Did community scaling get turned back on for ISO-8?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Because Prodigal Sun felt about right and ISO-8 seems like it's suddenly back into community scaling territory.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    DFiPL wrote:
    Because Prodigal Sun felt about right and ISO-8 seems like it's suddenly back into community scaling territory.

Yes, The devs said they would revert the changes for PvEs containing new character releases. They consider this one a new character release due to the issues with iUsers during the first run of Carnage rewards.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prodigal Sun was a test, community scaling is back on for ISO 8 Brotherhood and if memory serves will be off again for the next PvE.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Yes, The devs said they would revert the changes for PvEs containing new character releases. They consider this one a new character release due to the issues with iUsers during the first run of Carnage rewards.

Interesting. I'd been under the impression that the plan was x2 off/x2 on.

So having done one with it off, does that mean the iUsers' issues have us going x1 on/x1 off/x2 on/whatever the decision is from here?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    The next PvE will be Heroic Oscorp with the community scaling turned off. After that, I'm not sure.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    The next PvE will be Heroic Oscorp with the community scaling turned off. After that, I'm not sure.

if its like PVP we wont know if it will stay off until AUG i would guess
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    If they truly wanted to test the effects of turning it off, they should have left it off for this event.

Running a test in a 7 day PvE with Beast rewards is no way to test a new system. Running a test in a 4 day event where 95% of your player base will be engaged in the prize offered IS the way to test a new system...just sayin'.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can definitely see the difference again. My hardest battles are all 236 with my highest character on my roster at 130. Ridiculous! I'm not even bothering trying cause it'll just mean 3 health packs required.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tackled the last node at level 205 (up to 220 now) with 120cap(3/5/2)/164cyclops(boosted to that level, only at 1/4/4)/94mnmags. at least I'm not contributing to the scaling by taking the damage I did (lost mags). pretty sure they may not make it every time. when they don't, I may try brute force (i.e. 240thor/140cmags/142loki or something). scaling sucks...
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I think I died about 4 times in prodigal sun in the whole 7 days. Today I died 4 times before I finished my first clear...and the levels went up after losing 3 characters. Community scaling is just crazy dumb especially since they have gotten rid of rubberbanding.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    I think I died about 4 times in prodigal sun in the whole 7 days. Today I died 4 times before I finished my first clear...and the levels went up after losing 3 characters. Community scaling is just crazy dumb especially since they have gotten rid of rubberbanding.

Agreed.. some of these nodes get crazy nasty
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    To confirm: Will's post at Reddit only announced community scaling off for Prodigal Sun and Heroic Oscorp. No other plans have been announced that I'm aware of.
  • Not sure, but I did end up bailing pretty early (first run, about the 3rd node) due to the levels I was seeing. Of course, missing 2 of 3 essentials and having the one I do have seriously **** made it easier to give up. icon_rolleyes.gif

This will end up being yet another "DDQ only" week for me.

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Not sure, but I did end up bailing pretty early (first run, about the 3rd node) due to the levels I was seeing. Of course, missing 2 of 3 essentials and having the one I do have seriously **** made it easier to give up. icon_rolleyes.gif

This will end up being yet another "DDQ only" week for me.

DBC

Hit up the shield sim and build yourself a bagman!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 160+ Muscles sure aren't fun. One Threaten resolved. The resulting cascade killed Captain Marvel, from over 5000 health. I took over 1000 match damage per turn for the next 2-3 turns until I cleared the damn things.

If the devs are reading: I hate community scaling. Really hate it. It seems stupidly unfair that my nodes are made harder, before I even attempt them, because somebody else hit them first and wiped them clean. Why should I be penalized for not playing?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    My hardest battle is now up to 243, all without me playing them even once. Unless you hit all the fights as soon as they start the scaling soon takes them out of reach of your own roster and thats just wrong, so very, very wrong.

The game basically benefits the players who have completely maxed rosters while the players below that soon find the fights are out of reach for them. After the success of the last PVE, it should be obvious already that community scaling has to go right now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    it helps the guys who have many characters at the top level of their roster, wherever that level might be - ~100 (including 94s), ~120, 166, etc.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Yep, only my second clear and the Bullseye/Muscle/Muscle is at 300. 18,000hp goons, 1140 strike.png, and icon_bullseye.pngenemyprotect.png. It's entirely dependent on the board you get.
  • Malcrof
    Ludaa wrote:
    Yep, only my second clear and the Bullseye/Muscle/Muscle is at 300. 18,000hp goons, 1140 strike.png, and icon_bullseye.pngenemyprotect.png. It's entirely dependent on the board you get.

Loki is an amazing friend here, bring Blade or Doom to tank black for him. Once you steal all their stuff, cast Blade purpleflag.png and do 5k+ a round not including the 2k+ match damage
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    The max scaling should be the maximum level unboosted hero you have, and boosts should only take characters up to their max level, rather than pushing a few characters super high and making it impractical to actually use any of your other heroes. Simple way to solve everyone's complaints with it.
  • Malcrof
    The max scaling should be the maximum level unboosted hero you have. Simple way to solve everyone's complaints with it.

Then with boosted chars like 3Thor.. they could single handedly take 3 lvl 166 goons...