The Vault

Clamoe100
Clamoe100 Posts: 53
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So can someone please clearly explain the vault? Is there benefit to hoarding taco tokens? Is it worth spending gold on it? Etc. Thank you.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clamoe100 wrote:
    So can someone please clearly explain the vault? Is there benefit to hoarding taco tokens? Is it worth spending gold on it? Etc. Thank you.

300 spots, each time you remove something it is gone for good in that vault.

The vault re-sets every five days, new (random) rewards will update at that time.

I haven't calculated out odds, probably not worth spending HP/gold (likely more cost-effective to buy covers if you can).

Hoarding wasn't confirmed or denied to work (the wording was pretty vague), but usefulness would be limited. Even if all the Tacos stack and there is only one set of them, to get everything out of the vault you would have to hoard 150 days (2x taco per day).
  • Clamoe100
    Clamoe100 Posts: 53
    Thank you!
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I had 13 tacos hoarded and the only ones to show up in the vault were the ones I earned today
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 13 tacos hoarded and the only ones to show up in the vault were the ones I earned today
    They that a week ago, old tacos don't transfer
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new tacos are "Sweet Tacos!" icon_e_wink.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    So if you hoarded for 150 days(5 months) and opened them all you end up with(guaranteed!): 4000hp, 60000 ISO, 210 health packs, 34 3*, 3 4*, and 125 2*. So yeah, it'd be like Christmas every 5 months.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Clamoe100 wrote:

300 spots, each time you remove something it is gone for good in that vault.

The vault re-sets every five days, new (random) rewards will update at that time.

I haven't calculated out odds, probably not worth spending HP/gold (likely more cost-effective to buy covers if you can).

Hoarding wasn't confirmed or denied to work (the wording was pretty vague), but usefulness would be limited. Even if all the Tacos stack and there is only one set of them, to get everything out of the vault you would have to hoard 150 days (2x taco per day).
    with this knowledge, what will the taco token strategy be? I'll be pulling as long as I need the deadpool daily character IMO
  • So if you hoarded for 150 days(5 months) and opened them all you end up with(guaranteed!): 4000hp, 60000 ISO, 210 health packs, 34 3*, 3 4*, and 125 2*. So yeah, it'd be like Christmas every 5 months.

that's assuming that stockpiled tacos will pull from the same vault. if not, then we're only getting a shot at 10 pulls out of 300 items every 5 days. which...doesn't seem all that great to me
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    unco_dan wrote:
    So if you hoarded for 150 days(5 months) and opened them all you end up with(guaranteed!): 4000hp, 60000 ISO, 210 health packs, 34 3*, 3 4*, and 125 2*. So yeah, it'd be like Christmas every 5 months.

that's assuming that stockpiled tacos will pull from the same vault. if not, then we're only getting a shot at 10 pulls out of 300 items every 5 days. which...doesn't seem all that great to me

That's why the poster specifically says that you have to hoard them and open them all at once.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

An answer from the devs on this would be good. As all we are getting at the minute is forum noise.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:

That's why the poster specifically says that you have to hoard them and open them all at once.

you're not understanding me. i'm saying its not confirmed yet whether or not hoarding would work. if the vault resets every 5 days and the old tacos dont carryover to the new reseted vault, then we wont get a situation where we could open 300/300 items. instead, we'd only ever have the chance of pulling 10 items out of 300 every 5 days. i suspect that this would be the case since d3 are the stingiest devs on this planet
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Are there going to be sweet and sour tacos? Is that going to make a difference?

Was the 10 pack always 1800?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Resetting the vault rejumbles it, I see absolutely no point in doing this even if it only cost ISO to do so.

The vault contains 3 randomly selected 4* but (currently) does NOT include anything newer than Professor X (no Kingpin, Carnage, or Thing).

This week's rotation gets 5 covers each (random - this jumble actually has 5 red Human Torches for me) along with 9 randomly selected 3* covers (which can include this week's rotation, I've seen 5 Human Torch covers +2 from the 9 random ones). Iron Fist appears to be the newest character allowed in the random set, I've yet to see SW, QS or Vision.

Because there is a decent chance of getting health packs I intend to hoard tokens and turn them in when I need more kits (far more valuable when I'm at 0 rather than going from 10 to 15).

** For people looking for specific covers on the featured character, the old system had a .66% chance per cover. Each pull represents .33% so if there are 2 of that specific cover color present its the same, any more and its a higher chance. Overall its slightly lower (1.66% vs. 2%) but its partially made up for by the fact that 9 random 3*s are included.

