Top 50

Comments

• buffbeardo
    buffbeardo Posts: 154
    I disregard carnage. I have no chance to acquire him, he will be nerfed, & he should not be a **** star imo.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    You may discover that 95% of players don't want Carnage.

Maybe.

95% of this player doesn't want Carnage.

The other 5% thinks he looks cool.
    Yeah I can do without him too. He can sit with Sentry in my "don't have enough health packs to play with you" bench

I would probably trade my 3/3/4 Sentry for a 1/1/1 Carnage. Not that I'd use him anything approaching "often," but at least I'd have a fully-covered version to tinker with every once in a while.

I don't even do that with Sentry. I get his covers every 35-40 days in DDQ and he just rots on the bench.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    It has never been worth the time and effort for these PVE's that give out 4*. I'm glad you all see now the light and plan to take it easy.

Now could you all somehow convince the other 999 people in my bracket?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I overslept though my alarm this morning so I'm out of any type of competition towards T50. Most I can do now is contribute towards the alliance cover so I don't get temp replaced. Either way, I'll get the one in PvP for 1k Progression after the PvE is done.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Maybe.

Yeah I can do without him too. He can sit with Sentry in my "don't have enough health packs to play with you" bench

I would probably trade my 3/3/4 Sentry for a 1/1/1 Carnage. Not that I'd use him anything approaching "often," but at least I'd have a fully-covered version to tinker with every once in a while.

I don't even do that with Sentry. I get his covers every 35-40 days in DDQ and he just rots on the bench.
    Well yes it's a 4*. Your undercovered 3*s are not as good. Obviously.
  • DFiPL
    ArkPrime wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Maybe.

Well yes it's a 4*. Your undercovered 3*s are not as good. Obviously.

No, my undercovered 3* aren't as good. Nice observation.

It's not about 'good.' None of my 4* have more than 3 covers, and so I end up only using them when they're required. Carnage would (probably) fall into that camp, because I'm not enamored of 'character hurts the rest of your team' as a mechanic. It's why I have a 10-cover Sentry I never use (meanwhile I have multiple 7-10 other 3* I use regularly).

But a 1/1/1 Carnage so I could experiment with the powers and potential partnerships; even if I basically never use him otherwise would at least be doing more with the roster spot than Sentry is currently.

The only reason Sentry is on my roster is essentials + access to an extra DDQ token every 35'ish days. I literally never use him if I don't absolutely have to. He just doesn't fit my playstyle.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are going to use a 1/1/1 4* exactly once in PVP, you'll use your 3/3/4 every time the 3* is featured.

The 4* is probably better in PVE because there are less than 4*'s, so it will feature as essential more often.

Both will be buffed in various weeks, but you'll never use them undercovered there either.

The problem with not chasing characters is you need every single one in PVE. But if you don't care and are going for PVP only or PVP-worthy 4*'s only, you are probably better off going with the 3*'s - since the 4*'s are essential only once.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    When I realized I joined a bracket that already had already been open open long enough for a 2nd refresh, I didn't think I'd have a shot at top 50. Which is cool, another CMags cover will come in handy.

When the sub ended, I pulled a Carnage's Black from the event token. Now I feel obligated to make the effort to stay top 50 (I'm currently 18th, and my bracket doesn't seem to be trying very hard).
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I still reckon they should do more like The Hulk event or Prodigy Sun(?) where it reward you a cover. From there, through final rankings you earn more covers.
  • DFiPL wrote:

It's not about 'good.' None of my 4* have more than 3 covers, and so I end up only using them when they're required. Carnage would (probably) fall into that camp, because I'm not enamored of 'character hurts the rest of your team' as a mechanic. It's why I have a 10-cover Sentry I never use (meanwhile I have multiple 7-10 other 3* I use regularly).

But a 1/1/1 Carnage so I could experiment with the powers and potential partnerships; even if I basically never use him otherwise would at least be doing more with the roster spot than Sentry is currently.

The only reason Sentry is on my roster is essentials + access to an extra DDQ token every 35'ish days. I literally never use him if I don't absolutely have to. He just doesn't fit my playstyle.
    it's important to note that Sentry 2.0 sucks and Sentry 3.0 doesn't.
  • DFiPL
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    You are going to use a 1/1/1 4* exactly once in PVP, you'll use your 3/3/4 every time the 3* is featured.

PVP isn't a priority for me. I mean, I've probably played it more since the start of Season XV than in the last four seasons combined because for once I've been able to actually get progression rewards. Not ALL of them, but more than just, like, a standard token, some ISO, some boosts and a 2*. And a Sentry PVP is a PVP I skip. I really don't like the Sentry character. The experimentation with Carnage wouldn't be in PVP, anyway. I'd take him in the prologue, in a goon node, where I could pair him with other characters on my roster and see where his synergies might be.

But he's not somebody I'd use in PVP and he's not somebody I'd use in PVE outside of the essentials, not at 1/1/1. But a 1/1/1 would let me at least see how he meshes with new 3* characters I acquire. Sentry just rots on the bench.
    The 4* is probably better in PVE because there are less than 4*'s, so it will feature as essential more often.

