Remove the View Roster button immediately

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I do not think that the View Roster button is helping the game at all.

In most F2P games, something like this would be very helpful to the developers, as it makes people realize what other, better scoring players have, and make them covet what they are missing. Oh, So if I want to win lighting rounds, I need Doom and Spiderman at ungodly levels. Time to buy some covers! However, this is not what is going on.

Whether this is because of cheating, or a byzantine rewards and points system, instead of having people see how other people with better teams are getting better results, what we see is players with worse teams, or completely impossible lineups, ahead of what on paper are better teams. This does not make people want to play - and pay, more, but it gets them angry and frustrated. It's no good for business.

So I'd disable viewing other people's rosters until it provides the intended effects, instead of making your average forum poster froth in the mouth. How do you explain someone with a level 85 Thor that there's someone in the Thor tournament with a level 25 thor and 600 points ahead of him, and who he can't fight against? It's just bad user experience.

Comments

• hibikir wrote:
    I do not think that the View Roster button is helping the game at all.

In most F2P games, something like this would be very helpful to the developers, as it makes people realize what other, better scoring players have, and make them covet what they are missing. Oh, So if I want to win lighting rounds, I need Doom and Spiderman at ungodly levels. Time to buy some covers! However, this is not what is going on.

Whether this is because of cheating, or a byzantine rewards and points system, instead of having people see how other people with better teams are getting better results, what we see is players with worse teams, or completely impossible lineups, ahead of what on paper are better teams. This does not make people want to play - and pay, more, but it gets them angry and frustrated. It's no good for business.

So I'd disable viewing other people's rosters until it provides the intended effects, instead of making your average forum poster froth in the mouth. How do you explain someone with a level 85 Thor that there's someone in the Thor tournament with a level 25 thor and 600 points ahead of him, and who he can't fight against? It's just bad user experience.

I agree. in my bracket, the guy in 1st place in heroic mode has 3000 more points than anyone, despite having just THREE CHARACTERS, the highest been a level 38 storm. Doesnt sound right.
  • Keep the problems intact, just don't let us see them?

No, viewing the roster is great. They just need to fix all the issues allowing those weak rosters to place at the top.
  • You bring up a very valid point. I wonder if we'd be as upset as we are if we didn't know people with vastly lower level rosters were taking some top spots.
  • Sure, sweeping the dirt under the rag helps alot.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Sure, sweeping the dirt under the rag helps alot.
    Why are we sweeping anywhere near ragnarok (I'm so sorry but I had to)
  • I agree but allow players to click on the name in the tourney to see what cards they are using. Not just when you are facing them.
  • manifest78
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    Sure, sweeping the dirt under the rag helps alot.
    Why are we sweeping anywhere near ragnarok (I'm so sorry but I had to)
    This literally made me laugh out loud!
  • hibikir wrote:

Yeah listen to this guy. The best way to protect the user experience is to hide how utterly broken your system is, rather not implementing stupid, broken systems.
  • With a few exceptions, I will always vote for more transparency vs. less. I like being able to view the rosters; it's also helpful for planning end of tourney strategy. Being able to see the rosters gives you a sense of how fast they can push in the final stretch, even if they are matched up against weaker teams in their MMR.
  • viewing the rosters also lets them activate the whole community to raise fishy looking accounts for investigation. It's another step in the arms race vs cheaters. are there better ways to stop cheaters, likely, but it doesnt hurt to have more eyes on the problem.

plus I like seeing what top placements in the pvp tourney are running, gives me a gauge where my bracket is at
  • Yeah keep that view teams in there so we can see how these cheaters are gaming the system. In reality, I don't care if they cheat against me as that means I'll have an easy time getting my points back from them when i have to fight a level 6 thor or something like that. I can just wait until the very end and just grab my points back from all cheaters and get first place. Let them cheat. The way the system is supposed to work, I will still win in pvp events. If it's a pve event, who cares. They are fighting against the AI which does not affect me in the slightest. Yes they get points easier and faster but if the game is fair, I will be able to do the same at a slower rate.

