Preemptive (No) Scaling Discussion

13»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like for them to display all the nodes instead of "unlocking" them. Quite often, I've found easier nodes after a particularly difficult one, and I think it is weird that you have easier nodes 'locked' behind sometimes unbelievably scaled nodes that you may never end up beating.

Just show them all to us... they are already labeled for the order of play. If I can't beat one node, I miss those points, but not all the rest of the points of the node for every refresh thereafter.

Same thing with Gauntlet, show them all, let us do them in our own order. You can still set it so that the second sub doesn't open until every non-essential node in the previous is beat at least once.
  • JVReal wrote:
    I'd like for them to display all the nodes instead of "unlocking" them. Quite often, I've found easier nodes after a particularly difficult one, and I think it is weird that you have easier nodes 'locked' behind sometimes unbelievably scaled nodes that you may never end up beating.

Just show them all to us... they are already labeled for the order of play. If I can't beat one node, I miss those points, but not all the rest of the points of the node for every refresh thereafter.

Same thing with Gauntlet, show them all, let us do them in our own order. You can still set it so that the second sub doesn't open until every non-essential node in the previous is beat at least once.
    i hate this because occasionally ill completely miss a node because its in some weird place or only "unlocks" after i do some weird combo of nodes.

They should all be 'in order'
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

i hate this because occasionally ill completely miss a node because its in some weird place or only "unlocks" after i do some weird combo of nodes.

Thinking you missed what the P stands for in MPQ....
  • I'd prefer they make all PVEs in Gauntlet/DDQ style - no competition prizes, only progression, play each node once on your own time.
    I also would very much like if they totally get rid of scaling and make preset levels like in DDQ. This way it would be clear why you need to level up your chars. It won't punish you for leveling. It's quite ridiculous in this game that one have to think "I max covered Daken, I have iso to max level him, should I do that or it will screw me up to the point I just stop playing?"

Edit: and if you object it will screw noobs - not really. They would get some prizes from easy beginning - it will help them progress - they do better in next one - get better prizes
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    shurak wrote:
    I'd prefer they make all PVEs in Gauntlet/DDQ style - no competition prizes, only progression, play each node once on your own time.
    I also would very much like if they totally get rid of scaling and make preset levels like in DDQ. This way it would be clear why you need to level up your chars. It won't punish you for leveling. It's quite ridiculous in this game that one have to think "I max covered Daken, I have iso to max level him, should I do that or it will screw me up to the point I just stop playing?"

Edit: and if you object it will screw noobs - not really. They would get some prizes from easy beginning - it will help them progress - they do better in next one - get better prizes

Wait, so you want PVE to BE PVE? Novel concept......not sure its been argued on these forums before.....

(not mocking you, just the devs)
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Wait, so you want PVE to BE PVE? Novel concept......not sure its been argued on these forums before.....
    Shocking idea, I must admit icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Thinking you missed what the P stands for in MPQ....
    i didnt realize one of the puzzles was 'which node haven't you done yet' boy ive been playing wrong!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Shocking idea, I must admit icon_e_biggrin.gif

First off, nice sig icon_e_smile.gif

Secondly, this current PVE aside.. i kinda like the competitive portion and placement awards.. i agree we need more "play at your own pace" style things, because once you are done with prologue, you only have DDQ and once in a few months, the gauntlet.

I have been pitching a battlefield type idea for a while. Like the Shield sim, only much different rewards, and levels of difficulty. If you want to grind, pick

easy.. 1/2 the rewards of shield sim subs, so like a max random 1 star cover, or 35-100 iso, possibly a recruit token. 1 random hero/villain + goons or something.
    medium... 2 random heroes/villains and a goon, rewards are like any standard PVP node, possibility of a 2* cover or some nice iso.
    Hard.... 3 heroes/villans, well above your level, think hard nodes in PVEs. Rewards would be 2* covers, 250-500 iso or a heroic token.
    Deadly.. you guessed it, black label nodes, could be goons, could be heroes/villains.. you win, chances at 500-1k iso, heroic tokens, or the rare 25HP

So if you just want to play and grind and get things to help you level up, try new teams, get ready for competitive events you really want to play.. then you have somewhere to do it. No progression, no points of any kind.. just grind nodes. They do not scale, and would be great for casual players.