Really satisfying moves

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There are a ton of topics on getting rolled by the AI with their lucky cascades and perfect boards and just the right colors going their way, but I wanted to see when things when the other way for people. When you were able to pull off a move that just REALLY felt good?

For me, I just had a match in Prodigal Sun on the SHIELD Assault 3 node where you face Falcon, GSBW and a Spy. My team consisted of C. Mags, boosted Ares and Loki. Colors were not being kind and I was gaining no real ground, and then Falcon casts Bird Strike. Now my match damage is negated. But I got a black match. And then he boosted tiles with Yellow. Black match. He boosted with Yellow again. Black Match again.

Go ahead, boost with Yellow again Falcon.

My next turn Loki turned all of his beefed up Protect tiles into beefed up Strike tiles for me. The game lasted about 2 more rounds icon_lol.gif

Sure, I win most of the time vs AI, but this one just left me smiling.

Comments

• I've been using the same team, and on the same node I just couldn't get any black to flip all the protect tiles coming out. The AI got a huge cascade, loosed a sniper rifle shot and downed Ares, leaving my Loki and cMags sitting around 1500 and their team mostly intact, Falcon was down half health.

I had 5 purple and nothing else going... and lo and behold one cast of illusion netted me a couple of red and purple match 5's. CMags red destroys the tu's, more big matches. Another illusion cast, more match 5's. I've killed Falcon, matched most of his protect tiles away, cast coercive field and cMags blue twice to take out GSBW. The spy falls a few turns later. Very satisfying.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever I kill someone with Full Blast and have more than 9 red on the board. I think it is the most satisfying kill animation. punishes Retribution is also good, but cyclops full blast just looks massively powerful and it is.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I got the enemy team down to Ares at around 1000 HP. But I'm down to Carnage on not-very-much life, in fact I'm pretty dead if he even does a decent match three... No miracle cascade on my team icon_e_sad.gif

Ares.
    Sunder.

Everyone is Down yet I still get the victory.
    Awesome.
  • Squirrel Girl boosted and I had her purple at max cover, was fighting against LCap and Torch. Torch used Inferno, I used Nuts From Above and it hit Lcap for like 9K++ lol. So satisfying. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:
    Whenever I kill someone with Full Blast and have more than 9 red on the board. I think it is the most satisfying kill animation. punishes Retribution is also good, but cyclops full blast just looks massively powerful and it is.

This is especially fun to do to Wolverine before he can get a turn in during the survival nodes of EOTS because it's exactly what Cyclops would want to do in the comics.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    any time I purposefully let any of the following go off with loki ready with black: cap yellow, squirrel yellow, grocket blue, sentry yellow, falcon purple, mags yellow, patch green (especially). very satisfying.

only this week have I leveled cmags and I have to say, mags red into his blue and loki purple = cascade machine. love this combo.

any time I go from almost dead with grocket to basically full health. that rocks too.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher Retribution, if possible i will always end a match with it, same with Fury.

I think a simple gunshot killing a hero/villain is, well.. sort of realistic.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I love all the moves listed above, plus Daredevil's ambush. Either baiting the enemy with a match 4 that includes the trap, or doing multiple ambush attacks with one match. During a big enchilada recently I had 3 ambush traps that happened to coincide into a match -able formation. I saved it til round 4, threw out CTS, then made the match and one, two, three - they all fell down. Good times...
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    In PVE, I love running Daredevil Ambush tiles with GSBW's deceptive tactics. Put down an ambush tile or two, set them off with the deceptive tactics, doing 4K-5K in damage to the front line enemy, and that's before you do another 3500 damage to everyone with the Sniper shot coming out of all of the green you created. Luckiest shot I ever took with it did two more ambushes on the cascade after the Sniper shot. Total of more than 20K damage in less than a turn.
    AI's too stupid to make it work in PVP, but it's soooo satisfying.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love making it out of a game with R&G at less than 25% health and getting a yellow match on the very first move of the next game. All TU's destroyed, lots of cascades, a nearly full health R&G and an enemy team going '**** just happened?'

Never heal R&G right at the end of a match!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I love making it out of a game with R&G at less than 25% health and getting a yellow match on the very first move of the next game. All TU's destroyed, lots of cascades, a nearly full health R&G and an enemy team going '**** just happened?'

that would be even better against mags when he starts gathering red. sure, here get your 2 or 3 TUs icon_e_wink.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forgot about Hood's Twin Pistols to end a match.

It feels like something out of an action movie.. shady man pulls triggers on both guns.. fade to black, roll credits.
  • udonomefoo wrote:

But I love using R&G's healing to end the match! I kill you with healing!
    Same reason I love trying to end the match with illusions...
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Got to add Colossal Punch and Righteous Uppercut to the list.
    Especially, the latter, when the screen blacks for half a second ... Lights Out ! as a previous poster once said ...
  • When I first got my PX covered I had a cascade in PvP with 8 match 5's. Annhilated the other team on like turn 4 with extreme prejudice lol. I don't remember the team exactly but I know it had a near max 4hor. So satisfying to watch
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some reason, I get some weird satisfaction from getting 5-match TUs with Ms. Marvel's Yellow icon_lol.gif I had one game where I had a bar from the top of the screen to the bottom. Giggity.

It's just like 'hah, I murdered you with the most useless tiles in the game!'. xD

My troll team recently has been Hawkeye/Ms. Marvel/Thor. Stacks on stacks on racks on racks of cascades and 5-matches. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Without question my best "move memories" are coming from my newest sweetheart (sorry, OBW), Scarlet Witch...

L matches, blocks of 6 stacked in two threes, full rows of purpletile.png ...

Yeah, I love that gal. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Honorable mention to every single time I have ever been one click away from a CD tile wrecking my crew with the same color sitting right next to it... only to have the needed color drop. Lots of smiling, some yelling, and often fist pumping ensues. icon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Killing a Hulkbuster with a hexbolt, when you've got a sniper rifle bullet ready in the chamber.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I love letting Muscle get a bunch of Strike Tiles with Threaten and then have Loki be like, "Trickery Time, foolish mortals!"
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thoroughly enjoy any match played with Patch and Black Panther. 9 green + 11 black = Berzerker Rage of the Panther, yo! BOOM!