Devs, please confirm that the round 8 fix is still active?

2»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Thanks for the reply here (and in the other thread) it's very much appreciated. So, to be clear, players can still fight Ultron and earn points against him even after his health is depleted in Round 8? Or do people just get points from the refreshed essentials?
    Both. It's just that the depleted health at that point doesn't add to any unlocking (just your score). It's like like when we used to have "Mayhem Points" in Prodigal Sun. You could still earn points afterwards, they just didn't apply to any Event progress.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanks for the reply here (and in the other thread) it's very much appreciated. So, to be clear, players can still fight Ultron and earn points against him even after his health is depleted in Round 8? Or do people just get points from the refreshed essentials?
    Both. It's just that the depleted health at that point doesn't add to any unlocking (just your score). It's like like when we used to have "Mayhem Points" in Prodigal Sun. You could still earn points afterwards, they just didn't apply to any Event progress.

Thank you. I'll tell the alliance to play away. No need to throttle back.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bump, because about now, people need to know this so they aren't fighting about who went way over 800K.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Does anyone know if we're getting an Avengers vs. Ultron Part 2 after this current one ends?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    d0nk3y wrote:
    Does anyone know if we're getting an Avengers vs. Ultron Part 2 after this current one ends?

Also curious about this. I only have received "Ultron Reward Packs", but I see "Avengers vs. Ultron" tokens (empty for me) in my queue.

It's a shame that the Thing release was put into the PVE instead of perhaps 2nd Ultron run. Hopefully the 2nd Ultron run (if coming) won't be doing something silly like a simultaneous release, or more 4* (even Thing) covers.
  • Ultron appears to stay open after Round 8 is complete, from what I'm seeing.

Assuming that's not just a glitch, it everyone should be okay for hitting individual progression, as long as they can handle Ultron.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:

Also curious about this. I only have received "Ultron Reward Packs", but I see "Avengers vs. Ultron" tokens (empty for me) in my queue.

It's a shame that the Thing release was put into the PVE instead of perhaps 2nd Ultron run. Hopefully the 2nd Ultron run (if coming) won't be doing something silly like a simultaneous release, or more 4* (even Thing) covers.
    They ran a concurrent PVE with IMHB near the end of Ultron run 2 last time, so having a PVE rewarding 4* Thing doesn't discount the possibility that a second run could still be coming rewarding the same 4* Thing.

I would love confirmation too.

EDIT: Ice-X confirmed it is a single run as any other PVE event. Thank you Ice-X!
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    JVReal wrote:
    EDIT: Ice-X confirmed it is a single run as any other PVE event. Thank you Ice-X!

Can you point me in the direction of this confirmation? My searchy-searchy skills appear to be revealing nothing.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    d0nk3y wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Can you point me in the direction of this confirmation? My searchy-searchy skills appear to be revealing nothing.
    From the Ultron Issue fix thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30909#p376287

... And my evil twin gets credited for the info *again*!