Which would you rather?

2»

Comments

• DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I'd like to see some specific characters having improved AI as one of their character traits.

Simple changes, like characters that always make the 5-of-a-kind matches when available, or the match that leads to another match, even if they had weaker other abilities, like Beast or Doc Oc, would give those characters a new life.

They could become important characters for use as PVP defense.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    DukeUpdate wrote:
    I'd like to see some specific characters having improved AI as one of their character traits.

Simple changes, like characters that always make the 5-of-a-kind matches when available, or the match that leads to another match, even if they had weaker other abilities, like Beast or Doc Oc, would give those characters a new life.

maybe also have the not so bright ones have less Ai, like jug just makes the first match possible( like him just charging out of the gate)
  • Agreed, seeing juggs denying ap is somewhat weird.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    I'm sure it's noted somewhere on the forums, but the AI used to actually be smarter and they had to make it dumber.

Personally, I would be okay with harder AI, especially if it was it's own kind of event - like a "hard mode" of PvEs and PVPs.

However, from Demuirge's point of view, I can totally understand never, ever wanting to do that, considering how much tinfoil we already have to roll around with the current severely handicapped AI.
    now that we know D3 has kept the AI purposely dumber, it's clear what their intentions are....

I hope this is a joke. icon_lol.gif This is a joke, right? xD
  • DukeUpdate wrote:

They'd have to replace half of Juggernaut's turns with, instead of making a match or doing an ability:

latest?cb=20141111032715
    I'M THE JUGGERNAUT
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Heartburn wrote:
    DukeUpdate wrote:

maybe also have the not so bright ones have less Ai, like jug just makes the first match possible( like him just charging out of the gate)

Great idea, for example if a red match was available, Jug would make it, regardless of if there was a purple 4-of-a-kind available somewhere else. They could design it to only happen if Jug was out front, but the smart bonus, like always making 5-of-a-kind matches if they are available, would be a team boost that a character like Beast could give to the whole team (so long as they are not downed).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    DukeUpdate wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:
    DukeUpdate wrote:

Great idea, for example if a red match was available, Jug would make it, regardless of if there was a purple 4-of-a-kind available somewhere else. They could design it to only happen if Jug was out front, but the smart bonus, like always making 5-of-a-kind matches if they are available, would be a team boost that a character like Beast could give to the whole team (so long as they are not downed).
    not sure I want juggs that honed in on red. that's not dumbing him down - that's playing smart. playing with juggs, i'll pass up a purple match 4 for a red match 3 a lot (depending on the opponent).