First crack at the vault on mobile:

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
tapped the wolverine icon, got a icon_wolverine.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.png

I don't know if that's coincidence or if you can influence what you get via reflexes, but if the latter, that's potentially amazing.

Comments

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Got 5 Health Packs and the obligatory redflag.pngicon_moonstone.png
    Still think there are too many 2 star.png s in the 300, considering you have 10 pulls for the DD cycle.
  • DFiPL
    Reflexes do seem to matter, at least somewhat. I clicked on Hawkeye on PC and it stopped the cycling and let it go one, two, three over to 1500 ISO-8 the way a slot machine might do.

I'm laying in bed on my laptop, and I think my gut must have clicked laptop button on 2nd one, because it stopped almost immediately and gave me a Thor (2).

Don't know if the reflexes are more viable on phone or what, but that's an interesting datum.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    I'm on Steam.

Is this some kind of spin the wheel type thing where you click on it and it slows down after a couple more rotations?

I got 2 2*'s.

At the end of the week / time the vault is open, if you had 7K HP for a 40 Pack, it could be worth it. Maybe. I am sure someone will do some numbers.

I can hardly imagine why you would spend 1K HP to reset it. The odds are still against you, just all over again.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Naturally, my first draw was red Moonstone, with a black Human Torch3* second.
  • yogi_
    Will need more samples to see if you get what you click or a few after but a hint might be to click on something you don't want because (if it keeps rotating) the odds of you getting something you want will increase slightly.
  • DFiPL
    yogi_ wrote:
    I'm on Steam.

Is this some kind of spin the wheel type thing where you click on it and it slows down after a couple more rotations?

I got 2 2*'s.

At the end of the week / time the vault is open, if you had 7K HP for a 40 Pack, it could be worth it. Maybe. I am sure someone will do some numbers.

I can hardly imagine why you would spend 1K HP to reset it. The odds are still against you, just all over again.

That's what it seems to be. The timing may be different on PC than on mobile. On PC it did seem to slow down and not stop directly on what I tapped. On mobile I tapped wolvie, and GOT wolvie. on PC, as you note, it slowed down for a tick or two after the click.

I do think I'm done redeeming on laptop, though. I'd rather not have my stomach click me into a 2* again if doing it on desktop might give me a better shot at a 3/4.
  • yogi_
    DFiPL wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    I'm on Steam.

I got 2 2*'s.

That's what it seems to be. The timing may be different on PC than on mobile. On PC it did seem to slow down and not stop directly on what I tapped. On mobile I tapped wolvie, and GOT wolvie. on PC, as you note, it slowed down for a tick or two after the click.

I do think I'm done redeeming on laptop, though. I'd rather not have my stomach click me into a 2* again if doing it on desktop might give me a better shot at a 3/4.

(I was slightly mystified as to why I clicked the token and then had to reclick again, rather than clicking the token and the vault just opened to a prize).

IF this is right and IF you are able to pick your immediate selection on mobile and it's more a wheel type thing on PC, get ready for the threads of hate.

You heard it hear first.

(I play PC but damn, if I was playing on mobile, I'd be targetting and having a massively increased chance of getting what I want. Now to start thread of hate...)

If this turns out to not be the case, please ignore this post.
  • DFiPL
    yogi_ wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    I'm on Steam.

I got 2 2*'s.

(I was slightly mystified as to why I click the token and then had to reclick again, rather than clicking the token and the vault just opened to a prize).

IF this is right and IF you are able to pick your immediate selection on mobile and it's more a wheel type thing on PC, get ready for the threads of hate.

You heard it hear first.

(I play PC but damn, if I was playing on mobile, I'd be targetting and having a massively increased chance of getting what I want. Now to start thread of hate...)

I don't have Sentry on mobile, so I was only able to pull one token. That limited my testing opportunities today.

The other thing is, with a tactile environment like phone or tablet, I've noticed that sometimes it'll register a touch before I physically touch the screen. so while I tapped the Wolverine symbol, it's possible that it registered a connection a couple icons before and I was tapping the post-wheel clickover, if that makes sense?
  • yogi_
    DFiPL wrote:
    I don't have Sentry on mobile, so I was only able to pull one token. That limited my testing opportunities today.