Which, since I'm primarily a PVE player (the last couple weeks notwithstanding) is attractive.
    Both will be buffed in various weeks, but you'll never use them undercovered there either.

In PVE, I might. In trivial nodes, at least.
    The problem with not chasing characters is you need every single one in PVE. But if you don't care and are going for PVP only or PVP-worthy 4*'s only, you are probably better off going with the 3*'s - since the 4*'s are essential only once.

I don't "need" every single one because I don't chase placement rewards in PVE. icon_e_smile.gif I mean, sometimes I get them, and that's great! But I don't go into a PVE going "okay I need to play on this schedule and hit these nodes to get the placement covers." That's too much like work. I play casually (although with over 1000 hours on Steam, "casually" might be underselling it), and try to get all the progression rewards in most events. Won't be in the Carnage event because it was clear early that I was going to get aced out of a top 100 finish and I don't have any interest in the star.pngstar.pngstar.png Iron Man cover atop the progressions. I'm going to be playing the event until I get to 26,800 or so, probably, and then I'll call it good. Get the Hero Points, get the ISO, and then wait for the next event.
  • DFiPL
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

No idea what the distinction is. icon_e_smile.gif Just know I've used Sentry in his current form and am not a fan. I don't like characters with power builds that hurt their teammates. If Sentry's powers only harmed him, like his yellow, sure. okay. I'm down.

But a whoosh of countdowns that hurt everybody? nothankyou.jpg
  • DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

No idea what the distinction is. icon_e_smile.gif Just know I've used Sentry in his current form and am not a fan. I don't like characters with power builds that hurt their teammates. If Sentry's powers only harmed him, like his yellow, sure. okay. I'm down.

But a whoosh of countdowns that hurt everybody? nothankyou.jpg

Obviously. Was pointing it out for the children at home.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:

That's why I leave XF at five green, maybe 4.0 will fix it to usable again.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

That's why I leave XF at five green, maybe 4.0 will fix it to usable again.
    I'm really not sure what they're doing w/ X-Force/4*Thor(well I am sure, but it doesn't make sense...):
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    With the release of IMHB and Carnage, I can't help but think the XThor nerfs weren't because they were overpowered, but because they were strong and established, blocking out other 4*'s from moving into players' rotation. Yep, I'm jumping on the tinfoil bandwagon fully knowing there are multiple reasons for each decision. I know Scythes is Carnage's best move and Repulsor Punch is HB's second best ability to Overdrive, but it still feels wrong that Scythes is that much more powerful, even in a 1 on 1 battle.

In a fight between Carnage and Hulkbuster, who would win?
    i mean it doesn't make sense....they refer to sentry PVP as a good thing....

They get rid of winfinite/magstorm to only create another magstorm(Iron Fist + Black panther/black user) and winfinite(Charles/Pietro/Danny)

I'm conflicted with either X-Force receiving a buff, or being left in the trash heap like 3*Stark/Spidey

What's the point of nerfing characters if you're just going to introduce even more dominant ones?(But Surgical Strike did need to be nerfed)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    I'm conflicted with either X-Force receiving a buff, or being left in the trash heap like 3*Stark/Spidey

X-Force rated 13th in the latest forum rankings even after the nerf. Once the initial rage was over, everybody realised that he's still eminently playable, nowhere near a trash heap. Now, if you have info on a Sentry buff, you should share it in the appropriate thread.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I don't understand. So all players should get him? Or where would you draw the line without pissing off the people left right under line? Then what would make him or any other 4* special?

Right, and if men can marry other men, what's next, ANIMALS? CHAIRS?

I think perhaps there's a middle ground between 5% and 100%, right?

I'd say at least top 150 should get a cover, like with 3* releases. Remember, this is a release event. It happens once, along with a PVP event with a progression reward. After that, Carnage gets to wait in line for the rotation of top 1, top 1-2, and 1k progression along with.... I don't even feel like counting how many 4* there are now. Is it 7, 8, 9?

Hell, if they just went ahead and gave 1/1/1 to every person that participated, everyone would still have 10 more covers and a bunch of ISO to go before they really "have" the character.

So what makes 4* characters special? They're more powerful and harder (or just more expensive) to get than 3*s. If more than 5% of people get covers in the initial release, the 4* characters will still continue to be harder to get and more powerful than 3*s.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I don't understand. So all players should get him? Or where would you draw the line without pissing off the people left right under line? Then what would make him or any other 4* special?

Right, and if men can marry other men, what's next, ANIMALS? CHAIRS?
    I for one am against man chair marriage. It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Herman Miller

But yes, slippery slope arguments are almost always asinine.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I for one am against man chair marriage. It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Herman Miller

But yes, slippery slope arguments are almost always asinine.

How dare you, sir?! Chairs are people, too! They love and live just like the rest of us! You are an animal!
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I might have considered fighting for a carnage cover if event was shorter and had better progression rewards (this has roughly 1 token, 50 HP, 3000 ISO and a blue IM40... almost as good as a DPD...).
    NOT worth for me.