some ppl just like to watch the world burn
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Maestro145 wrote:
    From my experience:

1. Fun, because we (they) can.
    2. Season score.
    3. Alliance score.

This is the truth, though 2 and 3 are probably the most relevant.

Nobody should take it personal, players who want top 10 or 25 season aren't going to put on the brakes and sacrifice their season score so you can get your XForce.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    From my experience:

2. Season score.
    3. Alliance score.

This is the truth, though 2 and 3 are probably the most relevant.

Nobody should take it personal, players who want top 10 or 25 season aren't going to put on the brakes and sacrifice their season score so you can get your XForce.
    Amazingly, this season so far is my best. I'm sitting at around 50 right now. The increase is due to me playing Simulator, due to better rewards than ever before.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Maestro145 wrote:
    From my experience:

2. Season score.
    3. Alliance score.
    some ppl just like to watch the world burn

I tend to agree with raisinbman's option #4.

It's in human nature, actually; scientifically proven and all. When a test subject is given the choice of depriving another person of something vs. being given something themselves, in most cases the test subject opts to go for the first. Humans are petty and jealous creatures by nature, it seems. We just love to make those other than ourselves suffer, if given the opportunity.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I grabbed my PX blue from simulator yesterday....so gratifying....I have lost quite a few points on the season because of my grind to 2k but I will earn them back by the end of the season to get my 10-pack so I'm good...

Back to the OP, it is **** when people snipe you or knock you out or placement but as others have said this is a competitive game - maybe on a 2nd xf build? maybe wanted that 1k iso? maybe maintaining season/ alliance score? maybe just being a ****? You/ we will never know, the best thing that I learned as a newer player be patient, get into a good alliance, and don't rage quit...this game will reward you if you give it time. Yes there are covers and goals you will need to grind to achieve but it will only make you a better player in the long run.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure if he answered but did the OP not finish in 2nd and still get the cover?
  • cynder9792 wrote:
    Not sure if he answered but did the OP not finish in 2nd and still get the cover?
    my best guess is they're still knocked out icon_cool.gif
  • Mama said.

My mama just told me not to come.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    re: placement. In the pve situation, where a shiny 4 star.png is in play, it depends on the field and the cover involved. If it is a newly released cover, like the thing, that people want, then may the best grinder win. Everyone is playing under the same constraints.

For pvp events, players are looking for placement---in the event itself, for the individual season, and for the alliance (event and season). Sometimes just a handful of points will mean the difference for a top 10, 25, or 50 placement, leading to reward gains/losses for the entire 20 man alliance. Thus, I believe players should score as high as they could, and if that means sniping someone who is worth the points, then by all means go right ahead.

The key thing to keep in mind is that for the higher scoring alliances, every point scored by a member will make a difference in the reward tier. If you have played in a top 100 group, you will understand this obligation that members feel toward one another in this regard.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Twombley wrote:
    Worse that the leader in my last PvE bracket didn't have any 4* characters
    So that means they are using low strategy to win 4*s and then deleting them to avoid the scaling that a level 70 would bring.

Shocking waste.
    How is he winning a bracket without the 4* essential? Sounds more likely that you're in a new player bracket

Agree, that's hell of an assumption to make and really unlikely to happen in a vet bracket where everyone has all the essentials and is grinding down like clockwork.

I may also be biased as my new account may have won the last pve without the essential... or any other 4*s cough cough. It was legit, I had no 4*s at the time apart from a carnage waiting in the cover queue due to lack of roster space, my primary 2*s only just got their last covers and I didn't have enough iso to get all of them levelled up. The noob life is hard, stop hating! icon_e_sad.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I wish there was a "please don't hit me for twenty minutes because I'm so close to the next progression" flag.

Like, I don't care where I finish in the event a lot of times, I just hate being one fight away from the progression I've been trying to get only to get hit three or four times for every time I win.

And the snipers. Those damn snipers. Do you know how many 270 squad 1 point retaliations I've skipped this season? It's like they are looking at rosters and saying, "that guy is close to his 4* transition, we must deny him progressions."

Or maybe it is the devs saying, "if we deny him long enough, maybe he will buy the covers or packs out of frustration."

icon_cry.gif
  • Buret0
    cynder9792 wrote:
    I grabbed my PX blue from simulator yesterday....so gratifying....I have lost quite a few points on the season because of my grind to 2k but I will earn them back by the end of the season to get my 10-pack so I'm good...

Back to the OP, it is **** when people snipe you or knock you out or placement but as others have said this is a competitive game - maybe on a 2nd xf build? maybe wanted that 1k iso? maybe maintaining season/ alliance score? maybe just being a ****? You/ we will never know, the best thing that I learned as a newer player be patient, get into a good alliance, and don't rage quit...this game will reward you if you give it time. Yes there are covers and goals you will need to grind to achieve but it will only make you a better player in the long run.

I don't mind losing points over and over in simulator. I'll fight anyone, even low scores in shield sim, just because it is fun. Plus, I'm averaging more ISO from winning a ton of PvP fights than I am from DDQ.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    I wish there was a "please don't hit me for twenty minutes because I'm so close to the next progression" flag.

Like, I don't care where I finish in the event a lot of times, I just hate being one fight away from the progression I've been trying to get only to get hit three or four times for every time I win.

And the snipers. Those damn snipers. Do you know how many 270 squad 1 point retaliations I've skipped this season? It's like they are looking at rosters and saying, "that guy is close to his 4* transition, we must deny him progressions."

Or maybe it is the devs saying, "if we deny him long enough, maybe he will buy the covers or packs out of frustration."

icon_cry.gif
    Yeah, I wish there was a way to COMMUNICATE with other players as well D3 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    Yeah, I wish there was a way to COMMUNICATE with other players as well D3 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Sadly , it would be such a whine/empty threat/sob story fest.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

haha...

"WHYD YOU ATTACK ME X PLAYER YOU'RE A TINYKITTY!!!!"

"Please don't hit me, let me get first place I need X-force plz plz"

honestly if there were chat I'd tell people to hit me b/c I don't need placement unless its first usually

I also think it would make mercing a bit less hectic
  • Buret0
    Wonko33 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I was thinking it would be more flame wars and sexual threats.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

And I sadly agree. It would be great to find more adults (not so much chronologically, but at least developmentally/emotionally) online, but alas.

I still remember the first and last time I ever turned on the "all players" multiplayer sound in a console game (COD maybe?)... icon_eek.gif

Ho-lee... there are some unhealthy people out there. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Buret0 wrote:
    cynder9792 wrote:

I don't mind losing points over and over in simulator. I'll fight anyone, even low scores in shield sim, just because it is fun. Plus, I'm averaging more ISO from winning a ton of PvP fights than I am from DDQ.

I decided to make a mad dash to 2000 this afternoon. Only hit 1x making a 400 points run. And I managed to do it spending 50 hp on 1 heal kit, and zero shielding. Now I'm knocked down to 1700s, and I no longer care. I'll play the retal game whenever I have extra heals. No biggie. icon_mrgreen.gif