Why loaners covers for PVP but not PVE

2»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    i asked few weeks back how many would support a XXX hp for a loaner for PVE and many said NO I worked my butt off for the covers and there should not be loaners in PVE. Same could be said for PVP.

So what you are saying is, new players should not be able to play PvP. They can start playing it from time to time once they collect a few covers, but can't play it on a regular basis. Only once they have amassed a large 3* roster can they play PvP consistently enough to do ok for a season.

Of course getting that roster built up is going to cost them either a ton of time or money. Since they can't play PvP at all, they can only earn HP through PvE. Those roster slots don't come free you know.

So I have but one question. What did new players do to you to make you hate them so much?

something they could is give a Dead loaner to all this way you can still play the nod but would be at a 2 vs 3 problem. this would allow everyone to still have a chance to play PVP and PVE.. You know it could work cause in some nods you see only 2 on the other side of the board.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    something they could is give a Dead loaner to all

It's supposed to motivate players to purchase tokens if they like how it plays. How are they going to try out those abilities if that guy is downed?

Why would they change the game to allow you to take a dead character into a match?
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    slidecage wrote:
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    i asked few weeks back how many would support a XXX hp for a loaner for PVE and many said NO I worked my butt off for the covers and there should not be loaners in PVE. Same could be said for PVP.

So what you are saying is, new players should not be able to play PvP. They can start playing it from time to time once they collect a few covers, but can't play it on a regular basis. Only once they have amassed a large 3* roster can they play PvP consistently enough to do ok for a season.

Of course getting that roster built up is going to cost them either a ton of time or money. Since they can't play PvP at all, they can only earn HP through PvE. Those roster slots don't come free you know.

So I have but one question. What did new players do to you to make you hate them so much?

something they could is give a Dead loaner to all this way you can still play the nod but would be at a 2 vs 3 problem. this would allow everyone to still have a chance to play PVP and PVE.. You know it could work cause in some nods you see only 2 on the other side of the board.

So handicap new players so it's even harder for them? That's some serious motivation for them to hit the uninstall button.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:

That won't go well.

weekend_at_cyclops_zpsazapyev9.jpg
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

That won't go well.

weekend_at_cyclops_zpsazapyev9.jpg
    Weekend at Scottie,s
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    This topic kind hits on one of the main problems of this game newbies play against mid tier and high tier players for most of the game for the same type of rewards, where the difficulty can exceed your capabilities quite easily, and it is hard to find a place where you can consistently fight in your range for rewards that will help you progress more then selling the useless rewards.