought about when choosing to play. I only stick around because i can't deny that this game has so much potential, however the implementation most of the time, DDQ is awesome, just makes me feel underwhelmed and disappointed. I started off a big fan and recommended it to all my friends when i started, but i can not recommend it after the 4* nerfs because i don't want my friends purchases to be completely nullified by one change without substantial reimbursement. but thanks for trying to fix the game. hope it gets better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    i don't want to rain on peoples parade, but i think the game hasn't got better but worse over the last few months. the vault is too big and turns around too fast. PVP i used to play exclusively getting ~900 points since the new changes the highest i got has been 750 but then i was beaten back down to 500. i still make 900+ points it is just that it gets eaten away so fast that it is not worth it. all my HP goes to roster slots and with the 2* requirement now for PVE im having to sacrifice more and more slots slots; not at 1000 so no relief for me yet.
    the will i had to play before the health boosts has not been tested as much as it has been post change i find myself putting down the game down with 5 health packs remaining cause i don't want to play another slow paced slog through of a match. i was able to get more points faster in the old system then in the new because i could play matches faster while juggling 2 accounts. i still win about the same % it is just that the matches so much longer. i have dropped 1 account and resorted to go back to PVE which i know is totally not worth playing for the time invested but i can't even handled that anymore and usually abandon it 1/2 way through or once i get certain progressive rewards. so I am mostly playing DDQ each day.

These changes destroyed my liking of the the game, the only reason i can see is that i invested heavily on xforce and i am suffering from extreme burnout. With xforce i got used to 2 minute matches, which is what it should be for a mobile game in my opinion. i think it would be a better game if it focused on game speed instead of slowing it down at high level. it has gotten soo slow that people came up with and coordinated strategies that get you points without having to slog through playing. FINDING WAYS TO GET POINTS WITHOUT HAVING TO PLAY NORMALLY. this should of been a wake up call instead of a patching change. now i lose 200pts in seconds with no chance to make it up because i get hit more then i can hit.

Image for a minute if they sped things up instead of slowing it down. making 4* up to par with xforce and 4thor instead of nerfing them. I think that would be a better game then we have today, and that would be a game i would like to play on my mobile device in which my options are limited.

On PC there are soo many better games out there that i don't give MPQ a second, or even a first, thought about when choosing to play. I only stick around because i can't deny that this game has so much potential, however the implementation most of the time, DDQ is awesome, just makes me feel underwhelmed and disappointed. I started off a big fan and recommended it to all my friends when i started, but i can not recommend it after the 4* nerfs because i don't want my friends purchases to be completely nullified by one change without substantial reimbursement. but thanks for trying to fix the game. hope it gets better.
    vault is for whales, independance vault is good

if you're hurting for roster slots, ofc you can't do as well as you could in PVP if you weren't

that juggling 2 accounts thing...nuh-uh. no sympathy there

xforce was wayyyyy overpowered, and sentry was before him. The game was bound to lengthen match times when Op characters aren't involved

yes they need to fix retaliations

no, they're not going back and unnerfing jane and logan

your friends can play without buying covers that cost $12 a pop
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:

I disagree, Marvel XForce Quest was a boring game. I am a fan of all the other Puzzle Quests, and as the name signifies they are supposed to be a puzzle. Gathering all the blacks/greens while ignoring possible combos is not a Puzzle Quest game, and yet it was the best strategy when using XForce because it ended the game. I'm glad that mind numbingly repetitive game is over.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Respectfully disagree. Milking the player-base of their $$$$ with OP characters & then nerfing those characters is a common MPQ theme. It leaves us feeling ripped off and scared to spend again (or waste months trying to max out what will eventually be nerfed).
    they said they have no plans to change any 3* or 4* are u suureeeeee you dont wanna buy covers for hulkbust x? icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

LOL, a sucker is born every minute.

ikr? They said they currently don't have plans. I've come up with 3 rules for nerfing.

1. If you play a character and your first thought is how is it this character has not been nerfed yet, then that character will probably be nerfed.

2. There's no use trying to figure out the timing of a nerf. It'll happen, but the timing will usually seem arbitrary.

3. If mpq comes out and states a character is balanced for their # of stars, the character will not be nerfed. If that say anything else like there are no current plans, they're going to study the character, etc., then see Rule #2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

they said they have no plans to change any 3* or 4* are u suureeeeee you dont wanna buy covers for hulkbust x? icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

LOL, a sucker is born every minute.

ikr? They said they currently don't have plans. I've come up with 3 rules for nerfing.

1. If you play a character and your first thought is how is it this character has not been nerfed yet, then that character will probably be nerfed.

