why are we splitting taco tokens?

Heartburn
Heartburn Posts: 527
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
i want to try and nip this idea before it propagates so here i go. Start rant now!
Why in the heck are we splitting taco tokens now that the vault is active? can anyboby give me a good reason why they did this in the first place? cause all i see is that they are stingy with rewards or they are tinykitties. they didn't announce the order when released. they forced you to hope the character you wanted in the right pile you saved.

This is why i don't give them money any more. they tinykitty even the simplest concepts. you only need to cover one or two heroes, ok wait til they come into rotation and go nutz! lol j/k tokens from week 1 don't stack with week 2 icon_evil.gif oh that new hero you want just so happens to be in the same stack you used to get the first hero icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif.

splitting tacos token is almost as dumb as roster slots... sorry capt. can't join my team not even chairs. icon_eek.gif let me save for a week or two so i can buy some more. oh look they only come in packs of 2 or 3 for double or triple the price icon_evil.gif guess you will have to wait another week or two. Capt. expired icon_cry.gif
/rant]

alright White knights come at me bro try and defend this stupidity.

ps. can we start a poll on this, i like polls icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    Why in the heck are we splitting taco tokens now that the vault is active?
    To make it harder for us to hoard effectively, and to sell twice as many tokens to the people who are inclined to buy them.

Or was that a rhetorical question?
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    simonsez wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:
    Why in the heck are we splitting taco tokens now that the vault is active?
    To make it harder for us to hoard effectively, and to sell twice as many tokens to the people who are inclined to buy them.

Or was that a rhetorical question?
    Heartburn wrote:
    ... can anyboby give me a good reason why they did this in the first place? cause all i see is that they are stingy with rewards or they are tinykitties.
    yep i would have to agree then.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Throw down for a Stark Salary during a sale, whale up HB, meet 1300 Progression just because and never have to care about Taco Tokens ever again.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, there is no reason to split them. 150 days of hoarding is ridiculous, asking for more than that is bizarre - and certainly does look incredibly stingy.

Even if there was only one set of tacos, I would hope they would lower that 150 day timeline by putting these tacos in some other event as well. I mentioned the other day that the current two PVE's have pretty incredibly boring rewards, I'll be skipping them entirely.

Keep the progressions as-is but add in a few Taco rewards along the way? All the sudden these events become "sweet"! (or, sigh, spicy).
  • I would hazard a guess. It's probably a technical thing, so that they can have everything change over smoothly at DDQ refresh time. Is there a way to code around it? Probably. But would it be tricky, and possibly break things every five days? Probably.

Don't apply malicious intent where there are other explanations.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Truthcraze wrote:

umm... hello... this is the internet? OF COURSE people will impute malicious intent! icon_twisted.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Truthcraze wrote:
    I would hazard a guess. It's probably a technical thing, so that they can have everything change over smoothly at DDQ refresh time. Is there a way to code around it? Probably. But would it be tricky, and possibly break things every five days? Probably.

Hanlon's Razor.

And not the one he shaved with.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Truthcraze wrote:
    I would hazard a guess. It's probably a technical thing, so that they can have everything change over smoothly at DDQ refresh time. Is there a way to code around it? Probably. But would it be tricky, and possibly break things every five days? Probably.

Hanlon's Razor.

And not the one he shaved with.
    Found it!
    early_razor_scooter.jpg
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Do we know for sure that taco tokens are actually split or are we just using our jump to conclusions mats?
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure it's set up that way because they go in back-to-back. All events that have ever run back-to-back have had two different token sets for each: Meet R&G, Ultron and DDQ (as examples). Much like events themselves they have everything set up prior to the actual run. If they didn't do this I'm pretty sure that the other option would be a day-long break in between each run where they had to change out the particulars for the token and data push them back out. It's not a matter of spite, it's a matter of timely events/prizes and efficiency.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Its simply another mechanic to part fools and their money.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Truthcraze wrote:

Pretty much this. In order to have things run smoothly between the two events, we either need downtime to switch out the tokens or two sets of tokens. Otherwise there ends up being weird edge cases where people turn in tokens while changing time zones or somehow being out of sync with the server... all kinds of things. Those players then come home to cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. Two token sets that rotate is a *much* smoother way of doing things.
  • what is the token split? beef/chicken/steak?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Truthcraze wrote:

Pretty much this. In order to have things run smoothly between the two events, we either need downtime to switch out the tokens or two sets of tokens. Otherwise there ends up being weird edge cases where people turn in tokens while changing time zones or somehow being out of sync with the server... all kinds of things. Those players then come home to cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria. Two token sets that rotate is a *much* smoother way of doing things.
    What if you have a convert button that allows you to convert Sweet tokens to Sour (or whatever the second set is) tokens (and vice verso)? If the problem is that there needs to be a delay for the transition to take place... you can have the convert button be grayed out with a timer for the first 24 hours of the transition. This way, they stay separate pools for the switchover, then when everything is settled and all timezones transitioned, you can transfer them if you want them to pull from the current pool. I have 6 tokens I'm holding because I don't need any of the covers in the current featured group, but if the next set of vault contents has cards I need, I would really love to use them for that, even if I have to wait a day to convert them for use.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet and Savory. Who eats a sweet taco?

Well, yeah, Deadpool might. I wouldn't want to share, though.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

choco-taco.jpg

me.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Malcrof wrote:

choco-taco.jpg

me.
    I don't know if I can thumb that up any more than I have.

Also, sweet chili fish tacos. Mmm...
  • Malcrof wrote:

choco-taco.jpg

me.
    where is confirmation of token split? when is it? everyweek?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Truthcraze wrote:

there is your confirmation.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Truthcraze wrote:

there is your confirmation.
    ok but what's that mean? the OP is about putting out a fire but I don't know where the fire is or what intensity it is.

I just figured it was posted somewhere and I missed it......but I guess it just means tokens will split at some point in time in the future