PVP - points promised vs. points awarded

13»

Comments

• Esheris wrote:
    The fix could be simple without loading the server, just give the amount of points that are qued instead of changing the amount halfway through battle. ^.^

Problem with that solution is it would affect alot of us who save low point nodes for later when they will be worth more.
    Then give the showed score or MORE if the current score of the target is higher than when you queued it, but not LESS than what it shows.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    simonsez wrote:
    tinykitty like that is NOT explained by point lag.
    It's already been explained to you how it can be.

This thread is the poster child for why we need the thumbs down button back. This tinykitty could've been wrapped up in less than 10 posts after a couple of well-deserved -5s. Instead it's just going to go on and on and on, because some people are too thick-headed to understand the explanations they're being given, and everyone else is too stubborn to let thick-headed people get the last word.

No one's forcing you or anyone else to read or comment on this thread. No personal attacks on others please.
    You go ahead and get the last word though. Honestly, it was pretty dumb of me to expect anything anything different from this community full of spoiled children. I'm out. Enjoy your forum.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    tinykitty like that is NOT explained by point lag.
    It's already been explained to you how it can be.

This thread is the poster child for why we need the thumbs down button back. This tinykitty could've been wrapped up in less than 10 posts after a couple of well-deserved -5s. Instead it's just going to go on and on and on, because some people are too thick-headed to understand the explanations they're being given, and everyone else is too stubborn to let thick-headed people get the last word.

No one's forcing you or anyone else to read or comment on this thread. If it makes you feel any better you're doing just fine a job of being an absolute prick even without having a thumbs down button to reinforce your little chest beating rituals.

You go ahead and get the last word though. Honestly, it was pretty dumb of me to expect anything anything different from this community full of spoiled children. I'm out. Enjoy your forum.

Prick and spoiled children? Nice response there. You need to turn down your rage settings.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Just a general response to the point fluctuations: Server lag is something that will always be a part of online gaming. I just try to make the best of it when I play. If possible, I try to confirm point totals by seeing if I can find their current score on one of the leaderboards. Is it annoying when I don't get the points I thought I was going to, yes. Is it annoying when a last minute hit sneaks by before the server can update my shield status, yes. But lag is lag and it isn't going anywhere.

Part of my personal response to this is to start late and climb late. Not only does this help limit the fluctuations in points, but as I am climbing my points aren't being updated as quickly either so I use the lag to my advantage to partially shield myself from attacks since people won't think I am worth the effort.

This game can be pretty frustrating sometimes, just like any other, but most of the time a deep breath or even laughter at the absurdity of what happened can help make it that much more tolerable.

Edit: Spelling