PvE is just not worth the effort

2»

Comments

• What an odd PvE...

I just backed into T50 with no intention of ending up that high.

Late-started out of sheer boredom thinking I might luck into my first Spidey purpleflag.png ...

Ended up 48th for another 4* trophy.

As I said, odd, considering what others are reporting...

DBC
  • But covers are always worth the effort... icon_cool.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    What an odd PvE...

I just backed into T50 with no intention of ending up that high.

Late-started out of sheer boredom thinking I might luck into my first Spidey purpleflag.png ...

Ended up 48th for another 4* trophy.

As I said, odd, considering what others are reporting...

DBC

An Alliance mate of mine in a different slice scored 1000 points lower than I did overall. I was rank 106. He was rank 6.
  • I underestimated the ferocious efficiency of my fellow players on this one; scraped top 100 with 2.5 runs per day, any higher would basically mean changing my sleep patterns, no thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Next time won't bother, this ones my own fault, winning green thing just not worth the time for me personally - but good on devs for broader award tiers!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, it is not worth the effort.

Our alliance used to run these and T100'd everything, usually T50'd. But the grind, the constant grind - we gave it up several seasons back. Some still run it. I've run a couple to a progression reward I want, but very few I run even for the first token/HP rewards.

The last few 4*'s I've run the last day with great effect, and enjoyed it. If every PVE was 12 hours for a 4* cover I'd play them....that's how I got Thing, Carnage, PX (missed KP though).
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

Our alliance used to run these and T100'd everything, usually T50'd. But the grind, the constant grind - we gave it up several seasons back. Some still run it. I've run a couple to a progression reward I want, but very few I run even for the first token/HP rewards.

The last few 4*'s I've run the last day with great effect, and enjoyed it. If every PVE was 12 hours for a 4* cover I'd play them....that's how I got Thing, Carnage, PX (missed KP though).

I realize this will be considered heresy considering how accustomed some have become to living their lives around a mobile video game, but doesn't this actually seem more reasonable?

I mean, you're still going to have to work your butt off to be competitive, but if PvEs ran (let's just say, hypothetically) day on-day off consecutively, people could pick and choose their reward goals accordingly.

Heck, D3 could even dramatically lower the reward portions and it likely wouldn't matter all that much, aside from allowing people to play really hard in shorter stretches of their choosing?

Like what if they were 1-2 day events, T100 or even T50 is a 3*, T20 maybe two 3*s, T10 is a 4*, T1-2 are two or three 4*s? IDK, just brainstorming something more "game-like..."

Edit: You could even remove the 4*s for the one-day events, tighten up the 3* rewards, and I know I'd play those over the 4* events EVERY TIME right now...

DBC
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

I realize this will be considered heresy considering how accustomed some have become to living their lives around a mobile video game, but doesn't this actually seem more reasonable?

I mean, you're still going to have to work your butt off to be competitive, but if PvEs ran (let's just say, hypothetically) day on-day off consecutively, people could pick and choose their reward goals accordingly.

Heck, D3 could even dramatically lower the reward portions and it likely wouldn't matter all that much, aside from allowing people to play really hard in shorter stretches of their choosing?

Like what if they were 1-2 day events, T100 or even T50 is a 3*, T20 maybe two 3*s, T10 is a 4*, T1-2 are two or three 4*s? IDK, just brainstorming something more "game-like..."

Edit: You could even remove the 4*s for the one-day events, tighten up the 3* rewards, and I know I'd play those over the 4* events EVERY TIME right now...

DBC
    This is why I wanted weekend events...actually have the time to put in work
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Koko81 wrote:
    Im at 31K and currently ranked 7th.

My secret: I join all PVEs but stay at 0 cause the grind is too much. Basically I tank them, and when I get an event where I feel like the rewards seem cool (The Thing for example), then I jump in and try to score good. I haven't set an alarm, I didn't grind down to 0 a single node I even skipped couple of refreshes.

Tanking PVE is alive and well (but if anyone else asks, nop, it doesn't work).
    excellent plan. about to join a non-pve alliance and that sounds like an excellent plan. just do some trivials for some iso or play to progression and stop. wonder what kind of placement that does? been a long time since I was back there.
    question for those that take this approach - how low do you need to finish to get kicked back a level? wouldn't mind farming some iso/tokens but not if it means staying in brackets with Puerto rico and the like. got a token on second sub of venom and at ~500th now and just wondering if I should get another token or just not enter the 3rd sub?