Token pull travesty continued

Well, here we are again. My figures for 3* star covers from reward tokens continues unabated.

I have now opened 67 gold tokens in a row, including the 10 pack from the previous season, and gained just three 3* covers. And no 4*, obviously.

If we discount the 10 pack (which gave me two), that is ONE 3* cover from 57 reward tokens. That does not match up really, and it absolutely awful. I know it's all luck, and etc etc, but good grief.

It was a lot better before the so-called improvement in pull rates. Good job I didn't buy any of these tokens. Can you imagine? Buying 7 ten-packs and getting hardly anything to show for it? Suckers that do...

Comments

• I think I got all your luck for non-taco tokens. I have pulled on average a 3-4* every third pull from a non-taco token. I HATE taco tokens. I have been playing DDP since day one and have received ONE gold cover and it was 1000hp. Never pulled the 250hp token either, but meh.
  • You must've pissed off the RNG gods or something. icon_cry.gif

Since the changes they made I haven't gotten less than 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png from a 10 pack & my 40 pack today netted me 9 star.pngstar.pngstar.png and 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png !

Hope your luck changes cause that is just a total buzzkill experience.
    I'm hoping the star.pngstar.pngstar.png you got wasn't the first one you opened. icon_lol.gif

They should implement a fail-safe like D3 had in which the player not getting a Legendary item drop, slowly had their drop rate increase over time until the player finally got something.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    edited June 2015
    Pull rates will fluctuate a lot. 1 in 57 seems drastic. When they increased 3* pull rates (They announced it, don't know if it was implemented) I was pulling a gold covers very frequently, since it's dropped a bit but it's still been acceptable.

Taco Tokens are a completely different story however. The first couple weeks it started I'd get a gold token, maybe every 2 or 3 days (sometimes even 2 a day), including about 1500hp within the first 2 or 3 weeks. Then it just stopped and gold tokens have been once every couple of weeks at best since (of course odds are lower if some days I only get one taco). Haven't got any HP since the first couple of weeks though.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry you are having such bad luck. Event tokens and Heroics have been extra kind to me over the past month. Sure i didn't need some of the covers, but i am at about 50% on gold draws.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Meh, Im on a rough streak myself. Cashed in my Tacos.....and only pulled the 250 HP four times, never the big HP. Not sure the total Tacos possible so far, but no way the HP ive gained offsets the MANY roster slots Ive chosen to buy to keep up. As for covers, of my most recent 90, I pulled FIVE 3*s.....of which one was usable for me.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Thanks fellas, I really don't understand why this is so bad. Picked up two more gold tokens since posting, one from PvP 300 score and one from Alliance PvE score and...

Yep, another two **** 2*s.

Seriously, I am likely to self-combust if I win another Ares from getting a 650 PvP score.

That is now 3 decent covers from 69 tokens. I will keep,posting, because I want someone in D3 to see how bad this can be for people.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    My longest streak of Heroic/Event tokens without hitting gold is 50something. It sucks, it's infuriating but there's people with worse streaks. The droprates have improved but Tacos still suck.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    thought I posted to this earlier. Guess not. My pull rate on event tokens and tacos has been abysmal of late, but I've had reasonably good luck with standard tokens.

I don't get it either, but I've got probably 6 or 7 gold covers from standards in the last 10 days, and I don't think I have half that many gold covers from heroic/event/tacos in the last month.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    thought I posted to this earlier. Guess not. My pull rate on event tokens and tacos has been abysmal of late, but I've had reasonably good luck with standard tokens.

I don't get it either, but I've got probably 6 or 7 gold covers from standards in the last 10 days, and I don't think I have half that many gold covers from heroic/event/tacos in the last month.

Totally cursed with event tokens. Always have been. Better luck with standards lately also but unfortunately started pulling gold dupes. Drew my 1st two gold token dupes yesterday. Deadpool black and sentry red.

Had two before via pve progression and deadpool but at least you know that it is coming.

Darn gold dupes are such a buzz kill.
  • DFiPL
    mr_X wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Totally cursed with event tokens. Always have been. Better luck with standards lately also but unfortunately started pulling gold dupes. Drew my 1st two gold token dupes yesterday. Deadpool black and sentry red.

Had two before via pve progression and deadpool but at least you know that it is coming.

Darn gold dupes are such a buzz kill.

I just got my first gold cover from a taco (on PC) in a long damn time: Rage of the Panther.

Me gusta.
  • 106 tokens... zero gold. The Standards I can tolerate, but the Heroics? The Tacos?

That's some awesomely bad luck.

DBC
  • Two more gold tokens won today, two more 2* ****.

That is now three gold covers from 71 gold reward tokens. Pitiful.

And now that the game crashes on me every time I play, I lost out on PvE covers I would easily have won. So minus two covers for that pile of steaming turd D3 calls Patch 77.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    went on a decent run with 250 hp from tacos. got about 4-6 within a 2 week span.

can't remember the last time i got a 3/4 star cover from any token pull though.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    This is getting stupid now. Last three golds pulled have been dupes. Sentry 5,2,2, Dead pool 5,3,2 She hulk 1,3,5

Pulled the dupe gold on each one. Seriously unlucky. Wander what the odds of that happening is.

Although the other week I did pull two falcons back to back from standards which was nice.

Hopefully my dupe run ends soon and I move onto a four star run. Now that would be cool.
  • DFiPL
    jredd wrote:
    went on a decent run with 250 hp from tacos. got about 4-6 within a 2 week span.

can't remember the last time i got a 3/4 star cover from any token pull though.

I could use some of that. I just got my first Invisible Woman daily reward cover, and while I'd like to roster her, that's an extra 700 HP I don't have right now, especially since I'm trying to make room for Captain Marvel (3).
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Like I said before, they need to implement a 3*-4* token bracket. Sure it would cost more to get the tokens, but at least that would help out a lot of people trying to get any 4* characters like myself. They could make this special token a 650 or 800 award in pvp events. At least it doesn't feel like you are wasting your life for a 2* anything when you have maxed them all out.
  • 120+ tokens later... a icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png .

Sad thing is, I should have been excited, but at this point I was more incredulous than anything...

Meh. Yay me.

DBC
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, after getting next to nothing for 3-4 weeks, got a hulkbuster blue and a scarlet witch green today.

woot!
  • I am very sorry about your bad luck... I have been there. I am currently on a run since the last day that Psylocke was the DDQ featured character, in which I have gotten MANY 3 stars out of the taco tokens. Sometimes 2 in a day. Prior to that I had gotten maybe 1/40 as a 3 star. Luck can be a very cruel mistress for sure. They really do need to implement some kind of fail safe luck increaser... or kill the RNG completely.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    DDQ has become Daily Johnny Storm Quest for me. I have gotten enough of those covers for about 4 fully covered Tiny Torches in the last 2 weeks. Makes me ALMOST miss Moonstone.