The other thing is, with a tactile environment like phone or tablet, I've noticed that sometimes it'll register a touch before I physically touch the screen. so while I tapped the Wolverine symbol, it's possible that it registered a connection a couple icons before and I was tapping the post-wheel clickover, if that makes sense?

Good point... Will be interesting to hear of other experiences.

And no, I will not be starting thread of hate; perhaps a thread of mild discontent. I am sure someone else would get to it before me though...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:

You heard it hear first.

I am on mobile and tapped on a Sentry icon and it continued to rotate round to 5 health packs. Second attempt I tapped a Bullseye and it continued around to 5 health packs. Coupled with my 5 health packs for daily log in seems I am set for health packs for a while.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach got 5 health packs and 250 HP, Wolveroach got Moonstone black (gag) and 2* Miss Marple black.

So, this is the sweet vault, probably alternating every 5 days with the sour vault, and I'll be interested to see if the contents refresh when it comes back.
  • DFiPL
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Moon Roach got 5 health packs and 250 HP, Wolveroach got Moonstone black (gag) and 2* Miss Marple black.

So, this is the sweet vault, probably alternating every 5 days with the sour vault, and I'll be interested to see if the contents refresh when it comes back.

I would guess at minimum the featured star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers will refresh. The non-featured covers could be static, but if they're going to refresh part of the vault I'd guess the whole thing will refresh.

I'm enjoying it so far. Hell, I even spent 200 HP to pull another item so I could test what was going on with clicks. I got a second 2* Thor, so I'm not saying it was the brightest purchase I've ever made, but I don't resent it the way I would have with a regular taco, because there was an aspect of experimentation here.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a moonstone (zippity **** doo da) and a Dr doom, who I've got fully covered already. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • yogi_
    Ok, so... unless we have someone who suggests otherwise, it does appear to be a wheel type system for everyone.

Which is good.

The trick would then be to click on something you DO NOT want, which will give you a SLIGHTLY better chance of it rotating to something you do.
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    I took three shots at it. Only time it didn't seem like a wheel was when I clicked the ISO icon. It immediately opened the 1500 ISO. Other two pulls of tiny torch and lazy Thor it's clicked a few times and then stopped.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    The trick would then be to click on something you DO NOT want, which will give you a SLIGHTLY better chance of it rotating to something you do.
    And on no circumstance should you try to memorize the order and abuse that: the 'wheel' appears to jump randomly and not in the listed vault order, so there is absolutely no guarantee of 'what comes next'. The wheel also seems to slow down over the course of a randomized amount of added steps, each switching randomly to a different item.

Actually, you probably don't even get that minor shot at selecting something you definitely do NOT want as yogi_ wrote. The wheel could just as well switch from x to y and back to x again, ending you back on the item on which you clicked in the hopes of passing it by...

I'd say the whole 'click to open' thing is a cleverly engineered bit of suspense-raising that in reality has 0% actual effect on increasing the odds of pulling what you actually want to pull from the Vault. I would not at all be surprised if the actual item on which you land is predetermined by a single dice roll and the whole thing is just a fancy bit of make-belief animation gift-wrapped around that predetermined pick.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    _RiO_ wrote:
    I'd say the whole 'click to open' thing is a cleverly engineered bit of suspense-raising that in reality has 0% actual effect on increasing the odds of pulling what you actually want to pull from the Vault. I would not at all be surprised if the actual item on which you land is predetermined by a single dice roll and the whole thing is just a fancy bit of make-belief animation gift-wrapped around that predetermined pick.

Agreed. There's probably an algorithm that already predetermined your pull, regardless of on-screen animation. But since MPQ is supposedly a form of entertainment. . . icon_cool.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    _RiO_ wrote:
    I'd say the whole 'click to open' thing is a cleverly engineered bit of suspense-raising that in reality has 0% actual effect on increasing the odds of pulling what you actually want to pull from the Vault.

Hopefully we get a Dev confirmation of this, or else we are going to get wild speculation/"how to beat the system" threads for the next six months.

Also hopefully they didn't throw a gambling element on top of the gamble that is tokens, yikes.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Hopefully we get a Dev confirmation of this
    I don't think it'll help. They've "confirmed" that tile drops are random, and most people don't believe it.
  • I taped on Thor icon, and it still rotated to a gold icon, and rotated again to Healing Pack, i dont thing the rotation matters its random.