4* TOKEN CHANCE INCREASED WUHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

Comments

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Doesn't look like it. At this point, I think it'll be after one of the Hunt brackets closes.
  • Just grabbed a 42 pack to find out and received 22 star.pngstar.pngstar.png or 'better'.

But how many of those 22 were 'better'?

yellowflag.pngicon_thing.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_elektra.png
    yellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_thor.png
    yellowflag.pngblueflag.pngicon_nickfury.png

Before today the most star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I ever got from a large token pack was 2 and that only happened once.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Just grabbed a 42 pack to find out and received 22 star.pngstar.pngstar.png or 'better'.

Before today the most star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I ever got from a large token pack was 2 and that only happened once.
    ahfoiqejfijqiojfpoijqpgjke
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It did. The problem is one of display. The odds increase + adding the S16 4* covers made it show .3% either way before or after change. IE, the chance of drawing any 4* cover went up 50% compared to S15, but the chance of drawing a specific cover within 4* land went down as there are 3 more covers in the pool.

Before, it was rounding *up* to .3, now it's rounding *down* to .3%.
  • IceIX wrote:
    It did. The problem is one of display. The odds increase + adding the S16 4* covers made it show .3% either way before or after change. IE, the chance of drawing any 4* cover went up 50% compared to S15, but the chance of drawing a specific cover within 4* land went down as there are 3 more covers in the pool.

Before, it was rounding *up* to .3, now it's rounding *down* to .3%.
    FINALLY. I could hug you right now.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I guess this means no more hoarding of heroics. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Just grabbed a 42 pack to find out and received 22 star.pngstar.pngstar.png or 'better'.

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    There are whales who blow $2,000 to "buy" a maxed out star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character. A 42 pack is chump change for these guys. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Opened 250-ish tokens of all kinds:

Professor X Yellow(YESSSSS)
    Luke Cage Black(Completing my Luke Cage)
    Rocket & Groot Green(don't need)
    Human *3 Torch(don't need)
    Quicksilver Green(Ewww don't need)
    Beast Blue(eww and don't need)
    Mystique Black(RIP Magstorm and don't need)
    Rocket & Groot Yellow(YESSSSSS)
    Luke Cage Yellow(didn't need but nice to get luek cages)
    Squirrel Girl Green(yeyyyy)
    Ragnarok Red(WHY DO YOU GIVE ME RAGNAROKS????)
    Storm Black(don't need)
    Human Torch Red(needed)
    Doc Ock Green(don't care but needed)
    Deadpool Purple(YES!)
    Blade Black(don't need but awesome to get blade)
    Ragnarok Blue(ew)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Does this change affect expired tokens as well?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Thanos wrote:
    Yep. Everything except the specifically created Event tokens like Anniversary and the like. Well, and those that had no 4*s in them. Can't multiply the odds of zero.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Yep. Everything except the specifically created Event tokens like Anniversary and the like. Well, and those that had no 4*s in them. Can't multiply the odds of zero.

Since you're here, what are the 4* odds in a Standard token now?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

Since you're here, what are the 4* odds in a Standard token now?

From my personal 3,679 pulls, 0.00%. My guess is it has to be less than .1%, maybe as low as .05% or .01% (unless I'm incredibly unlucky).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    55 covers (10 from a 10-pack), heroic or other various tokens hoarded from middle of last season until today, included:

Purple PX, Black Elektra, Purple Star Lord, Purple KP, Yellow Fury.

Red DP, Red HT, black IF, Green Sentry, Green Thor, Yellow BP x2, Purple doom, Green Doc Oc, Red Gamora, Black Bullseye (needed), Yellow Cage (needed if I go 5/3/5). Edit: selling all the unneeded 3*'s + 2*'s: 14,500 ISO.

That's some haul, and it "feels" much more exciting to open the tokens with odds like that - though that's probably because I ended up a bit high on the good end. Still, very nice to see tokens feel exciting again!

joker-send-a-message.jpg
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    55 covers (10 from a 10-pack), heroic or other various tokens hoarded from middle of last season until today, included:

Purple PX, Black Elektra, Purple Star Lord, Purple KP, Yellow Fury.

Red DP, Red HT, black IF, Green Sentry, Green Thor, Yellow BP x2, Purple doom, Green Doc Oc, Red Gamora, Black Bullseye (needed), Yellow Cage (needed if I go 5/3/5). Edit: selling all the unneeded 3*'s + 2*'s: 14,500 ISO.

That's some haul, and it "feels" much more exciting to open the tokens with odds like that - though that's probably because I ended up a bit high on the good end. Still, very nice to see tokens feel exciting again!

Nice, I ran the same amount and got 0 4*s, in fact I didn't even get a 3* I needed icon_cry.gif
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    You guys got me all worked up to open some tokens, but Thing isn't in heroics yet!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    10-pack expected distribution post is updated.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    now if you'd give 3 and 4 star covers a significant iso value when selling, i'd feel like i'd won something when i draw one i don't need.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, interesting! Someone in another thread said that the total 4* chance was 2.3% not 2.7% (.3 x 9.) So that means that before the actual odds of each 4* was closer to .255 than .3. If they increased that by 150% the total chance is now %3.45, divide that by 10 4*s means each one's chance is .345, so it would round down to .3.

So before it was pretty much the lowest chance that would round up to .3, now it's pretty much the highest chance that rounds down to .3. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Ah, interesting! Someone in another thread said that the total 4* chance was 2.3% not 2.7% (.3 x 9.) So that means that before the actual odds of each 4* was closer to .255 than .3. If they increased that by 150% the total chance is now %3.45, divide that by 10 4*s means each one's chance is .345, so it would round down to .3.

So before it was pretty much the lowest chance that would round up to .3, now it's pretty much the highest chance that rounds down to .3. icon_e_smile.gif

Also, doing some quick math, when they add the Thing to the token packs the chance will go down to .31 so it will still be.... .3!