Please, no tokens

2»

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I just want to say that I agree with OP 100%. You need to gift a single Carnage cover to people affected by the outage. I don't know how to define "affected", but the most goodwill thing to do would just to give them to everyone (or at least everyone on the OSs affected).

Tokens are **** compensation, and should only be used for the smallest things (for example, server was down for an hour? Bam! Four Event Tokens. That's cool.), and I think that people should be able to opt in to a comparable amount of HP (so like 300HP?) in the event that Tokens are distributed on an individual basis.

So people on iOS get a free carnage and don't have to do anything, while everyone else has to actually work for one? The problem is with casual players who may not even have gotten a Carnage getting gifted one, while other casual players should be outraged. A 4* is a big deal after all. This kind of blanket reparation wouldn't be fair when giving out extreme gifts when it targets a specific population for a "could have" circumstance.
    Phantron wrote:
    They can't preemptively gift you stuff because there is a chance you might somehow place better later and it'd make no sense, to use an extreme example, if someone later finished #1 anyway and got 5 4* covers.

There is also this problem too.

They could give everyone Carnage, but I don't see that happening either. Tokens is a better option, because while I would like to have some, at least it doesn't guarantee a specific set of users covers over others. Instead you get a chance at getting them.

If I were in charge however, I would simply drop all the scores needed for covers (1 cover, 2 covers and 3 covers) down by one level (top 5 to 10, 10 to 25 etc). This wouldn't gift everyone, it would keep those who would have worked for the cover in their respective competitive ranges despite the edge they lost.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    But dropping the levels down really wouldn't help me. During my first attempted clear, the game crashed during 8 battles, so I could not even finish thanks to the 'retreat' penalty. This morning, I couldn't finish any matches. Normally I hit top 50 in pve, I'm currently 500. Dropping the levels still means I literally have no chance of getting a 4* after just one day, being too far behind already.

I understand you don't want to give just iOS people covers, that wouldn't make sense, but I would just give all users one cover, as some of my alliance members with android also have this crashing issue. An alliance that is usually in the top 100 pve is sitting at 495, with many players having finished a single match at best in pve.
  • @slidecage: This isn't affecting everyone. It's affecting a specific part of their demographic (i.e. some iOS users). I guess they could say that, but that would be the most blatant pile of dog tinykitty in canine history.

The server outages did affect everyone (albeit not equally). I don't think they did the right thing by the outages compensation, but I can at least give them the credit of saying their logic is sound (but very consumer unfriendly).

It's probably just a semantic thing, but the above bolded/italicized section was like a punch in the gut to read... or maybe... wait for it... wait for it... "A slap in the face?" icon_e_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

I have more than a little trouble finding a way that logic is sound. I mean, it's obviously not fair either, but when else in history has a whole group been affected by an event and had anyone essentially say, "Since everyone was affected, let's treat it like nothing happened to anyone?"

Again, likely a semantic quibble, but then I guess it could be considered sound if we went with, "Falling into line with all their other choices," I guess.

DBC
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Dauthi wrote:
    If I were in charge however, I would simply drop all the scores needed for covers (1 cover, 2 covers and 3 covers) down by one level (top 5 to 10, 10 to 25 etc). This wouldn't gift everyone, it would keep those who would have worked for the cover in their respective competitive ranges despite the edge they lost.

This only work if we're able to compete during a significant part of the event, except we can't now, we probably won't for the weekend and I wouldn't bet on a solution rolling by monday morning...

They could also check stats and give us compensations according to what we would have done compared to our previous PVP results. For exemple, considering my usual results that would be full progression rewards, top 100/200 equivalent per sub and top 100/150 final ranking, I probably would have faired a bit better, hitting below 100 from time to time but that would sound like a fair compensation to me.

That's what I would have get at least if I had been able to compete, two tokens and a sorry note won't cut it if this last a week or more and make me loose all my usual DDQ, PVP and PVE progress.