Design Philosophy: Reward vs Punishment

Options
13»

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    For one thing, if someone attacks me and takes 35 points off my score, the last thing I want to do is attack them back for 15 and give them another shot at me. They've proven they can beat me already, so I just gotta live with that and move on. And that goes for any opponent that's fielding 3 characters higher than mine but worth fewer points, which after a certain point seems to be almost every opponent.

Getting to the top, and pushing higher, is risky indeed. When you're 200 points higher than everyone else, most people are going to be 15 points or less.
    Doubly so when everyone whose within 200 points is being hidden from the matchmaking system
  • Bugpop wrote:
    For one thing, if someone attacks me and takes 35 points off my score, the last thing I want to do is attack them back for 15 and give them another shot at me. They've proven they can beat me already, so I just gotta live with that and move on. And that goes for any opponent that's fielding 3 characters higher than mine but worth fewer points, which after a certain point seems to be almost every opponent.

Getting to the top, and pushing higher, is risky indeed. When you're 200 points higher than everyone else, most people are going to be 15 points or less.

It's beyond risky. At that point if it's busy, then playing is just stupid. The best you can hope for is to keep your score stagnant for a little while.