Characters whose absences are strange/laughable?

Comments

• donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2015
    snlf25 wrote:
    There's maybe what, 20 characters left that people are really clamoring for? MPQ needs to slow down new covers for the health of the game because once those characters are out people wont get excited for the third tier leftovers. Or the twentieth different Wolverine variant. Sales will drop.

I agree with the idea that slowing down with the new releases could be desirable, but not because there are only a few interesting characters left.

Even some of the most obscure characters could turn out to be interesting, considering that it's all about the graphic appeal (in a game where the story element is paper thin), and - most of all - skill design.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Keeping them wanting is a big factor though too.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you look at Marvel Phase 3 in movies and TV.. we have LOADS of new characters to look forward to. With Infinity War, they can introduce so many characters that everyone will hit the 1k roster cap if they wanted to... and Phase 4 hasn't even been announced!!!
  • donietsche
    edited June 2015
    Anyway, we really need Fin Fang Foom, with a skill based on him putting one of the enemies in his pants (purple power, of course).

fin-fang-foom_304.jpg

And please, synergy with Devil Dino!

Shortly after F.F.F., they should introduce Xemnu the Titan.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/xemnuthetitan.htm

A real rock'n'troll team could then dominate this game until the end of times.
  • Malcrof
    So when do i get Ego The Living Planet. .. or Morbius!!

Movesets:

Morbius - https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27718
    Ego The Living Planet - https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29166
  • Buret0 wrote:

I want Namor just because I want all three of his abilities to be based on blue (even if the covers are blue, yellow, and green.)

Namor 3*.

blueflag.png Tidal Wave. 14 blue AP. Deals X damage to the other team for every blue tile on the board.

Damage increases for every cover.

yellowflag.png Electric Eels. 7 yellow AP. Deals X damage and stuns for 1 turn for every 5 blue tiles on the board.

Damage increases, required number of blue tiles decrease to add turns.

greenflag.png Water cannon. 5 green AP. Deals X damage and adds 1 blue tile to the board.

Damage increases slightly, number of blue tiles added increases to 3 at max covers.

You want Namor, but you have no idea what his actual powers are? The only one even close is the yellow, and he no longer has the Aquaman "Command/Copy Aquatic Animals" power.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Haetron wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

I want Namor just because I want all three of his abilities to be based on blue (even if the covers are blue, yellow, and green.)

Namor 3*.

blueflag.png Tidal Wave. 14 blue AP. Deals X damage to the other team for every blue tile on the board.

yellowflag.png Electric Eels. 7 yellow AP. Deals X damage and stuns for 1 turn for every 5 blue tiles on the board.

greenflag.png Water cannon. 5 green AP. Deals X damage and adds 1 blue tile to the board.

Damage increases slightly, number of blue tiles added increases to 3 at max covers.

You want Namor, but you have no idea what his actual powers are? The only one even close is the yellow, and he no longer has the Aquaman "Command/Copy Aquatic Animals" power.

So... Classic Namor isn't a thing? We can't release characters with classic powers?

So... at no time did Namor ever threaten to sink the island of Manhattan underneath a tidal wave?
    So... at no time did Namor ever have the power to mimic an electric eel and shock people?
    So... at no time did Namor ever have the power to expel water from his body as an attack?
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    First one that popped into my mind just from reading the title of the thread was Jean Grey/Phoenix. After reading some of the replies, the suggestion I like best are The Thing & Mr Fantastic, Drax, Agent Coulsen and Nova. As far as villians go, The Abomination, Red Skull, The Green Goblin and Super Skrull.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Jean Grey is a massive omission.. as is Angel/Archangel. They have been around for over 50 years and have been staples. They will also be in the new upcoming movie.

Namor, the Submariner. Technically pre-dates all other characters in the marvel universe, his 8 page freebie book (google it) is before even Torch.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Funnies_Weekly

just to show the history, he has been around since 1939!

Namor 3*.

None of those say Imperius Rex icon_evil.gif

That's like having luke cage not have Sweet Christmas as a power.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Man.

