* Iron Man (Model 35) *

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I got rid of mine, but wondering if he works with Magneto in this new environment. If so, worth keeping.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Judging by your roster you're getting ready to start your transition from 2* to 3* and that extra slot is going to be more valuable to you than hanging on to him waiting for him to become usable.

Start thinking long-term. Those that went back and rebuilt theirs are in the position to do so without drawbacks - you're not.

I still don't regret getting rid of my 1* characters and don't miss IM35 one bit
  • Unknown
    Options
    There were a couple of 1* tournaments a little while ago. I don't know if those are coming back, but I've hung on to a trio of 1*s just in case.

There was a mention by IceIX that 1* tournaments (albeit being somewhat popular among players) were not that profitable for D3 (not enough HP spent during the event) so I wouldn't hold my breath that they repeat them that often. But if the player has enough roster slots I would also recommend not selling off (almost) maxed characters. Then again I would sell IM35 in a heart beat. But that's just me. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me, need to delete my own lvl 1 5-5-3 IM 35. I maxed cHawkeye though - I like the board control option for Heroic events. IM 35 is simply too bland and outclassed by everyone (Wolverine, Thor, Ares, Capn and mHawkeye even).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    There were a couple of 1* tournaments a little while ago. I don't know if those are coming back, but I've hung on to a trio of 1*s just in case.

There was a mention by IceIX that 1* tournaments (albeit being somewhat popular among players) were not that profitable for D3 (not enough HP spent during the event) so I wouldn't hold my breath that they repeat them that often. But if the player has enough roster slots I would also recommend not selling off (almost) maxed characters. Then again I would sell IM35 in a heart beat. But that's just me. icon_mrgreen.gif

I kind of thought that. The Avengers, Dark Avengers, Divine Champs and girls only tournaments were pretty cool too, but it looks like they're just going with standard fair tournaments now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And even if they do repeat the 1* tournament you can always easily get any 1* at least cover-maxed in short time. So... sell away, sell away, sell away (Enya <3).
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Why keep anything below 3 star? I sold all my 2 & 1 stars as soon as I got a couple 3 stars around level 60 (Hulk and Hood, wudduuuup). If there is a 3 star Hawkeye, I'm going to make him strong so I can have 3 3-star chars that start with "H". Then I will contact the WWE and tell them HHH is dominating in MPQ.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    bloafx69 wrote:
    Why keep anything below 3 star?
    Have you heard of these events they like to run where rosters are limited?
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    bloafx69 wrote:
    Why keep anything below 3 star?
    Have you heard of these events they like to run where rosters are limited?

3star_zpsercexfg6.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    I sold my original IM35, but I'm back to releveling a new one. One of my big regrets was selling all my * characters to make room for *** ones. Once I eventually got enough HP for slots, I regot all the * and ** characters.

Bottom line: every single character can have a use.

um... yelena has no use... there are 6 better 1*s to tank with and shes ****
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Modern storm is better than most 2*s. And probably half the 3*s. Doubly so in pve.

Ditto OBW
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Ditto OBW

OBW is a 2*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    AkaTobi_85 wrote:
    I sold my original IM35, but I'm back to releveling a new one. One of my big regrets was selling all my * characters to make room for *** ones. Once I eventually got enough HP for slots, I regot all the * and ** characters.

Bottom line: every single character can have a use.

um... yelena has no use... there are 6 better 1*s to tank with and shes ****

Still. Better safe than sorry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yep, I kept the lot of them too. I occasionally break them out again to tank, play easy PvE nodes or harvest iso in the Prologue chapters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow this guy hasn't been voted on!
  • Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

Restart this one, My ascended one star base 5 star 469 level IM is rocking hard.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Altair22 said:
    Restart this one, My ascended one star base 5 star 469 level IM is rocking hard.

Is he really? His powers all cost a kajillion ap, even if they hit pretty hard. And he had no passives, no true healing, and no self-acceleration. Why bother with him when 1* spidey is right there with 3x decent or better powers that all cost 6ap.

Ascend him for the rewards of course, but I can't imagine myself using him if I didn't need to.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Altair22 said:

Is he really? His powers all cost a kajillion ap, even if they hit pretty hard. And he had no passives, no true healing, and no self-acceleration. Why bother with him when 1* spidey is right there with 3x decent or better powers that all cost 6ap.

Ascend him for the rewards of course, but I can't imagine myself using him if I didn't need to.

well my IM one star base 5 star ascended is currently 484 lvl and rocking hard, been using him in PVPs with Storm one star 469 lvl and Shang Chi 5. 470 lvl. they have been kicking ****.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Altair22 said:

@Vhailorx said:

@Altair22 said:

well my IM one star base 5 star ascended is currently 484 lvl and rocking hard, been using him in PVPs with Storm one star 469 lvl and Shang Chi 5. 470 lvl. they have been kicking ****.

1* storm is fine because her green and yellow are both somewhat useful in 5* land. And 1* spidey is good because he has 3 very cheap powers that are all decent. But what does IM bring to the table other than 5* champ rewards? His powers are just bad.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His red hits EXTREMELY hard with no damage boosters and no drawbacks.