Get the Independence Vault content that you truly want!

Options
Carnage_78
Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
If you have not earned an Independence Vault token nor taken advantage of the daily deal then you can potentially decide which vault content you want to lock in.

Simply get in / out of the game & each time the Vault content will change randomly. Once you are happy with the content, buy the daily deal token. This will lock the content of the vault. I suspect that earning your first token will also have the same effect.

I was able to do it in my game but this probably need to be confirmed by other player making the same trial experience.

I've observed in the many times (I lost count but I did it for almost an hour straight) that I've tried to get different content that the set of potential characters seems to be limited & not random across the entire range of the game.

The characters that kept coming up over & over again were:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_falcon.png
icon_magneto.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_loki.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_thor.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ragnarok.png

I will try the same procedure with the new Deadpool Daily Quest Vault once it comes up to see if the same can be applied to all vaults.

EDIT: I even got myself an X-Force Black as my first pull for my trouble! icon_mrgreen.gif

Further EDIT: I am on Android & it was confirmed by at least one of my alliance mates (also on Android) but it did not work for everyone in the alliance. Waiting for more data from different players to maybe find a pattern but for sure it is out there for some players to exploit. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Excellent advice, thank you. Spared me from being stuck with two Elektra covers I don't need. I shuffled until got a red 4hor and blue Fury, both of which I really need.

I didn't see a single 4* newer than Starlord in 9 shuffles, btw.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It does not seem to work on PC, at least for me. Never got a token, daily deal or PVP. Closed/opened the game 5 times. Even closed/opened Steam again, normally and through task manager.
    I could try to reset the internet or the computer, but i'm too lazy for that.

A shame, my vault is simple terrible.
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    Yeah, an alliance mate of mine said it did not work on Steam for him either unfortunately.

It was confirmed on iPhone as well as Android by other players than myself.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Worked for me once, then got stuck on the same content. At least it was marginally better - 1 usable 4* in addition to the hp which was the only thing of interest. Not that I am likely to get either. :p
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Options
    You mean close the app and reopen it?
  • Carnage_78
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yeah. Close the game completely (clear it from running apps as well maybe, i.e. force close) & then open it again.
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Options
    No luck. Probably had it open in the background too long. I've tried killing the app multiple times. On iPhone.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried it as well on Android and no luck. Prof X yellow (which I need) and Elektra purple (which I have already maxed) every time. ):
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    If you have not earned an Independence Vault token

"Earned"? Prithee, how does one earn such a boon?
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    They can be earned in PvP as they are replacing the usual event tokens for the upcoming Captain America, Falcon & Captain Marvel events.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Confirmed working on tablet version Andriod. Close/Force closed the App

Kept shuffling as there are some awful combinations and too many Cap yellows.
    Fishing for Prof X / HB
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was working on my iPhone but then there was an extended loading screen when restarting and it didn't work after that.

After doing this it would seem to me that if they wanted to make the most money they would lower the costs of Resetting the Vault so that people pay to get the contents that they want and then they would pay again to buy tokens to empty the vault.
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    This has stopped working now, there was one thing i did differently which may have led to this.

Opened the recruit page, went to the Independence day vault. Usually i force closed if i didn't like the content. This time i navigated to my roster to check covers and then force closed. This may have locked the vault.

So perhaps if you want to change the vault contents then immediately close the program, do not navigate anywhere. Perhaps this stops the contents being locked in memory/talking to the server.

Yellow X-Force and 4Hor... At least there are a bunch of Red LCap which i need.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Worked once, but stopped on Blue PX and Thor, could be worse.

On side note, I love how you can keep sliding rewards way past into the void icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nice find. My vault was complete garbage but I'll keep this in mind from now on. Because my Sweet vault IS garbage.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately, this isn't working for me (IOS, iPad3).

So that means I'm stuck with an Independence Vault that has only a single cover that I need (Cage black).

So that's 2 out of 2 vaults with only Xforce covers as 4*. Hope today's new taco vault will be better.
  • SnagglePuss
    Options
    Confirmed working for DDQ...

Navigating away did not lock the vault (checked roster / alliance chat / switched tabs). If it depends on your first token then quickly getting a token will do it, or until whatever server chat/lock/counter triggers and locks the vault.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lanko8 wrote:
    It does not seem to work on PC, at least for me. Never got a token, daily deal or PVP. Closed/opened the game 5 times. Even closed/opened Steam again, normally and through task manager.
    I could try to reset the internet or the computer, but i'm too lazy for that.

A shame, my vault is simple terrible.

It's working for me on PC. Worked on mobile, too, both for the Independence Vault daily (Moonstone, whee) and for DDQ (2x Storm (2), whee).

I haven't pulled a 4* from the Vault yet, though; 7 non-2* pulls from 21 tokens opened so far. Dunno if it's worth rearranging to reset my 4* icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The weird part is that it's working for both my current and post-event taco vaults. Just not for independence. Maybe once I have tokens for that/started the event?

Also, don't know if it's a bug or not, but the post event taco vault resets after every pull.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On PC and it definitely worked from last night to this morning - went from a bad Elektra cover to a bad SL cover. Can't seem to get it to work again, I'll just let it sit another day before I lock it in.