Oh wait, I mean a GOOD Spider-Man.

icon_evil.gif
  • A) Squirrel Girl isn't questionable, you're just not hip. Deal with it.

B) Spider-Man
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Batman icon_razz.gif
  • donietsche
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Batman icon_razz.gif

one skill, called "preparation time": it downs all the opponents with one move.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The different characters on offer in the different Marvel licensed games is interesting. Looking at Contest of Champions as an example, they have Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Abomintion, Rhinoceros, Magick... ooh and Unstoppable Colossus (jugg colossus) to name a few.

MPQ has characters Champions lack as well. I'm just saying the differences are telling. I would imagine that the marquee characters (Guardians, for example) got pushed to everyone for the movies... but the less 'urgently hot' characters are getting parceled out to different licensees. A character scheduled for upcoming movie or TV has a good chance of seeing daylight in multiple games. If their name isn't on release calendar for a movie then we might only see them in 1 or 2 (far from all) licensed games.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    raisinbman wrote:
    A) Squirrel Girl isn't questionable, you're just not hip. Deal with it.

B) Spider-Man

Rule of thumb, you're not the hip kid if you use words like hip. I don't really mind squirrel girl too much, however I do find her incredibly lame and it's kind of embarrassing for her character to be exceptionally weak and look like a furry who somehow takes down powerhouses. That joke got stale real fast and now she's just a gimmick, there are at least 20 xmen that deserve her spot...
  • 20three wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    A) Squirrel Girl isn't questionable, you're just not hip. Deal with it.

B) Spider-Man

Rule of thumb, you're not the hip kid if you use words like hip. I don't really mind squirrel girl too much, however I do find her incredibly lame and it's kind of embarrassing for her character to be exceptionally weak and look like a furry who somehow takes down powerhouses. That joke got stale real fast and now she's just a gimmick, there are at least 20 xmen that deserve her spot...
    rule of thumb, you're assuming I'm when I never said I was, kiddo.

She isn't 'expceptionally weak'.

What does a furry look like, exactly? Stereotyper.

It was actually a very hilarious joke, seeing as to how many comic creators/fanbois raged at it. That's trolling. Not what internet youngins do nowadays.

And she's not a gimmick.

Also, no such thing as a 'deserved spot'.

PS: xmen aren't gonna be released, you'd know that if you were savvy, Savvy?
    While I agree that there are some characters we still need in this game, preferably villains but overall MPQ has done a good job at giving us plenty of characters to choose from. Plus many players complain about the numerous character releases. I would rather have additional story PVE, Maximum Carnage is a perfect example, even most of the characters from the comic are in the game. Once a month we should get a new story PVE.

only in dreams
    snlf25 wrote:
    There's maybe what, 20 characters left that people are really clamoring for? MPQ needs to slow down new covers for the health of the game because once those characters are out people wont get excited for the third tier leftovers. Or the twentieth different Wolverine variant. Sales will drop.

sales won't drop, they just need to study LoL
    donietsche wrote:
    Anyway, we really need Fin Fang Foom, with a skill based on him putting one of the enemies in his pants (purple power, of course).

fin-fang-foom_304.jpg

And please, synergy with Devil Dino!

Shortly after F.F.F., they should introduce Xemnu the Titan.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/xemnuthetitan.htm

A real rock'n'troll team could then dominate this game until the end of times.

we can't have xemnu, he'd break the game *kappa*
  • Malcrof
    Rom, Star Brand, Quasar.

Good heroes the younger generation probably doesn't know ever existed.
  • xombie666
    xombie666 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Ladies and gentlemen, your new 4 star, Apocalypse...
  • xombie666 wrote:
    Ladies and gentlemen, your new 4 star, Apocalypse...
    he's 5*
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Rom, Star Brand, Quasar.

Good heroes the younger generation probably doesn't know ever existed.

We're never going to see Rom. Marvel doesn't own, or even have rights to, the character currently. They could do any of the other Spaceknights, but I'm not holding my breath.