Why are announcements being made everywhere but the forum?

2»

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also looks like Kabir is one of the moderators of the subreddit, so that might be another reason the devs hang out in other places more often, easier to dismiss the trolls. This is a D3 forum. D3 is the game's publisher. Kabir is a Demiurge employee. Demiurge is the developer. I looked on the Demiurge site, and it's not updated too often with blog posts or anything, so it's not a reliable place to go to for current/updated info.

I think the devs also have less time now, since they're developing games for Sega now, as pointed out by Berto_Y in this post. From an earlier post in that thread by Will here, he links to an article.

Pertinent info from the article
    Sega Networks did not acquire rights to Demiurge’s popular match-3 puzzle fighting game, but it will support it going forward, though it has yet to be decided on how publishing will be handled.

“It’s business as usual,” Olson said. “They’ve obviously done very well with that game and they have a relationship with D3, the publisher. To clarify, we did not get the actual rights to Marvel [Puzzle Quest] with that acquisition — that’s a separate relationship. But we fully intend to strengthen the title and help it be all that it can be.

Though the game is out of the question, Sega does keep the mobile game engine that runs Marvel Puzzle Quest.

“That was a key part of the acquisition,” Olson says. “With that, we have the engine that runs Marvel Puzzle Quest, and certainly we’re happy to pick that up as part of the deal.”

So, it looks like the game is being supported by Sega Networks now, although how publishing will be handled has yet to be decided. And the game they just developed, does look to run on the same mobile game engine as MPQ. I assume the time that they had to interact with us on the D3 forums has been cut into by them having to work on MPQ and Sega titles. I could be wrong, but if I'm right, I really can't blame them for interacting less here. As if the amount of complaints / whining about any change, positive or negative wasn't enough to keep them away, they probably have legitimate reasons for doing so, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and not totally fault the devs for game announcements not being made on the D3 forums.