Unforseen consiquence of boosted point scoring.

2»

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Do you guys think the increased points system is going to result in them readjusting the progression awards too since it seems people are able to hit 1000 a lot easier than before?

This may be there way to ease the 4* transition. It makes every PVP a mini deadpool, just without waves..

This has been my biggest fear so far but I hope you're right and keep it as is. So far I haven't needed any of the 1k prog rewards yet but once Kingpin, Prof X, IMHB start showing up I'll be a happy camper.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you guys think the increased points system is going to result in them readjusting the progression awards too since it seems people are able to hit 1000 a lot easier than before?

It's possible, but I think these changes were an answer to the fact that few were hitting it after the MMR changes, at least without the defense boosting. Have to say, it was personally fun to climb to 1000 unshielded for the first time ever in Marvel (best I did before was about 900-950).

Might see the 4* move back to 1100, but at the same time there's an influx of 4* characters in the game, so reducing the rarity/increased the ability to achieve may also be a design goal.

Like anything else in this game, the important thing is to take maximum advantage of the situations presented before they change. In other words, chase 1000 as much as possible now while it's an obtainable number, even if it means spending an extra shield for a weaker roster.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    here is my question to add.. I am currently hitting over 700 in every PVP (yay!) which my former cap used to be 600 or so (still guaranteeing top 100).. i finished last season with 5500 points.

I really need a red cover for IMHB, mine is at 0/3/3... i was going to see about merc'ing out at the end of the season..

is 6k or so going to be enough for anyone to take me so i can get the cover??

Can anyone give me an idea of what i am going to need for any T100 to take me as a merc for IMHB red?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    here is my question to add.. I am currently hitting over 700 in every PVP (yay!) which my former cap used to be 600 or so (still guaranteeing top 100).. i finished last season with 5500 points.

I really need a red cover for IMHB, mine is at 0/3/3... i was going to see about merc'ing out at the end of the season..

is 6k or so going to be enough for anyone to take me so i can get the cover??

Can anyone give me an idea of what i am going to need for any T100 to take me as a merc for IMHB red?

Hard to say because it's a new scoring system, so no historical data points. Probably easiest to compare it to seasons 10-11, before most of the recent changes. Here's a list of the averages through season 11: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20396&p=291625#p314300. The MMR led to it trending down in seasons 12-14, last season it was around 7k.

So I'd say you're looking at 8k minimum, might be closer to 8500-9000. That's just to replace someone not pulling weight. As a true merc, probably need 10k+ to really be enticing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    That said, if you're lower than that you might still be able to find a spot in an alliance that's not going to finish in the top 25 but is comfortably in the top 100, since there's no difference in rewards between 26th place and 100th, especially if you've got a good score to contribute in the final PvP event.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    That said, if you're lower than that you might still be able to find a spot in an alliance that's not going to finish in the top 25 but is comfortably in the top 100, since there's no difference in rewards between 26th place and 100th, especially if you've got a good score to contribute in the final PvP event.

All i want is a red HB cover... just 1 and i will be happy.. not having started bullseye yet, i am right at 1750, 300 in sim so far..
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If I can get an extra 3* cover and maybe a 4* cover for every or most events, I'll gladly take "only" T100.

You know, when you put it like that I actually agree completely.
    I guess I was thrown off by having such a high score and finishing 50th when I was used to aiming for top 25. I guess I need to shift my perception to reaching the 1000 progression and being happy with whatever 3* reward comes after that.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    If I can get an extra 3* cover and maybe a 4* cover for every or most events, I'll gladly take "only" T100.

You know, when you put it like that I actually agree completely.
    I guess I was thrown off by having such a high score and finishing 50th when I was used to aiming for top 25. I guess I need to shift my perception to reaching the 1000 progression and being happy with whatever 3* reward comes after that.
    I've never spent the hp to hop to 800, although I've hit 700-750 many times (some with 1 hop and some just on one push) and I'm going for 1000 this event. I never got to play with superXF but he's my best covered **** (1/2/1 - just got through my resupply covers) and I'd love to get him in the mix with my ***s. If I'm successful, I will try every event with xf, px, imhb, and kp, and 4hor (maybe fury). just don't know if Elektra, starlord or IW are worth it. I figure you have to take advantage while its here, although it'd be nice if I had more guys at the top of my roster.