Token pull travesty continued

2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ has become Daily Johnny Storm Quest for me. I have gotten enough of those covers for about 4 fully covered Tiny Torches in the last 2 weeks. Makes me ALMOST miss Moonstone.

Ares' Onslaught is a running joke between me and a friend of mine. I've pulled that cover so often that when my friend pulls it, he calls it the "DFiPL special."
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Got my heroic 10 pack, 9 2 stars, 1 Beast cover, yay!
  • And I finally got a 3* from a gold token. Woo hoo! I needed it as well.

Then I pulled a 3* from a taco in same day, so feeling a tad happier now. That's four 3* covers in 73 tokens. Hmm...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twombley wrote:
    And I finally got a 3* from a gold token. Woo hoo! I needed it as well.

Then I pulled a 3* from a taco in same day, so feeling a tad happier now. That's four 3* covers in 73 tokens. Hmm...

woot!
  • Today I opened a black hulkbuster from a regular token.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Today I opened a black hulkbuster from a regular token.

travesty!
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Today I opened a black hulkbuster from a regular token.

travesty!
    How dare you. I very rarely use women's clothes.
  • Xenoberyll
    Why are you dressing up as Veronica then? icon_e_wink.gif
  • I had 1 standard token - got a Gold Vision.

Most of my gold covers have been coming from DDQ. I'd say I usually get 1 or 2 gold covers a week from the Tacos. Had a bit of a drought a few weeks ago.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Most of my gold covers have been coming from DDQ. I'd say I usually get 1 or 2 gold covers a week from the Tacos. Had a bit of a drought a few weeks ago.

Blimey I got one gold taco the entire last cycle, I do seem to get above average in event tokens so it makes up for taco luck
  • Sigh...I was not going to post here until this just happened.

8 taco tokens.

8 straight moonstone covers.

icon_evil.gif
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    thought I posted to this earlier. Guess not. My pull rate on event tokens and tacos has been abysmal of late, but I've had reasonably good luck with standard tokens.

I don't get it either, but I've got probably 6 or 7 gold covers from standards in the last 10 days, and I don't think I have half that many gold covers from heroic/event/tacos in the last month.

I've been wondering if this is why the pull rates for standards aren't posted. I've also noticed that when I get a thoroughly abyssmal run of bad heroic pulls that I will pull a 3* from a standard. I've had weeks where I get more 3* from standards than from heroics.

So, perhaps the draw rates for standards improve when the heroic results fall too far below average? Can't have players too upset.
  • Xenoberyll
    Got a black Carnage from an Iso8 Token yesterday icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just opened my season 10 pack...and...the computer knows what is happening, for real.

I got one Invisible Woman, one Cap and one Blade. And my Cap and Blade are two of only four maxed covers already. So, in effect, only one cover useful, but at least it was a 4*, my first since the Xforce nerf.

Numbers now at:

3* = 7 (only 4 being needed).
    4* =1

Gold tokens opened = 87

And I have got three 3* from tacos, and one from standard tokens. Still don't think this is great for three seasons worth of rewards, but hey...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    been doing better lately too. 7 - 3* covers in the last 3 days from various tokens/rewards. i'm good with 2 per day. that's only really 1 from a token and 1 from ddq.

not too much to ask right?
  • I must be continuing to do something horribly wrong... icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

In the past 48 hours, I've gained roughly twenty cards. Of the twenty, I currently have nine to dump, three 2*s and six 1*s, bringing my grand total to approximately fourteen 1*s and six 2*s...

Tacos, Heroics, Standards, it doesn't seem to matter. 1*s and 2*s...

As I was writing this, I realized I remembered getting a 3* and a 4* from Standard Tokens, which seemed miraculous at the time. My seemingly obvious question would be, why doesn't D3 relegate 1*s to Standards and dramatically boost the 3* and 4* draw rates on everything else?

Of the 1000s of Standards I've won, none took more than a modest effort to get, so I wouldn't expect to get anything above 1*s. OTOH, NOTHING is more frustrating than actually working to win what is supposed to be a token with decent odds (Tacos, Heroics, Event) and end up with yet another 2*...

Side note, thank you DDQ for allowing me to win my first She-Hulk blueflag.png ! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Three of my last four 10-packs have given me 9 2* and a single 3* that I couldn't use.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    My luck has changed the last couple of days. Instead of getting exclusively Moonstone from Heroics and event tokens I am now seeing an even spread between 2* Daken, Ares and Modern Hawkeye.

Yay for diversity!
  • Event tokens and DDQ tokens seem to be the most volatile returns in the game. I have had runs where every other token pays off, and lately I've been getting nothing. I had a good run going for a while where every 15-20k ISO in standard tokens would net me a 3* or two, so I was dropping ISO on standards as I got it. Lately I haven't pulled anything of particular value or use from the majority of event tokens. My 10 pack pulls have been consistently my worst source of covers in the game, this season was better than my last two combined because I pulled a 4*, not a good one mind you, but a Star Lord cover is at least a 4*.

I've been getting annoyed recently because I finally decided to bank my taco tokens for the weeks that I need, and turning in 20+ tokens wouldn't yield anything beyond 2*s. It's really depressing to hear that it could still be getting worse.