Where is the information?

As I'm standing by waiting for Ultron to crash in a few minutes, I'm wondering where the information about this event is?

This is a big event based on its initial running but here we sit with no idea about awards for alliance progress or individual progression awards. How long is the event? Is Ultron going to have an impossibly high health bar at the end of the event where only one or 2 alliances can finish? How many rounds are there?

Looking at the news and announcement pages, there hasn't been anything posted for 10 days. Does anyone else find this unacceptable?

I don't need all the details but some would be nice....

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, nearly everyone believes it is unacceptable , but here we are accepting it. icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Honu141
    Honu141 Posts: 84
    I guess they were hiding the details because the rewards are so not worth the grind.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    At least with bad rewards they probably won't experience server crashes and down time? icon_e_smile.gif
  • udonomefoo
    moogles85 wrote:
    At least with bad rewards they probably won't experience server crashes and down time? icon_e_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif
  • moogles85 wrote:

And yet the server is currently down...
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    moogles85 wrote:

You've cursed us all!!!!
  • I agree the awards are somewhat lackluster. Yea, I could use some vision covers but do I want the hassle...

But it isn't just this event, its all information pertaining to the game. What events are coming? What are they currently working on? When are the android users going to get a patch (there are some who still can't even get past the load screen)? How are some of the results from the scaling change in PVE? How are the results from the PVP point scoring change.

I just want to see some basic, regular communication....
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't seen a red post in over a week. I think they are ignoring the forums and working on the game right now.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Haven't seen a red post in over a week. I think they are ignoring the forums and working on the game right now.

That's what I had noticed too. It only takes 2 minutes to type a general message to let us know the devs are still alive...

I'd really like to see a quick, daily communication from someone telling us what's going on. Just a couple of quick statements, that's all I ask...
  • Malcrof wrote:

This. I suspect they realised how toxic the forums had gotten and decided it wasn't worth it.

Introduce new characters and get hammered for pushing them in too fast...
    new character too strong? community screams about whales.
    new character too weak? community screams about bad balancing

Preview new characters to find the right power level? then they get hammered for "nerfing" pre-release (an allegation that borders on SURREAL, this might be the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen on any forum!)...

Mention changes to the meta and get hammered...mention any kind of long-term strategy and get buried by pages of vets demanding compensation. If you lower roster slots we want refunds! if you nerf characters we want refunds! etc.

Servers go down, get hammered...arrange compensation and get hammered because people want the top 50 award...offer the top 50 award to be rerun and get hammered because this is seen as being too kind to players who didnt lose out...

And my personal favourite, the latest theory that there is a conspiracy secret coding adjustment they made to guarantee more cascades. This is a fun throwback to the days of PQ2 and is pretty funny icon_e_smile.gif

tl;dr: I've been disappointed at the lack of red posts lately, but it doesn't take a genius to understand why.
  • Malcrof
    SteveMcM wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This. I suspect they realised how toxic the forums had gotten and decided it wasn't worth it.

Preview new characters to find the right power level? then they get hammered for "nerfing" pre-release (an allegation that borders on SURREAL, this might be the most ridiculous complaint I've ever seen on any forum!)...

Mention changes to the meta and get hammered...mention any kind of long-term strategy and get buried by pages of vets demanding compensation. If you lower roster slots we want refunds! if you nerf characters we want refunds! etc.

Servers go down, get hammered...arrange compensation and get hammered because people want the top 50 award...offer the top 50 award to be rerun and get hammered because this is seen as being too kind to players who didnt lose out...

And my personal favourite, the latest theory that there is a conspiracy secret coding adjustment they made to guarantee more cascades. This is a fun throwback to the days of PQ2 and is pretty funny icon_e_smile.gif

tl;dr: I've been disappointed at the lack of red posts lately, but it doesn't take a genius to understand why.

^ This, agreed. But if my psylocke black i pulled off that first token is not there when things come back again, i absolutely will file a ticket.
  • SteveMcM wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I agree but I also think a lot of the anger has been from a lack of information as well. Or from the poor timing of the information, like 20 minutes before they are altering something...

While they can't keep everyone happy, that doesn't mean they should stop talking. If they don't like the criticism, then address the criticism. At least the serious stuff anyway. Let people know you hear them and understand their concerns...
  • Totally valid and I agree. Communication has been (arguably) as much a problem from the dev team as from the forum. Didn't mean to give the impression that I see the issue as a one-way street - it takes two to tango.
  • udonomefoo
    SteveMcM wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

No, that's still a poor excuse. There are good people on this forum who don't whine and complain about everything. They (we) don't deserve to get "thrown out with the bath water" because of the ones who are never happy about anything even though they still play every day instead of leaving. They could just post in the "news and announcements" forum with locked posts and bounce instead of just silence.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    No, that's still a poor excuse. There are good people on this forum who don't whine and complain about everything. They (we) don't deserve to get "thrown out with the bath water" because of the ones who are never happy about anything even though they still play every day instead of leaving. They could just post in the "news and announcements" forum with locked posts and bounce instead of just silence.

I agree and wasn't offering anything as an excuse - just an explanation. I'm not saying it's "OK", just trying to point out the reason for it.
  • udonomefoo
    SteveMcM wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I agree and wasn't offering anything as an excuse - just an explanation. I'm not saying it's "OK", just trying to point out the reason for it.

I gotcha, I wasn't trying to attack you. I just see that a lot whenever someone says "where's the devs" someone always says "I wouldn't come here either" and I just don't think that's an acceptable excuse. If I have a client at work who annoys me I can't just shut off my phone and stop checking email and ignore everyone else too.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I am no longer surprised that the Reds aren't sharing any kind of relevant information on a timely basis. Saddened, but not surprised.

I'm also not surprised by server outages caused by the start of the Ultron event. Disappointed, but not surprised.

WHAT I AM SURPRISED BY: NO RED RESPONSE TO THE OUTAGES. The one thing their staff usually does is at least respond to widespread problems on the Bugs/Technical Problems forum. They could do a lot better, but they usually will give some kind of update (even if it's just a "we're working on it" update). Now - nothing.

Has D3 and/or Demiurge just abandoned the game and put some intern on it just to keep the bare minimum going? It's beginning to feel like it....

• Has D3 and/or Demiurge just abandoned the game and put some intern on it just to keep the bare minimum going? It's beginning to feel like it....
    So all the new characters that have been released lately somehow equate to abandonment? Definitely some of the most flawed reasoning I've ever heard.
  • Malcrof
    THEY LIVE!!

and just posted this

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30843
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker

Has D3 and/or Demiurge just abandoned the game and put some intern on it just to keep the bare minimum going? It's beginning to feel like it....
    So all the new characters that have been released lately somehow equate to abandonment? Definitely some of the most flawed reasoning I've ever heard.

Sorry you didn't get my sarcasm. Though I could say it would be fairly trivial for an intern to come up with the design for the last new character, Carnage.
    My point is I'm wondering aloud if they really are working all that hard on the game (vs. other projects). Sure we get new characters, and a minor tweak to MMR/scaling here and there, but not much else. No new content for instance.

Maybe they are really really hard at work on the Vault - trying to figure out if the odds on a 4* should be 1.3% or 1.4% after your 20th pull (note - that was sarcasm too).