so that Hulkbuster essential in the "Won't Stop" sub

2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    But everyone else is in the same boat. So everyone is equally disadvantaged.
    Which means it all comes down to luck, which is not how it ought to be.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I haven't hit this yet. However, I did want to point out that they have the character with the best stun and the character with the cheapest stun boosted in this event. I don't see how any match with two goons could be that hard.
  • simonsez
    I haven't hit this yet. However, I did want to point out that they have the character with the best stun and the character with the cheapest stun boosted in this event. I don't see how any match with two goons could be that hard.
    It's not the goons that make it hard, it's the active character getting fed by those goons. Come on, if you've ever played something like the Torch/Snipers node, it's silly to say "two goons can't be that hard"
  • I don't think the problem is the actual team set up but rather the way PVE is set up. Many of you mentioned how for a ONE-TIME challenge its perfectly fine, but the problem comes at the end when you need to grind the nodes to 0. And that's where the problem is: it shouldn't be in a way where you need to sit there and keep playing the same thing over and over and over... If I remember correctly the devs had said that they are removing aspects of the game where people could just "farm" them (I wasn't here when true healing existed but I remember reading that that's one of the reasons why the devs removed true healing cause people had farmed the system). I also remember reading once devs mentioning how they don't want us to just do the same repetitive things because it gets unpleasant and boring. Well changing the characters in PVE is a step in the right direction but right now an entire change to PVE is needed because the grindfest at the end becomes VERY unpleasant and boring.

Kinda the reason why I stopped PVE altogether. Just my 2 cents.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    thought it was a very easy nod, just bring Kamala in get her the 12 green and everyone is dead
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    thought it was a very easy nod, just bring Kamala in get her the 12 green and everyone is dead

This node makes me wish i had a red for my IMHB. he is sitting at 0/3/3... 1 or 2 reds and you can 1 shot KP..

in the mean time , kamala is owning this board.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    It's not the goons that make it hard, it's the active character getting fed by those goons. Come on, if you've ever played something like the Torch/Snipers node, it's silly to say "two goons can't be that hard"

Oh sure. I'm saying that in this particular event, we're given the two best tools to deal with it.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not too bad, you can pretty much 1-shot Kingpin with 5 red hulkbuster if red/black heavy. If board is green/purple heavy, kamala will get you close and can finish him before countdown tiles resolve. Usually you will eat one Kingpin black, but after that no problems.

"It's not too bad you can pretty much 1-shot Kingpin if you've got covers in another 4*"

ahahahaha

I just tackled it a second time because, well, I had hit the refresh on the nodes I know I can tolerate and won't be playing for another 8 hours until health packs and such regenerate, so why not?

Brought Storm, Panther and Hulkbuster (the last just for sheer health; he only has a single black cover so he's effectively useless to me as a character unless I have a damage-dealing red user for whom I can sacrifice HB's health for ammo). I figured if I could get blues quickly enough, Storm could stun Kingpin to keep him quiet and I could work on the others.

As soon as she had 8 blue the board mysteriously stopped spawning blue. Meanwhile, Kingpin spammed yellow SEVEN TIMES. I took down the Hitman thinking one of the sniper rifle tiles on the board was his (nope; KP). I used Wind Storm once I FINALLY got it. Except, whoops, I stunned the muscle instead of Kingpin.

****' baldies...

Panther'd died by then so I didn't have RotP available to me, but I did pop a Lightning Storm to take out Kingpin finally. It was cleanup after that.

But, y'know, gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to give Kingpin the finger and when to walk away.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok, so on the last node of the sub - if they end up with 30 ap after turn 1 and kp throws pawns on turn 2, you're screwed.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I walked over it the first time, got a bunch of reds and just murdered kingpin within a few moves. Didn't think anything of it.

Tried it today and realised "What the heck!? This node is broken as hell!"
    Bunch of countdown timers then getting poked to death.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Use stormneto. Mag purple to get rid of cd tiles and fuel wind storm. Can also boost 2 blue/purple if necessary.
  • simonsez
    Over the long term, it definitely is not about luck.
    There is no "long term" when you're doing a final grind. It's just 5 clears. And if your opponents are lv300+, the chances are excellent that at least one those tries is going to give you a board that will end up with your team being wiped. And if there are 2 or 3 nodes that are set up the same way, anyone with a developed roster is totally screwed. You'll be dominated by people with **** rosters who naively wonder, "Why don't you just use stormneto? Works great for me"
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

This node makes me wish i had a red for my IMHB. he is sitting at 0/3/3... 1 or 2 reds and you can 1 shot KP..

in the mean time , kamala is owning this board.

I don't have that many KK green covers, but her Yellow is maxed. I've been using her with BP and LCap and her Yellow has saved the day many times over and allowed me to eke out wins over those abominable nodes.
  • I've had Steve Rogers tank the cd tiles and use his red shield to take KP down fast. Kamala's doing a good job supporting him with her heals and her aoe, her stretching ability helps to form cascades so I could match the cd tiles every now and then.

It's just the same like that Hood node with goons feeding him yellow, you gotta take him down fast before he uses his twin pistols.