PvP - no longer three attempts to win ? is that right?

Options
2»

Comments

• I think a successful defense while shielded also awards points now. Has anyone else seen that?
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I think a successful defense while shielded also awards points now. Has anyone else seen that?

That's been true for a while, though it seems rarer to attack shielded people now.
  • This was a great change. Too bad they screwed us with it by losing points for loses. As if losing 3 health packs or hours of waiting for them wasn't enough. And the skip tax will make it so you have to fight people you may lose against. One step forward, about 20 back
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    UncleSam wrote:
    I think a successful defense while shielded also awards points now. Has anyone else seen that?

That's been true for a while, though it seems rarer to attack shielded people now.
    That's 'cos shielded opponents don't go into the matchmaking pool any more. Attacks while you're shielded are either retaliations or people who already had you in their queue when the shield went up.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    This was a great change. Too bad they screwed us with it by losing points for loses. As if losing 3 health packs or hours of waiting for them wasn't enough. And the skip tax will make it so you have to fight people you may lose against. One step forward, about 20 back

Couldn't disagree more. If you get to handpick your opponent, apply whatever boosts you care to, and compose your team however you see fit, AND STILL LOSE, then you deserve to have points decucted.

I used to regularly attack people with half my team below 50% towards the ends of pushes knowing that a loss would only reduce my reward on a 2nd attack, and there's a good chance a favorable board or cascade would lead to victory.

I now have to go heal up my troops in a venom mission or use health packs to avoid the possibility of a negative loss.

Major improvement to PVP. Should've been implemented from the get go.
  • It's a great change except when I lose. In that case it's obviously a flaw with the system, because I'm never supposed to lose.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's a great change except when I lose. In that case it's obviously a flaw with the system, because I'm never supposed to lose.
    I actually managed a loss with Team Suicide in Best There Is. That was totally the game's fault, nothing to do with the fact it was gone midnight after I'd been up at 4:30am to grind the last TaT refresh and was a bit slow to notice I'd matched all my own strike tiles away and had 9 green again.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    This was a great change. Too bad they screwed us with it by losing points for loses. As if losing 3 health packs or hours of waiting for them wasn't enough. And the skip tax will make it so you have to fight people you may lose against. One step forward, about 20 back

Couldn't disagree more. If you get to handpick your opponent, apply whatever boosts you care to, and compose your team however you see fit, AND STILL LOSE, then you deserve to have points decucted.

I used to regularly attack people with half my team below 50% towards the ends of pushes knowing that a loss would only reduce my reward on a 2nd attack, and there's a good chance a favorable board or cascade would lead to victory.

I now have to go heal up my troops in a venom mission or use health packs to avoid the possibility of a negative loss.

Major improvement to PVP. Should've been implemented from the get go.
    For you're first point, I agree on things like no holds barred, but many events force you to use a certain guy, so you're not really "hand picking" you're whole team, and boosts are now incredibly overpriced. For you're second point, i understand what youre saying, the way it is now benefits the defender more, so the average person would lose more points on offense but gain more on defense. For you're third point, this would be okay if we had more health packs and they didn't take so long to regenerate, but we don't. And you ignored how the skip tax will just screw this up more.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's a great change except when I lose. In that case it's obviously a flaw with the system, because I'm never supposed to lose.
    I actually managed a loss with Team Suicide in Best There Is. That was totally the game's fault, nothing to do with the fact it was gone midnight after I'd been up at 4:30am to grind the last TaT refresh and was a bit slow to notice I'd matched all my own strike tiles away and had 9 green again.

During the last round of TaT I was like "okay got enough for Berserker Rage, Magneto full health with 10 red, and i'm going to use Berserker Rage to take out The Hood. What can possibly go wrong?"
  • Phantron wrote:
    During the last round of TaT I was like "okay got enough for Berserker Rage, Magneto full health with 10 red, and i'm going to use Berserker Rage to take out The Hood. What can possibly go wrong?"
    Ew. I don't honestly remember what I was doing on the last refresh because I was really racing it and had only just got up. Other than that I spent 100HP on +3all to speed up in the last 10 minutes, which was naughty.

Magneto's probably the most annoying opponent left now they've fixed Daken and Bullseye. Not much point changing it now since it's almost certainly getting its cost increased, but that 2AP red every single turn with his slow animations is teeth-grinding if you're in a hurry.
  • Holy **** I just won 24 points on defence