3* Synergy/Rainbow Combinations (2/19/16)

Options
2»

Comments

• Nightghost
    Nightghost Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    One of my best rainbow team is
    icon_wolverine.png 5/3/5
    icon_loki.png 5/3/5
    icon_spiderman.png 3/5/5

I feel like spiderman is a very underrated support. He has great synergy with wolverine from his blueflag.png stunlocking whatever you leave alive after using wolvie greenflag.png (not to mention sometimes delaying enemy from using his power for 1-3 turns is a life saver)
    And leaving a protect tile while gathering purpleflag.png is also very good for protecting squishy loki who usually thinks he is in all you can eat healthpack buffet.
    I recommend checking him out.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    With Gamora essential for The Hunt right now I've been trying different combinations with her... my current favorite is Gamora, Dr. Doom and Thor. Work on Gamora's quick redflag.png first, and gather up blacktile.png and bluetile.png -- the blue being for Doom's blueflag.png, to generate more black on the board for Gamora to pick up. Once you fire off Gamora's blackflag.png then go crazy with all of the other colors, getting the extra benefit of all of Gamora's strike tiles.

Did some heavy thinking about Gamora again, after reading the posts here mentioned and after following the bread crumbs, figured this out.

Gamora/Iron Fist/Magneto

Gamora does color damage for green 79/red 70/black 61, to let her black shine, I need a team that lets as much of her signs on the board as possible to do most strike tiles. IF does color damage green 79/ purple 70/ black 61, Mags has red 70/ yellow 61/ blue 79 which means Gamora can tank all her colors and generate most number of strike tiles by doing black.

If I have a miscalculation, please DON'T let me know, because I will suffer on serious headache if I have to think about her ever again!
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    Nightghost wrote:
    icon_wolverine.png 5/3/5
    icon_loki.png 5/3/5
    icon_spiderman.png 3/5/5

I feel like spiderman is a very underrated support. He has great synergy with wolverine from his blueflag.png stunlocking whatever you leave alive after using wolvie greenflag.png (not to mention sometimes delaying enemy from using his power for 1-3 turns is a life saver)
    And leaving a protect tile while gathering purpleflag.png is also very good for protecting squishy loki who usually thinks he is in all you can eat healthpack buffet.

I too think about him as a support character who goes very well with strong purple user like Doom, Widow, Deadpool etc. and thats the real problem, finding someone who supports HIM the best way.
  • slowej25
    slowej25 Posts: 52
    Options
    This is such a great guide, I think it should be a sticky. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together Ryu! I reference this thread all the time
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will echo slowej and say thank you for this. I use these types of posts a lot and it is incredibly helpful. I especially use it around heroics time when I'm forced to use new combos of things.
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Nightghost wrote:
    icon_wolverine.png 5/3/5
    icon_loki.png 5/3/5
    icon_spiderman.png 3/5/5

I too think about him as a support character who goes very well with strong purple user like Doom, Widow, Deadpool etc. and thats the real problem, finding someone who supports HIM the best way.
    one idea I had was pairing spidey with witch. my spidey is still very undercovered and I only started dabbling with witch recently but I think they could be a good combo with a random red/black user (cyc, torch, marvel, etc). anyone run this? I plan on testing it out next time I jump into a pve.
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    Updated IM40 after devs renewed him.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have to say this is one of my favorite guides. I reference it all the time and I think it should be stickied. It's great in that it gives you tips on how to make every 3* character useful, not just the common ones. I love it, thanks Ryu!