3x 4* = 1%

(HP = 4.33%, average = 307.7)
    1000 HP = .33%
    12x 250 HP = 4%

42x 5 Health Pack = 14%
    *In situations where you would actually buy health packs they are equivalent to 200 HP, resulting in
    *(HP = 18.33% , average = 225.5)

(ISO = 11%, average = 1969.7)
    10,000 ISO = .33%
    2x 5000 ISO = .66%
    30x 1500 ISO = 10%

175x random 2* = 58.33%
    *(Assuming you're selling 2*'s, ISO = 69.33%, average = 522.8)
    **(If you want to lump health kits into the "trash drop" tier, ISO = 83.33%, average = 435)

(3* = 11.33%)
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    9x random 3* = 3%

Assuming you sell every cover you get out of the pack (2/3/4*), each token is worth on average 429 ISO, 13 HP and .7 health packs. That's an extra 858 ISO and 26 HP for doing your DPDQ.

**** For people who don't understand the value of health packs, a PvP match (with the full +30 no skip ISO) is worth an average of about 158 ISO. If you win 2 extra simulator or event matches thanks to the extra packs you made more ISO than if you just received a 2*. Granted you spent an extra 4-10 minutes but you also got some rating in the process.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Resetting the vault rejumbles it, I see absolutely no point in doing this even if it only cost ISO to do so.

The vault contains 3 randomly selected 4* but (currently) does NOT include anything newer than Professor X (no Kingpin, Carnage, or Thing).

This week's rotation gets 5 covers each (random - this jumble actually has 5 red Human Torches for me) along with 9 randomly selected 3* covers (which can include this week's rotation, I've seen 5 Human Torch covers +2 from the 9 random ones). Iron Fist appears to be the newest character allowed in the random set, I've yet to see SW, QS or Vision.

Because there is a decent chance of getting health packs I intend to hoard tokens and turn them in when I need more kits (far more valuable when I'm at 0 rather than going from 10 to 15).

3x 4* = 1%

(HP = 4.33%, average = 307.7)
    1000 HP = .33%
    12x 250 HP = 4%

(ISO = 11%, average = 1969.7)
    10,000 ISO = .33%
    2x 5000 ISO = .66%
    30x 1500 ISO = 10%

42x 5 Health Pack = 14%

(3* = 11.33%)
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    5x featured 3* = 1.66%
    9x random 3* = 3%

175x random 2* = 58.33%
    Good point about health packs. Time to hoard taco tokens! Nice analysis.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    When people say it resets every 5 days I'm assuming it will just be the features 3* characters that reset as opposed to the whole vault? Seems pointless if everything was to reset
  • No, the entire thing resets. The idea is to try to talk people into buying 4 or 5 40 packs to get what they want, before the week rolls over. There will be people sending the 400-500 dollars a week to get what they see in there. Bad for us normal people. Great for d3 and rich peeps
  • Can I just point out that no one knows anything, but there seems to be a lot of definite opinions floating about.
  • MarCr wrote:
    Can I just point out that no one knows anything, but there seems to be a lot of definite opinions floating about.
    Does anyone REALLY know anything?
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    We KNOW there are 300 items, we KNOW you can only earn 10 tokens a week, we KNOW there is a five day counter on The Vault. We need to wait and see what happens when The Vault resets and if we hoard tokens. Until then, I wouldn't spend ANY gold!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's still a bit early to tell, but at first look it appears that the vault will either be

(1) about the same for most players, or

(2) a little bit worse for most players.

My general reasoning is as follows:

When I say "most people" I mean that portion of the playerbase that is serious enough to care about daily rewards and roster building, but doesn't spend large amounts of money with great frequency. So everything from f2p players to those who drop $5-20 on the game periodically to buy roster slots or specific covers. I consider this to be numerical majority of the playerbase, though they probably don't represent a majority of the games revenue.

In the old daily quest system, most players just hoarded tokens until the characters they wanted were in the pool, and then dropped 30+ tokens at once, hoping for an elusive Iron Fist or Khan cover. If vault tokens carry over, things will basically be the same for those players. They will just stockpile tokens until they see a good vault reward set, and then open tokens until they get the 3* or 4* covers they want. The net result seems very similar.

On the other hand, if vault tokens don't carry over, then players who don't buy vault token packs will get 10 draws from each vault, meaning a minimum chance at any of the desirable rewards. That would meant that the vault is basically the same as a regular heroic token unless you spend HP on packs, which seems like the less likely outcome. I would guess that the vault tokens carry over to each new vault.

And it may also be true that the vault is beneficial for that tiny portion of the playerbase that spends hundreds of dollars each month on this game (as they can now wait for a vault with rewards they want, and then buy packs until they get those specific rewards. Not sure of the math yet, but knowing the available universe of rewards should allow people to quit while they are ahead when they get lucky pulls, and thereby save money from time to time).

I remain dubious that this new system will significantly increase the rate of 4* acquisition, but we will have to wait and collect some retail data (and see what tweaks demiurge decides to make) because we can be sure.