Please, no tokens

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, you've started a 4* PvE, and many, many people can't play with this new update. I know you guys are not high-end PvE players, so let me make sure you understand that even in a 7day event, if you miss any clears, your chances of a high rank are pretty much out the window. I HOPE you are planning some sort of compensation, and I HOPE it's not going to be tokens. No one wants Moonstones in place of the 4*s they got screwed out of. Either drastically loosen up the rank awards so more people are able to get something out of this, or just toss everyone a red Carnage and call it square.

Comments

• If you get anything it will be tokens. That's what they consider fair.
  • check the thread in the bugs section Simonsez...players have already received very wishy washy answers to these kind of inquiries RE this particular bug.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30396&start=40

marc
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    "I know you guys are not high-end PvE players, so let me make sure you understand that even in a 7day event, if you miss any clears, your chances of a high rank are pretty much out the window".

The fact is that someone WILL get high rank (not myself that's for sure!). How did their chances get thrown out the window? Solution: Compensate them another 4* cover on top of the one they just earned to even things out right?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    djdv81 wrote:
    The fact is that someone WILL get high rank (not myself that's for sure!). How did their chances get thrown out the window? Solution: Compensate them another 4* cover on top of the one they just earned to even things out right?
    It's a rare person who prefers a result in which another person ends up with one cover, and they end up with none, vs. an alternative in which the other person ends up with two and they end up with one. But hey, good for you, since I'm sure you'll get your desired outcome.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I just lost top 25 or better on the season, so let's not complain about silly PVE prizes... Joined S1 right after update... Awful...
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I just want to point out to the devs that OP said Please .
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another example of just how little testing these guys actually do. How do you miss something that effects an entire mobile platform?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to say that I agree with OP 100%. You need to gift a single Carnage cover to people affected by the outage. I don't know how to define "affected", but the most goodwill thing to do would just to give them to everyone (or at least everyone on the OSs affected).

Tokens are **** compensation, and should only be used for the smallest things (for example, server was down for an hour? Bam! Four Event Tokens. That's cool.), and I think that people should be able to opt in to a comparable amount of HP (so like 300HP?) in the event that Tokens are distributed on an individual basis.
  • They can't preemptively gift you stuff because there is a chance you might somehow place better later and it'd make no sense, to use an extreme example, if someone later finished #1 anyway and got 5 4* covers.

I'm starting to think they need to change the structure to be more similar to Ultron event. For example we know the bar is 1% of the population gets 3 4*s in a new 4* release PvE event. They have data for the typical score distribution of any event. They can simply set it so that the 3 4*s are at where top 1% percentile is via progression. From what I can tell people's playing time is limited so even if you make it a static number it's not like people will suddenly play ten times harder and you end up with 20% of the people getting those covers. This makes it a lot easier to recover from these situations because if there was an outage for 1 day out of 4 days, you can simply lower the threshold by 25% and you don't have to worry about if anybody somehow passed up another person due to outage. And even if it turns out say only 50% of the people were affected by outage of 1 day, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that you drop the threshold by 25% and end up with 10% people hitting the 3X4* progression, because if the server was out for a day that's the company's fault and you should pay for that and easy covers is one way to pay up. Obviously this would have to be limited to verifiable system outages, like back in Ultron event and the event now. Or they can just extend the event, and again in a progression only system you don't have to worry about the usual problems because if you were going to come in #1 anyway and they extend the event by 3 days, you should still hit the #1 equivalent threshold before the event ends so you can collect your covers and then you can just take the last 3 days off while whoever is genuinely affected by a 3 day outage still has a shot.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Could someone explain what the bug is?
    Not able to enter the game after choosing the slice?
    Game crashing in the middle of matches?
    Server outage?
    Is the bug still live?
    Does it affect all platforms or only one?

Edit: Nvm. I forgot there was a Bugs section in the forum icon_e_biggrin.gif Found the answer there
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:
    If you get anything it will be tokens. That's what they consider fair.

nah this is what will happen..

if you was not able to play please send in a ticket

4 weeks later you will get the responce

Since it effected everyone you get NOTHING ....
  • GothicKratos
    @slidecage: This isn't affecting everyone. It's affecting a specific part of their demographic (i.e. some iOS users). I guess they could say that, but that would be the most blatant pile of dog tinykitty in canine history.

The server outages did affect everyone (albeit not equally). I don't think they did the right thing by the outages compensation, but I can at least give them the credit of saying their logic is sound (but very consumer unfriendly).
  • The issue is one of fair competition. Since the playing field is not level because of this bug, why not simply discontinue the event until the bug is corrected?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    These guys need to get realistic about compensation and fast. Just logged into Heroes Charge and had a message in my box that said sorry about the half hour the game was unavailable, we had to perform urgent system maintenance because some players couldn't log in. Then they gave me 100 free gems. Didn't effect me at all but they made it right just in case for every player. How many times have I found it impossible to log in here? How many times has the game crashed mid-match to screw me out of points? How many tokens of mine have gone missing? I don't even know anymore. Didn't even bother putting in a ticket for all the Ultron server issues. What did I miss there? Got 4 tokens for that. They should have re-run the Black Panther DDQ but they are so afraid of anybody getting the tiniest smidgeon more than they would have that they'd rather sort through hundreds or thousands of tickets. Fair enough, I guess it don't take too long when all you do is copy and paste the ole "You Getting Nothing Thanks!" standard response.

It all comes back to what I've said several times. You don't like it, don't screw up. Nothing pisses people off more than ignoring their concerns and not giving good compensation for screw-ups.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not just Carnage. I have at least one team-mate missing out on the new DDQ covers: should be pretty easy to look and see they've gotten them all, then suddenly missed SW/Vision. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    @slidecage: This isn't affecting everyone. It's affecting a specific part of their demographic (i.e. some iOS users). I guess they could say that, but that would be the most blatant pile of dog tinykitty in canine history.

The server outages did affect everyone (albeit not equally). I don't think they did the right thing by the outages compensation, but I can at least give them the credit of saying their logic is sound (but very consumer unfriendly).

It is affecting everyone in a competitive alliance with affected members. AoB is almost always top 50+. With the people we have that can't play, we might miss alliance covers.
  • GothicKratos

It is affecting everyone in a competitive alliance with affected members. AoB is almost always top 50+. With the people we have that can't play, we might miss alliance covers.

I understand that. I was making a point to differentiate this situation to the (imo) poorly handled Ultron event (i.e. that this is not "everyone" being affected, but a group of players, so they can't say "this affected everyone so no comp").
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

how can you say their logic is fair when they go

Anyone with over 300k in the first round would be given the next QS cover..

I never get my cover so i file a ticket

responce i get back is

YOU DID NOT EARN IT YOUR NOT GETTING IT... and this has been going on for 6 weeks...game light is getting dimmer and dimmer and i think its almost time i shut it off for good. Game is a pure Pay to win now (look at PVP- you dont buy a shield there is no way your going to win)

Sad 7 months back the game was great and loved playing it.. Now its just a bored and a cry,
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    I just want to point out to the devs that OP said Please .
    BUT HE FORGOT THE CHERRY ON TOP!!!! icon_eek.gif

We're hosed icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GothicKratos
    @slidecage: Logic being sound is not the same as it being fair - which is why I also noted it was no consumer friendly.