Devs, please confirm that the round 8 fix is still active?

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After the first Avengers vs. Ultron event players complained that the Round 8 sub closed for all participants after Ultron was killed, preventing people who didn't grind the earlier rounds from getting all progression rewards since there's nowhere else to earn points. The devs said that for the second run, Round 8 would stay open until time ran out on the event -- but of course nobody got to test that because the score target for the second run was so insanely high. So I'm hoping they'll confirm here -- is that fix in place for this run of the event? Can we kill the big guy without screwing over our teammates?

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    OP - Another GREAT question that one would think would have been in an official announcement before the Ultron event went live. Thank you.

It would also be helpful to know if Ultron is going to be run twice back-to-back as it was last time or if this is simply a one-off event (perhaps timed so as to be off season).

I could probably write 10 more questions it would be helpful to know...but it doesn't appear the devs are really putting any effort into responding.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OP - Another GREAT question that one would think would have been in an official announcement before the Ultron event went live. Thank you.

It would also be helpful to know if Ultron is going to be run twice back-to-back as it was last time or if this is simply a one-off event (perhaps timed so as to be off season).

I could probably write 10 more questions it would be helpful to know...but it doesn't appear the devs are really putting any effort into responding.

2nd part we know, yes.. a 4* release for 2nd run.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Malcrof wrote:

Well...sorta - from the spoiler page. And it may well be a small prize indeed.
    But even without saying anything about who the 4* release may be it would be nice if they told us it was going to be run back to back - as some kind of actual announcement.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

But even without saying anything about who the 4* release may be it would be nice if they told us it was going to be run back to back - as some kind of actual announcement.

actually, i wouldn't bet on it being "small".

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30843

Dev just posted.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Dev just posted.

I'm headed to Yancy Street now!
  • After the first Avengers vs. Ultron event players complained that the Round 8 sub closed for all participants after Ultron was killed, preventing people who didn't grind the earlier rounds from getting all progression rewards since there's nowhere else to earn points. The devs said that for the second run, Round 8 would stay open until time ran out on the event -- but of course nobody got to test that because the score target for the second run was so insanely high. So I'm hoping they'll confirm here -- is that fix in place for this run of the event? Can we kill the big guy without screwing over our teammates?
    who says they fixed round 8? all i got from that conversation is we should've "tried harder" and their numbers were on point
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone have the Health values for this run of Ultron to compare to the first run from last time? It could give us an indicator of whether or not we will run into the same point problem as last time... seeing as they haven't fixed the bugs in the sentry characters... flyer still healing too soon.
  • First run had about 17.7 million in available points, which is 885,000 per member. Final progression has been lowered from 1,000,000 to 800,000.

My guess is the game will lock again when Ultron 8 is defeated, but now it is possible for all 20 members to get all progressions.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    Anyone have the Health values for this run of Ultron to compare to the first run from last time? It could give us an indicator of whether or not we will run into the same point problem as last time... seeing as they haven't fixed the bugs in the sentry characters... flyer still healing too soon.

I posted about this in the Event thead. So far, it's a 20% reduction.
  • Thanks papa. Glad someone can be helpful with required info...
  • JVReal wrote:
    icon_twisted.gif
  • papa07 wrote:
    First run had about 17.7 million in available points, which is 885,000 per member. Final progression has been lowered from 1,000,000 to 800,000.

My guess is the game will lock again when Ultron 8 is defeated, but now it is possible for all 20 members to get all progressions.
    JVReal wrote:

I posted about this in the Event thead. So far, it's a 20% reduction.

There's still a problem; from what I've seen, BOTH papa07 and DrStrange-616 are correct: the final progression has been lowered from 1M points to 800K, BUT Ultron's health has ALSO been lowered by about 20% each round. In other words, the numbers are different but the problem remains--not everyone in a 20-man alliance can get all of the progression rewards, unless the end has been "uncapped" as was previously suggested. If you're in an alliance that's pushing very hard, please let us know ASAP if the final round is uncapped.

(Also, Tetris Ultron's bombs got a big damage boost; tanking the odd bomb on a high-health or regen hero won't work in Round 8, maybe Round 7 as well.)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Dev just posted.

lol dev just posted and says UNKNOWN. if a Dev has no clue what hes making we are all DOOMED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

icon_e_smile.gif

heard its THE THING ... but 2 4 stars back to back just think of the outrage
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    lol dev just posted and says UNKNOWN. if a Dev has no clue what hes making we are all DOOMED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

icon_e_smile.gif

heard its THE THING ... but 2 4 stars back to back just think of the outrage

Outrage is a strong word (at least from me,) but I do think it's pretty stupid and pointless. Hard enough to max cover the 4*s we have, they're going to add them more often?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Ok. I'm finally done getting caught up. I have not figured out which troll started speculation of a second Ultron run for a 4*. I have literally looked everywhere. There is no indication there will be a second Ultron run. This is not Age of Ultimate premier week after all.

While I see a 4* is coming, the short heroic pve seems to indicate it's just as likely it will be in a pve and not another Ultron event.

Lastly, I'm sure an alliance will be round 8 today. Hopefully, they'll let everyone else know what happens.
  • Ok. I'm finally done getting caught up. I have not figured out which troll started speculation of a second Ultron run for a 4*. I have literally looked everywhere. There is no indication there will be a second Ultron run. This is not Age of Ultimate premier week after all.

While I see a 4* is coming, the short heroic pve seems to indicate it's just as likely it will be in a pve and not another Ultron event.

Lastly, I'm sure an alliance will be round 8 today. Hopefully, they'll let everyone else know what happens.
    we speculate because we don't have any info. we can only assume history repeats itself and as the psychic turul
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Cleared round 8 and the nodes are still up, unlocked when the refresh timer rolled around. It appears as though about 8 or so people can hit 800k before completing round 8, the rest need to keep playing.
  • CaptainFreaky
    dkffiv wrote:
    We've cleared round 8 and the main nodes are still up, but mine are still all locked because the refresh hasn't occurred. Appears to be "fixed" though as there were only enough points for about 8 people to hit max progression before finishing (without that much over 800k)

Thanks. I'm not sure if my alliance - The Feral Ones - will finish round 8 (we're on round 7 now), but it's good to know they appear to have fixed that part of Ultron at least.

This is why, even if the Devs ignore us, that this forum is awesome because of the good people who care about this game and this community.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Sigh, just saw this thread. Sorry about the lack of answer here, and it looks like you've all helped one another. But yes, Ultron will stay up and "dead", with his Essentials refreshing as per normal in the final round.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Sigh, just saw this thread. Sorry about the lack of answer here, and it looks like you've all helped one another. But yes, Ultron will stay up and "dead", with his Essentials refreshing as per normal in the final round.

Thanks for the reply here (and in the other thread) it's very much appreciated. So, to be clear, players can still fight Ultron and earn points against him even after his health is depleted in Round 8? Or do people just get points from the refreshed essentials?