The Vault: What is it?

I've searched through the forums trying to find a specific definition for it, and I'm not finding anything.

I've gathered it's replacing taco tokens and maybe other things, and there's 300 something or other in it that resets every 5 days. Other than that, I have no idea what it is.

If the info exists, could somebody post it or a link to where? I'm coming up blank... icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check out the monthly video, they preview it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'll find out on Sunday icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also check out the video: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=30889

In the mean time, use your tacos because they are expiring once the Vault arrives.
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    I've gathered it's replacing taco tokens and maybe other things, and there's 300 something or other in it that resets every 5 days. Other than that, I have no idea what it is.

Not much else to say really. U earn tokens and redeem them in the vault. Pretty cut and dry.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

In the mean time, use your tacos because they are expiring once the Vault arrives.
    what do you mean by expiring? be worth nothing? if I leave them they won't at a minimum still pull the characters they are now?
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    TxMoose wrote:

what do you mean by expiring? be worth nothing? if I leave them they won't at a minimum still pull the characters they are now?

He means they wont be able to be used in the vault. U can still use them as taco tokens. They wont vanish.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    TxMoose wrote:

They'll become "Expired Tokens". Meaning they'll act exactly how the other Expired Tokens that you get from Events but don't spend act. You'll still have them and can use them though.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    IceIX wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

They'll become "Expired Tokens". Meaning they'll act exactly how the other Expired Tokens that you get from Events but don't spend act. You'll still have them and can use them though.

Any chance both can have the ? to show odds for whats in the mix for pulls?

(thank you for all the answers today!)
  • IceIX wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

What will their draw rates be as expired tokens? Standard heroic, last week of Deadpool, current week of Deadpool. Some of us were saving these for the week when we needed at least 3 of the 15 available covers and would like to have the best chance to draw something useful. Thanks.
  • IceIX
    MarvelMan wrote:

We don't have the ? portion for expired tokens because that's all downloaded and done locally, which gets flushed regularly to keep storage size down. It doesn't seem like much, but we've got over 200 token types in-game right now and growing, so that all adds up.
  • IceIX
    papa07 wrote:
    What will their draw rates be as expired tokens? Standard heroic, last week of Deadpool, current week of Deadpool. Some of us were saving these for the week when we needed at least 3 of the 15 available covers and would like to have the best chance to draw something useful. Thanks.
    They'll be whatever the last applicable rotation of that Event was unless they get updated for some reason, which is unlikely. So whatever the A rotation tokens are right now will stay that way and B will stay B.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    IceIX wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

We don't have the ? portion for expired tokens because that's all downloaded and done locally, which gets flushed regularly to keep storage size down. It doesn't seem like much, but we've got over 200 token types in-game right now and growing, so that all adds up.

Would it be possible to post (here?) what rotation each was on?
  • IceIX
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Would it be possible to post (here?) what rotation each was on?
    A (Older) - Daken, Doctor Doom, Hulk, Mystique, Squirrel Girl
    B (Current) - Beast, Bullseye, Captain America, Falcon, Psylocke
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    They'll be whatever the last applicable rotation of that Event was unless they get updated for some reason, which is unlikely. So whatever the A rotation tokens are right now will stay that way and B will stay B.
    would be totally sweet if they updated once. I know, totally selfish reasons, but I was saving for the next 2 cycles - go figure. thanks for the answers ice - much appreciated. "for some reason"; "unlikely"....so your telling me there's a chance... icon_e_wink.gif
  • I was waiting for the Ironfist cycle and the new characters (Quicksilver, Vision & SW) cycle. By Sunday that'll be 40 tokens. I've got an alliance mate who's already over 200 tacos now. He's not gonna be happy. Expired tacos do not convert to Heroic Tokens right?
  • So, since I'm sitting at work unable to watch or listen to the video, could somebody translate via writing? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    The vault is a system where the cover that you want increases in odds from 1/300 (0.33%) to 1/290 (0.34%) over the course of a week, if you use your 2 daily tokens every day.

Yay. icon_neutral.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    would be totally sweet if they updated once. I know, totally selfish reasons, but I was saving for the next 2 cycles - go figure. thanks for the answers ice - much appreciated. "for some reason"; "unlikely"....so your telling me there's a chance... icon_e_wink.gif

It would be VERY nice if they updated at least once. Anyone saving expected that, at least for the stockpiled ones.

I saved my stockpile to open next Monday....just in case.
  • So the Vault is only in relation to DDQ tokens. It has no spillover to standard and/or heroic tokens?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    So the Vault is only in relation to DDQ tokens. It has no spillover to standard and/or heroic tokens?

I have also started wondering about this - are we only getting "Vault Tokens" in DDQ at the rate of two a day?

Because that means you have to wait 150 days (if they stack and can be hoarded) before you have the guaranteed chances of 4* in the vault.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    What they should of done was take all old tokens and moved them to a retirement slot.. ALL tokens are now vault and the vault only reset either every month or you reset it for say 500 HP. so you would have 22 days to get everything out of the vault.