Thing, Hood, Deadpool node

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So aside from wishing cancer upon the Designer of this node, how else are people dealing with it?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So aside from wishing cancer upon the Designer of this node, how else are people dealing with it?
    If, cage, cyclops. I use IF attack tile to take down hood and then I use cyclops nukes to hit whomever has the most health. I got hit with one clobbering time and that was all.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    KK's green doesn't trigger Thing or DP defence skills so her, DD is good for stun and his red, and I used patch as a 3rd but 3* thor might have been better.

Then deny red, and green, you need them anyhow, but deny red first.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    IF, Steve, LThor. Damage Boost all, green/black, red/yellow. Deny the **** out of green, red, purple. Take out Hood first with match damage, nuke DP, hope you can clear Things protect tiles while roiding up Thor green and Cap red.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_loki.pngicon_loki.pngicon_loki.png
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    Nope, Nope, and Nope.

Absolutely impossible. I'm back to wishing horrible things on the person who designed this level. Offending text removed.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I ran Mags/Storm/Loki and boosted. Targeted Thing and DP (whoever had the most hit points) and got to the point where I could start spamming abilities. It's definitely tricky, but if they can't move they won't win.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Opponent levels 213/214

I used Falcon boosted lvl 231 3/5/5, Iron fist 140 (5/3/5) and Luke cage 140 (5/4/4)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did I deal with it? Looked, laughed, said "nope."
  • I went old school on this node.
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_blade.png

The first three characters I 166d.

I prioritized black and red while focusing match damage to Hood. Once I had enough and he was low enough, I RotP to one shot Hood. After that. I would alternate my shields until both DP and Thing went down.

It had been a while but it was nice to use those guys together again.
  • I went with Daken/Fist/Blade.

If Hood wants to steal my AP, let him: I'll just passive him to death. Damage shouldn't get high enough to trigger the passives before he dies. After Hood's death, it's just a matter of attacking whoever has the most HP to avoid the passives and letting Daken take the damage, if possible.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    icon_falcon.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_loki.png
    Attack Hood, gather enough greentile.png + blacktile.png , hit Hood with Berserker Rage -> Thing shields dropping -> use Trickery -> win.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Mine is 166, I first tried to throw some of my (mostly undercovered soft-capped at 104) 3*, no luck. As a last resort I used Hawkeye + Stormneto, had a lucky board and won.
  • I used Blade, Patch, and Loki. All 110. The real trick is to deny red and green, and when you attack Thing or BP just make sure to target whichever of them has greater health. Or you deliberately get Thing's passive to fire and use Loki to turn those juicy protects into brutal strikes.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I went xf, bp, cmag. prioritized matching bk and yellow to get rage and battle plan going. That's nearly enough to knock out hood w/ one aoe. Hit thing second and dp last.

I managed to win without any team member dying. So that's a plus in my book. icon_cool.gif
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Goddess Loki Mohawk

I was left with all three around 1000 hp but they were standing and the thing dp and hood we're not.

No boosts level 324 enemies.

Leave match-4's to steal ap and as others have said cut off red green purple in that order. Use goddess to stun thing or dp once they have a nuke armed and suck up intimidations as they are the least damaging of any of the actives.

This felt like a gauntlet node and good luck to the player who can successfully beat this eight times for an optimal clear.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453

This felt like a gauntlet node and good luck to the player who can successfully beat this eight times for an optimal clear.

If ppl want xf gr that badly they can have it. icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK, Cage, Mags, got it done first shot taking little damage. tick away at hood while getting black and green, others as you can.. put thing out front, JJC, 2nd JJC DP jumps in front, stunned for 2 rounds, JJC on DP and Thing jumps in front, stunned for 2 rounds

hood was killed by bash, mags mostly took care of the rest... killed DP with a Righteous Uppercut even though he only had 130hp left, just to watch it happen.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I used 127 IF (2/4/5), 127 Cage (2/4/4) and 190 Falcon (5/5/3) against level 175. I was doing 1000hp passive damage and taking minimal damage as I took most of the yellow and was trying to take all red/green. Got Hood down without an issue and they had only 1 green and 0 red. That's when **** hit the fan. They got a massive cascade which immediately gave them enough green to knock out IF. Then I accidentally hit the lower health person with cage yellow and ben grim places his wonderful protect tiles. Now I am not doing any damage and neither are they. Slowly whittling away the protect tiles with falcon blue. DP whales and gets falcon to go down. Take down Ben Grimm and collect enough black for cage black and take down DP. Cage had like 2000hp left. Fun, but damn that one cascade.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2015
    Loki, Patch, (Edit: Cage).

Weak damage Deadpool with your early game matches. Force match 4s to trigger mischief. Loki AP denial, Cage match protection.

Once you have enough to use Berserker Rage twice and Trickery once, aim for Hood with Berserker Rage #1 and Thing will jump in front and poop out some protect tiles. Then target Deadpool and use Berserker Rage again. Thing will again jump in front and poop out protect tiles. Then use Trickery to turn all of those enemy Berserker Rage strike tiles into friendly protect tiles and all of those enemy protect tiles into friendly strike tiles.

Now target Thing until he is dead, then Deadpool until he is dead, then Hood. Deadpool might jump in front of one hit, just don't let Thing jump in front and you'll have no trouble.

Beat it with Loki 120, Patch 125, Cage 129... only took protected basic match damage, mostly on Patch.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    Loki, Patch, Hood.

Weak damage Deadpool with your early game matches. Force match 4s to trigger mischief. Hood + Loki AP denial.

Once you have enough to use Berserker Rage twice and Trickery once, aim for Hood with Berserker Rage #1 and Thing will jump in front and poop out some protect tiles. Then target Deadpool and use Berserker Rage again. Thing will again jump in front and poop out protect tiles. Then use Trickery to turn all of those enemy Berserker Rage strike tiles into friendly protect tiles and all of those enemy protect tiles into friendly strike tiles.

Now target Thing until he is dead, then Deadpool until he is dead, then Hood. Deadpool might jump in front of one hit, just don't let Thing jump in front and you'll have no trouble.

Beat it with Loki 120, Patch 125, Hood 125... only took basic match damage, mostly on Patch.

Hood is in that node so you can't use Hood.