Y'know, I like the new vault mechanic.

2»

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    So far I'm not impressed.

It's mostly a cosmetic enhancement but the way it is now displayed sends very different signals to my brain.

Before the vault, taco tokens were a nice bonus I cashed as soon as I got one. i didn't expect much of it anyway with it's 10% chance of giving a fetured character.

Now, seeing all those 300 covers, my brain considers that each item as an abyssal 0.3% drop rate. Also, as opposed to before, pulling a good cover now reduces your chance to get another one, simply not cool.

The only way to compensate for those issues is hoarding like mad for 10 tiny kitty month. As far as my brain is concerned, there's no other way to use the new valut "feature" so for the first time in my MPQ life I hoard.

While it may end up being more effective in the end, it sure isn't fun.

I can see four things that would make the vault a bit more interesting for me :

- getting stuff out of the vault is supposed to increase the chances of getting good stuff. So far it doesn't work. If you pull good stuff out of the vault you decrease you chance to get cool stuff again more than they increase when you pull bad stuff out. The only way to keep increasing the pull rate of wheat is if only the chaff disapeared keeping the cool stuff in.

- diminish the content's volume below the humongous 300 items or give us more than five days (monthly vault).

- other way to win taco tokens during the week (current gold tokens are more interesting than taco tokens so I woulnd't advocate replacing them by taco tokens wihtout an overhaul of the vault's content

- separate the recharging health pack pool from the earned health pack pool. As it is there is next to no point cashing in your taco tokens when you're below 10 health packs.

It's a cool idea, but it is not the advertised product. I hope they'll provide tweaks to make it closer to what they said it should be.
  • morph3us wrote:
    Agreed. Contest of Champions has a similar mechanic, but in addition to the roulette mechanic, there's a shortcut button that skips the animation. Would love to see something similar here.

Just keep tapping the screen. As with all reward animations, clicking the screen will skip them. Give it 2 or 3 taps to see the reward immediately.