Ant-Man 30 Day Story Event Coming?!?

Options

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Well according to the sneak preview below, Ant Man will have Drop Tiles like Ultron so maybe instead of an Ultron event, it will be an Ant Man event 2-weeks back-to-back. However, I find it odd they would choose to do a 30-day event for Ant Man and not Ultron.
    turul wrote:
    AntMan's sneak preview
    Ant-Man hops on the back of Anthony and leads a swarm of winged ants into the enemy's base. Creates ??? Drop tiles in the top 2 rows. If one reaches the bottom row, remove all Drop tiles and steal up to ??? Green, Red, Yellow, Black, Purple & Blue AP from the enemy. While these tiles are on the board, this power becomes Grow. (Green, Red, Yellow + cover upgrades)

Ant-Man uses Pym Particles to shrink down and cause pint-sized chaos. Creates a Purple Trap tile. While it's on the board, it creates ??? strength ??? Purple Attack tiles each turn. This power becomes Grow.

Ant-Man leaps towards his enemy, restoring himself to full-size in midair to deliver a haymaker. Remove all Ant-Man Drop & Trap tiles, and deal ??? damage to the target. This power becomes Small Time Crooks / Pym Particles.

Ant-Man commands an army of ants to swarm his foes, biting them all over. Creates ??? ???-turn Red Countdown tiles that each create a strength ??? Yellow Strike tile. (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, deal ??? damage for each Ants! Ants! Ants! countdown tile.

Actually, thats outdated. The drop tile power is now a Countdown based special tile stealing power.

Oops, guess I haven't been keeping up on the news! Thanks for the update Turul.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It could be like Gauntlet, in that it is indivual and not strictly timed. And also like Ultron in that each 'mission' unlocks your ability to play a node on a main map. And some/all of those nodes on the main map award Ant-Man covers for beating them.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    is there any way to check how many deadpool points you have saved? If this is gauntlet style, i know i will have to use them at least once...
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    is there any way to check how many deadpool points you have saved? If this is gauntlet style, i know i will have to use them at least once...
    every time you fire whales it will give you the option to super-size it. That'll tell you how many points you've got saved up. Just pick 'ok' at the top instead of the really big button in the middle.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    every time you fire whales it will give you the option to super-size it. That'll tell you how many points you've got saved up. Just pick 'ok' at the top instead of the really big button in the middle.

On Steam, you can hover the mouse over WHALES WHALES WHALES and it will show the points even without firing.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the news of a Gauntlet type structure, I think it's safe to say this will be one of the most highly antsicipated evants in a long while.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone say hello to the new ALL IMPROVED 30 Day Gauntlet

They said 5 new missions = 5 new maps..

sadly like the old gaunlet most will be outclassed by the 2nd map and give up
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    With the news of a Gauntlet type structure, I think it's safe to say this will be one of the most highly antsicipated evants in a long while.

LOL there are tons of people who do not even play gaunlet, it will be the worse event for me since i cant get past the 2nd stage of a normal 1 there is no way im getting past 5 maps. even if they gave me a year

by the way im sure if it is a gaunlet normal PVES will run right along the side of this and we get to hear all the people say.. I DONT HAVE TIME FOR ALL OF THIS...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

It will be only fun if
    - 30 days will provide enough fresh content, not 5 Gauntlet-maps open for 30 days or ~weekly one gauntlet map. It would be very boring to wait if you complete these in a single day or so.
    - if 30 days of play will be worth the effort. (like guaranteed 3* besides Ant-Man)

Or does 30 days refer to 15days + rerun?
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

LOL there are tons of people who do not even play gaunlet, it will be the worse event for me since i cant get past the 2nd stage of a normal 1 there is no way im getting past 5 maps. even if they gave me a year

by the way im sure if it is a gaunlet normal PVES will run right along the side of this and we get to hear all the people say.. I DONT HAVE TIME FOR ALL OF THIS...

Such a negative Nantsy.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    With the news of a Gauntlet type structure, I think it's safe to say this will be one of the most highly anticipated events in a long while.

It will be only fun if
    - 30 days will provide enough fresh content, not 5 Gauntlet-maps open for 30 days or ~weekly one gauntlet map. It would be very boring to wait if you complete these in a single day or so.
    - if 30 days of play will be worth the effort. (like guaranteed 3* besides Ant-Man)

Or does 30 days refer to 15days + rerun?

Here is the rub though, that is an entire season.

So if no chance at finishing early, are they just cancelling the season for the event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    And once again, we hear about it from everywhere else, except the forum, and from people other than the devs...

cmon guys, some info would be nice!

Did the forum sign an exclusivity deal with them that the devs have to post here before promoting their game in media outlets?

I would imagine not, but then again, it seems a bit odd to even have your own forum and not use it...

DBC
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    It does say 5 new missions. That doesn't seem like it would mean 5 nodes. Could be a PVE event with 5 subs? But that wouldn't fit a 3 day event, since all subs are at least 24 hours. Unless it's a 3 day event with overlapping subs.

Since it starts July 9 and the movie doesn't come out till July 17, I could see an event much bigger than 3 days for this. But what would be 30? Some new PVE content like PVP seasons?
    Yeah... These are same people that called survival nodes a new game mode
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I fully expect a Hidden Cow Level.
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

So basically a level full of Skrulls?

Let's see how many get that referants
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hidden cow level, sponsored by skrull milk.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

So basically a level full of Skrulls?

Let's see how many get that referants

SKRULL KILL KREW 4 LYFE
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm just going to hope my scaring doesn't make it impossible for me. Reached round 3 of last gauntlet but didn't get close to finishing it.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    And once again, we hear about it from everywhere else, except the forum, and from people other than the devs...

cmon guys, some info would be nice!

This wasn't revealed in a manner meant to overlook folks in the forum. Sometimes we simply cannot let things slip until they go live at a certain time and place.

But, now that the Ant is out of the bag - let the picnic begin!
    (I'm not sure what that analogy even means, but it sounds kinda good.)
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I guess we should expect this event to be a little bit....buggy?