2. There's no use trying to figure out the timing of a nerf. It'll happen, but the timing will usually seem arbitrary.

3. If mpq comes out and states a character is balanced for their # of stars, the character will not be nerfed. If that say anything else like there are no current plans, they're going to study the character, etc., then see Rule #2.
    its just baffling they say IM40 is a good example of what they want to fix about bad characters, and they never changed him. Tinykitty everywhere.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

Every team at high levels was xf/goddess and it did start to get boring.it was an overnerf for both of them though.although xf still does that irritating thing where his green leads straight into his black, it only kills one character now though instead of two.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Yep, never sending them another dime. Fool me once shame on the bastards who did it.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

I disagree, Marvel XForce Quest was a boring game. I am a fan of all the other Puzzle Quests, and as the name signifies they are supposed to be a puzzle. Gathering all the blacks/greens while ignoring possible combos is not a Puzzle Quest game, and yet it was the best strategy when using XForce because it ended the game. I'm glad that mind numbingly repetitive game is over.

only time i got to play with my favorite character all day everyday that's one of the reasons i invested in him after the revamp (just couldn't justify it before he was soo bad), plus matches were way fast something i value in a mobile game more then diversity. I could pop in and out of playing and instantly know what to go for with out having to spend a minute trying to find out what to go for after returning to a game after a while.

a combo is no good if there is a faster way to play especially when there are double the health packs.

It is the same thing every week find the power team get the same colors all week. which is even more restricted if you don't have every character maxed, cause your forced to used a boosted character or put a target on your back which ends up happening cause you can't build a good team either. plus it **** you for a week if you don't have good characters boosted.

now i didn't play puzzle quest before and i have to admit there is really no puzzle in this game but i came for the marvel component.

while xforce and thor reined supreme it clearly gave all players something to shoot for so that they can dominate as well, something lacking right now. they took some steps back and focusing on 3*s rather then 4*, they are doing better as the thing was one of the characters i was excited for which hasn't been the case in a while.

one of my other problems is that i can't really focus build a character without luck and HP. if there were no roster slots i would be fine with the system but with roster slots it is just an hp suck. In marvel heroes 2015 i can save eternity shards and buy out the character in a couple weeks something i can't do here without being top 10 for each of the hero's events but with so many heroes and so few rewards it might take a month to come around again. so i might finish out the character in 3 months or so with ddq included.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agree with everything (including re: Rags' blue icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Excellent post, Colognoisseur, and glad to still see you in-game and on these forums.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yes, I have to agree with the op. There was a time at the start of the year when it just seemed like all the changes were motivated from greed. Whether the changes are because the projected cash fell short or if there was a greater plan all along, I don't mind, the game is in a better place at the minute. The game is not without its faults, but then, which game isn't.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

only time i got to play with my favorite character all day everyday that's one of the reasons i invested in him after the revamp (just couldn't justify it before he was soo bad), plus matches were way fast something i value in a mobile game more then diversity. I could pop in and out of playing and instantly know what to go for with out having to spend a minute trying to find out what to go for after returning to a game after a while.

a combo is no good if there is a faster way to play especially when there are double the health packs.

It is the same thing every week find the power team get the same colors all week. which is even more restricted if you don't have every character maxed, cause your forced to used a boosted character or put a target on your back which ends up happening cause you can't build a good team either. plus it **** you for a week if you don't have good characters boosted.

now i didn't play puzzle quest before and i have to admit there is really no puzzle in this game but i came for the marvel component.

while xforce and thor reined supreme it clearly gave all players something to shoot for so that they can dominate as well, something lacking right now. they took some steps back and focusing on 3*s rather then 4*, they are doing better as the thing was one of the characters i was excited for which hasn't been the case in a while.

one of my other problems is that i can't really focus build a character without luck and HP. if there were no roster slots i would be fine with the system but with roster slots it is just an hp suck. In marvel heroes 2015 i can save eternity shards and buy out the character in a couple weeks something i can't do here without being top 10 for each of the hero's events but with so many heroes and so few rewards it might take a month to come around again. so i might finish out the character in 3 months or so with ddq included.
    its your fave char, there's your bias showing

it sounds like you want to play the older version of the game, maybe u should try a diff game

it's LESS restrictive because surgical strikes aren't the only way to go

u put all your eggs in one basket, bud

yes, I wish D3 planned out their character prizes as well, makes no sense now
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadp wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Yep, never sending them another dime. Fool me once shame on the bastards who did it.

I love how the haters have been repeating this stuff since the nerf of 4hor months ago. In the meantime, people who got their maxed Profs or IMHBs have been owning and having an awesome time and because the characters are actually not oppressively, overwhelmingly good, the likelihood of a nerf is really small.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

Which is exactly my point. Mindlessly matching black is not a puzzle, but rather mindless color matching. That is what XForce's gameplay was.
    plus it **** you for a week if you don't have good characters boosted.

Players who have diverse rosters get an advantage? Sounds good to me.

I'm confused, are you saying there is no puzzle strategy/skill in playing a match 3 game?

As you mentioned earlier, anyone with a diverse roster has a clear advantage. Sounds like collecting all the characters is an excellent goal.

HP is a problem, so make sure you only use it to buy roster slots. Hopefully D3 finds a way to fix this, but looking at how they put 2* essentials in the game, i'm not going to hold my breath.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

Yup. They did need nerfs, but the developers went overboard. Reasonable changes could have been made instead of the guttings that they both got.