Get the Independence Vault content that you truly want!

Options
2»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    19 3 stars are better funny is 10 of those 19 i alreday have max so why would they even put them in the vault. so 9 out of 50. PASS
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is not working for me. I tried in iPhone and iPad and it is locked with two 4hor and 1000HP, and I already have my 4hor maxed.

The only thing that maybe I did different is that maybe I opened another type of token, but I have not opened any Independece Vault.

It is a ****, none of the 4 or the 3 interest me :_(
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    didn't work for me, I might have locked y vaults by cashing in today's ddq tokens
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Wow, this is so weird/buggy. I tried doing this a few times to change my independence vault and it didn't work.

But then I noticed that both my DDQ vaults had changed in the meantime.

I get the impression they will be patching this before long.

Edit: Additional information about it is in this thread on the first page:
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=31081

Apparently, using a token does NOT lock the vault, and so someone had the vault change on them after they used a token.

So...... as far as what locks the vault it still seems to be a mystery.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All that I know is that after refreshing it over a hundred times my Vault got locked once I purchased the daily deal.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! It saved me from a complete landfill of a vault. My re-rolled vault has the covers I need to finish Cyclops and Karmello (EXACTLY what I needed, which is surprising - two red Cyclops, one purple K), and a tasty blue Prof X on the far left.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    No luck. No tokens redeemed or bought. Restarted. Forced closed app. Even cleared cache.

Still the same Electra purple, Fury yellow, and Falcon purple. ****
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just to add, for stockpiled tokens the vault content changes everytime you open the stockpiled vault. Just changing between the current and the stockpile alredy changes the content (using the arrows on the top). But stockpiled vault does not have a xxx/300 count, every single pull has 1/300 chance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Speaking of the Independence Vault, Im baffled at the math here.

I can buy 1 token for 50 HP, or 10 tokens for 3000 HP.

But buying 1 token 10 times would be 500 HP? Why would you buy the bulk packages?

Or is the daily deal a one time purchase?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The daily deal is, as the name implies, a once per day deal. After that you can only buy single tokens at the 'normal' price until the next day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

But buying 1 token 10 times would be 500 HP? Why would you buy the bulk packages?

their "math" doesn't make sense unless you're a greedy corporation......the daily deal for 10 pack and 42 pack have always been a joke(2%? are u kidding me?)
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    to make it even stranger...if you look at the "deals" they are offering you can buy a 40 pack for 15k hp but you can buy the same amount of tokens (40) for 12k hp if you just buy 10-packs? I know they claim the % for certain covers goes up by getting the 40 pack but I don't think it would make much difference.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well after today my vault is busted icon_e_smile.gif

got one token from the falcon PVP... Put the token in an cross fingers

BOOM 1000 HP

nothing else in the vault worth going for but i will get 2 more tokens from the PVP. though i wont buy any
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

Thank You for posting this! My wife and I were baffled by this buffoonery as well. I'm from the school of thinking that "deals" of bulk items should see a reduction of pricing of it's individual cards in order to entice purchase.

Here it seems the other way around even if it IS a one-time purchase on cards that are 10x or more.

What makes it even more head-scratching is that there were no reduction in the pricing of resources. (Not that I would buy any of it at the inflated price for Hero Points. [But I would look at them from time to time. Yunno, looking for those "garage sale type" deals.])

I mean, take a look the current Taco Vault.

It's 175 HP for each card in a 40-pack and a better value than the Independence Vault. (Granted that the quality is better but still not good enough, to open my wallet, tho)

It feels as if Good Ol' Gil is behind the pricing of these sales.
    "D'ah, she's a beut'. You can't beat a Coleco, eh ...? How many can I put ya' down for, a lot? Please say "a lot," I need this.
    Also, I'm going to stray off the topic just a tad though just so you know where I'm coming from. Because as a kid of the mid-90s, especially around the time when Pogs were huge, I use to collect those Fleer ULTRA Spider-man trading cards. (I still have them! Nearly complete and with lots of dupes too) And they were 1 to 2 dollars a pack I remember. The cards were also random, yet I had a circle of friends that had those and I could trade with. The Comic book store would also sell rare cards directly for $5-20 dollars at a first come first serve basis.

It's definitely a challenge to DP3, between making the game fun and easy vs. making this game profitable with it's free to play model. However, the way they've gone about it this last year, it's a tough sell to get people like me to spend in this game unless they go Bargain Bin style pricing. And that would require opening the flood gates of players with maxed out characters. Which would level the playing field in PvP. (But PvP has problems of its own that prevents it from being truly enjoyable.)

As it stands now, I'm pretty comfortable still grinding in this game even with their heavy-handed in-app purchases. And if they were really into making tons of money, I'm sure they could find a way to subtly insert ads without disturbing the flow of the game and to supplement the Devs income. Sega, for example, does that by having players watch ads to get a free revive if they falter in their current run or purchase the game for $4.00USD.

Spending $99.99 USD for either 20,000 HPs or 78,000 ISOs is a waste of $99.99 USD, (especially ISOs! Since I usually accrue 70,000 in less than 2 weeks of grinding) simply because at my current level it would be gone within seconds and wouldn't make much of a dent in the progress I have left. It would also leave me with a bad taste in my mouth especially coming from a mobile game!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This works on the Taco Vaults as well. Here's my summary:

1. On Android (and ios?), you can reset the vault by closing and re-opening the app if NO Vault tokens of any kind have been used since the Vault you want to reset was started. This includes when a new type appears for the first time (Independence Vault) or when the two Taco Vaults (Sweet and Savory) come back into rotation. Using a token for ANY Vault locks all your Vaults into place.

1a. So every 5 days, when your Taco Vault resets, you can cycle the rewards until you get what you want.

2. For the expired Taco Vault that is not currently active (Savory as of this posting), each token pull resets that Vault. (Essentially giving it basic Taco Vault percentage pulls each time.)

So ideal strategies:
    Taco Vault- Stockpile tokens until you are happy with the chance of pulling what you want. When that Vault type (Sweet or Savory) refreshes (every 5 days), cycle your app until you get what you want. Do NOT open any other type of Vault tokens. Then use tokens till you get what you want and stop, or until you run out.

any other Vault type- When it first appears, cycle until you get the draws you want in it before opening any other Vault token.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish I had read this before I opened my Independence Vault, as there are exact 4 items that I actually need. Fortunately, I've pulled 2 of those, (1000 HP and GSBW Green), so I can't really complain. Plus with the HP pull, it more than paid for itself icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have pulled 9/50 of the vault. Mostly with the 50 HP daily deals.

8 of the 9 items I've pulled have been 2*.

That is putrid.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    For the expired Taco Vault that is not currently active (Savory as of this posting), each token pull resets that Vault. (Essentially giving it basic Taco Vault percentage pulls each time.)
    Just cycling token page resets expired vault for me icon_razz.gif

Use it while you can people because it surely will get fixed, that 1000 HP reset button isn't there just for shows.
  • GameDemonKing
    Options
    I gotten both Star lord covers, which is fantastic. Then I gotten 2 Captain America covers to max out him. As for the rest, 5 Lv 15 covers and both Gamora covers. There is one more day left for the event, which I'm hoping for either Punisher or Cyclops so that I can level them up