Cheating doesn't affect the players in this game.
  • Rosters should only be viewable when you're certain to win #1, because otherwise we know if the guy ahead of you has a better roster he either paid for those or has no life. If he has comparable or worse roster then he's obviously a cheater or the system is broken.
  • Players need to be grouped into their own lv brackets, ppl fighting high lv cover ppl should be getting more & better rewards and as you do better in lower brackets you get rewards that allow you to move up.

Average team level.

lv 1-30 bracket. Top players get 2 & 1 star covers.
    lv 31-50 bracket. Top players get 2 star covers.
    lv 51-85 bracket. Top players get 3 stars & 2 star covers.
    lv 86-100 bracket. Top players get 3 stars. & 2 stars
    lv 100-120 Bracket Top players get 4 stars & 3 stars
    lv 120+ Top Players get 4 stars.
  • Mog999 wrote:
    Players need to be grouped into their own lv brackets, ppl fighting high lv cover ppl should be getting more & better rewards and as you do better in lower brackets you get rewards that allow you to move up.

Average team level.

That doesn't seem fair.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Mog999 wrote:
    Players need to be grouped into their own lv brackets, ppl fighting high lv cover ppl should be getting more & better rewards and as you do better in lower brackets you get rewards that allow you to move up.

Average team level.

That doesn't seem fair.

The guy leading my Thor tourney bracket has a level 69 as his highest character. The rest are all 50 and below. Does that seem fair?

Mog's suggested brackets might not be spot on, but as a first draft it seems like a better set up then we've got right now.

Edit: On closer inspection, there's actually only one level 85 character in the entire top 10 for my bracket. The more covers you get, the more ISO you pump in to your characters, the more work you put in to the game, the harder it gets. Never seen anything like it.
  • Sure it does because if you play long enough you'll hit the top brackets too
  • Different brackets may work if you let the player enter at their own option not force them into one. If noobs want to go for 3* covers they should be given a choice and same with 100+ who want to complete that 2* cover. Right now the system already puts you into different brackets, you just cant do anything about since we are going for the same top spot. I might be ok if the Mmr took into acct your actual bracket and included those in your bracket too so you can attack each other so that it can level the playing field since I have to slog thru 100+ lvl teams vs the others who have lvl 50 teams.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Mog999 wrote:

Average team level.

That doesn't seem fair.

The guy leading my Thor tourney bracket has a level 69 as his highest character. The rest are all 50 and below. Does that seem fair?

Mog's suggested brackets might not be spot on, but as a first draft it seems like a better set up then we've got right now.

Edit: On closer inspection, there's actually only one level 85 character in the entire top 10 for my bracket. The more covers you get, the more ISO you pump in to your characters, the more work you put in to the game, the harder it gets. Never seen anything like it.

its all part of their plan and its working quite well...Everyone can't pull away from the pack since you can't hit shielded people and you are forced into tough matches every match. That forces you to use HP on shields as that is the only way now for you to secure a top 5 or 10 spot. It's brilliant for them bc you have to spend HP and a net loss and it is truly getting play2win as many have complained and I can't disagree.
  • its all part of their plan and its working quite well...Everyone can't pull away from the pack since you can't hit shielded people and you are forced into tough matches every match. That forces you to use HP on shields as that is the only way now for you to secure a top 5 or 10 spot. It's brilliant for them bc you have to spend HP and a net loss and it is truly getting play2win as many have complained and I can't disagree.

play2win icon_e_biggrin.gif cuz you can't win if you don't play
  • Strangest request ever. "That one little thing you've done right on the transparency front is making me feel cheated! Please remove it so that I can continue being cheated, but pretend I don't know about it.". If that's actually what you want, don't look?

Still, if it'd reduce the number of everyone who isn't me is cheating and/or getting an easy ride threads, I'd almost be for it, too.