Who are the Characters in PVP that Make you Press the Skip B

Gagutz
Gagutz Posts: 104
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Most intimidating characters in PVP?

Curious what characters you would most likely press that skip button (not worth your time, chance of losing, ect)

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Just one. Hood.
  • JustDan13
    JustDan13 Posts: 67
    Currently?
      - Maxed Cage and Iron Fist as a pair - Professor X with any of the tile cascade creators - Deadpool (most of the time) - LCap paired with Hood
    • - Maxed Hulkbuster and Iron Fist as a pair - Professor X - Hood - Falcon and Blade/Daken/ProfX (seems crazy right? Still tinykitty to you falcon)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone always puts up the "no one, if they are worth enough points".

Hood and I bring my Hood rather than skip.

I also usually skip IF/Cage (esp 5 red) just because it's going to take longer and you know you'll be losing a bunch of life no matter what you do. If it's an equivalent pointed Spidey + purple user or CMags + no other yellow user, I'll sometimes skip them for time reasons.

Most good high leveled 4*'s (250+) if paired right, since it shows "covered right" and high health. [XF not in that anymore, I see XF and it's an invitation to attack - what a terrible character now.]
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since i am still transitioning, any max 4* team, or maxed featured + hood
  • Gagutz
    I am surprised with the amount of people that would skip Hood.

Just getting some ideas and feedback on the best teams to keep in on defense... (without the factor of boosted characters)

Or while making a run that you could prevent getting hit a few times before the shielding stage.
  • The new 4*
  • Gagutz
    Anyone have any information on Carnage and the New 4*?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gagutz wrote:
    Anyone have any information on Carnage and the New 4*?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30336
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gagutz wrote:

Just getting some ideas and feedback on the best teams to keep in on defense... (without the factor of boosted characters)

Or while making a run that you could prevent getting hit a few times before the shielding stage.

I'm surprised also. If someone is running maxed buffed main but unbuffed Hood - that Hood is going down fast.

I love running Hood + DP (to protect him) + LT (there's the real threat, but you can't go to heavy here first) as my sim team. But I'm going IF/Cage/KK soon - need two more covers to rock that annoying sim team.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Everyone always puts up the "no one, if they are worth enough points".

Because that's pretty much it. If you're worth enough, nothing is safe.

For old 25 now 38 point matches, I'll tend to skip Fist just because it's often not worth eating the damage. (though in upcoming Grocket, I'll have to no problem eating said damage). I will skip Hood unless I have a quick strike character in tow.

But really there's no one super scary on defense, it's mostly about who is the biggest pain in the tush to chew through, and how many health packs do I have left and thus how much risk can I take.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Just one. Hood.
    Pretty much this.

I'll fight hood vs hood all day long but trying to down him quick with boosts has frequently led to major pain and sometimes even retreats. I may only require 2 red matches or a single purple+black match to down him but all too often I'll get starting boards that are NOT helpful. At this point enemy hood will just sap away my AP boosts and give the enemy team a significant head start. Even if I'm able to then dispatch hood inside 4 or 5 turns the fact remains that I'll be eating multiple enemy skills.

The potential for incoming skill damage is just higher when fighting against hood given the random nature of this game.

Runners Up:
    She-Hulk - Similar to hood but harder to kill. The potential for things to wrong here aren't as high but if they do it's devastating.
    Xavier - He's usually meaningless but bad RNG can lead to multiple match 5's and game over. I'll still often battle Xavier but he does give me pause on occasion.
  • I used to skip a lot of characters before I started checking out their roster and seeing how the character I'm scared of is actually covered.

I will almost always skip Hood. Sometimes Hulk depending on his partner and level.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tend to skip maxed teams and buffed 3 stars over 200.

I look for featured loaners, and mid level 3*, and will take on buffed 2*.

I only have 1 lvl 166 character, several at 120, but not that many are max covered. Still have to be selective. Every time I try to take on bigger teams I end up eating it... partially thanks to ai cascades, partially due to just not being strong enough.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Gagutz wrote:

I'm surprised also. If someone is running maxed buffed main but unbuffed Hood - that Hood is going down fast.

I love running Hood + DP (to protect him) + LT (there's the real threat, but you can't go to heavy here first) as my sim team. But I'm going IF/Cage/KK soon - need two more covers to rock that annoying sim team.

You don't need Deadpool to protect Hood, you need Luke Cage.

From my experience, Hood goes down to regular attacks much faster than he goes down to special attacks.

I do like using boosted Gamora to take down unboosted Hood though. Make a couple of red matches and Hood is going to drop like a bag of hammers.

Hood on offense does a much better job of preventing Defensive special abilities from firing than Hood on defense does at preventing Offensive special abilities from firing. This is because the AI picks up a couple AP here and a couple AP there, whereas you tend to deplete the board of one or two important colors, largely preventing Hood from taking anything.

Hood is way too squishy to make him a great D choice, unless you have Luke Cage keeping him alive. Deadpool only really works to prevent boosted match attacks or strike tile boosted match damage. IMHO, fwiw.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    babinro wrote:
    ...At this point enemy hood will just sap away my AP boosts and give the enemy team a significant head start...

Using AP boosts against the Hood is asking for trouble.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    ...At this point enemy hood will just sap away my AP boosts and give the enemy team a significant head start...

Am I supposed to believe that people are shield hopping against teams with hood at scores of 1200 plus without using a single AP boost?

Seems to me they'd get sniped hard if they did that.

Your point is a fair one during the low point climb but boosts are essentially mandatory to make progress later on. And since most people seem to happily take on teams with hood I would have to assume they do so with boosts as well.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'll fight anything for 75 points icon_lol.gif

If there's no Cage on the other end IF takes care of Hood decently quickly. Just be smart with matches and be wary of cascades
  • So, it goes in tiers:

Prox X & Devil Dino together 1000% of the time.

I will usually skip Hood matchups unless my Hood is ready to go.

Iron Fist is usually a skip unless I found a high value target at the end of my session.

Other than that, it's a cost benefit analysis against who the team is versus the points offered.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    babinro wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Am I supposed to believe that people are shield hopping against teams with hood at scores of 1200 plus without using a single AP boost?

Seems to me they'd get sniped hard if they did that.

Your point is a fair one during the low point climb but boosts are essentially mandatory to make progress later on. And since most people seem to happily take on teams with hood I would have to assume they do so with boosts as well.

I always use a full set of iso boosts +2 r/y +2 g/blk +2purp/blue when hopping.
    Honestly between the change to a max of only two of each boost and the health nerf to Hood; all Hood (and Loki) teams are my juiciest targets. Now I guess I know why since a significant segment of the player base runs away from him.
    If you have a roster capable of playing for top placements you have the ability to take out Hood before he does much damage to you and even if you get a bad board while boosted it is the equivalent of having a few loki cds on the board. The risk is minimal to immediately shifting the match odds in your favor by downing him in three or four turns.
    At least in the last two PvP's C.Marv and Falcon I don't think I saw any Hood teams at all now that I think about it. Lots and lots of if/cage/hb/cmags/ht/lcap but almost no Hood. Perhaps there won't be that many out there to be scared of any more.