so that Hulkbuster essential in the "Won't Stop" sub

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
really?

**** really?

"Here let's have Kingpin and then give him goons to feed him yellows so he can spawn his thugs EVERY **** TURN.

Three questions:

1) has anybody here actually managed to stay alive long enough to beat that node using anything but Deadpool's I-win button?

2) did anybody in QA actually test that node before giving the thumbs up on the event? Did anybody raise an alarm and say "whoa, hey, this is kinda **** up"? Were they even listened to? That node alone has me seriously considering just calling it a day on the rest of the PVE. If I'm going to be boned out of an essential I actually have because everybody is dead inside of five turns, why should I continue to grind to chase that Panther cover?

I mean, I know somebody posted a poll with a "the board looks so pretty" option but I THOUGHT THEY WERE BEING CHEEKY I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS AN ACTUAL **** UP THING THAT SOMEBODY WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO LET OUT THE DOOR

jesus wept

Comments

• ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    The last node is the same, except with 2* Bullseye in place of Hitman.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    It is doable. Did it last night and again to day with Kamala + L cap, but it is a pain.

Twice today the CPU got gifted good starting cascades which in combination with the feeders ended the match before it had really begun. The last node is even worse.

Either stun him or dispose of him quickly.

Coming to see heroics as nothing more than a health pack suck intended to increase sales of consumables.

Really miss the original puzzle quest games
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X wrote:
    It is doable. Did it last night and again to day with Kamala + L cap, but it is a pain.

Twice today the CPU got gifted good starting cascades which in combination with the feeders ended the match before it had really begun. The last node is even worse.

Either stun him or dispose of him quickly.

Coming to see heroics as nothing more than a health pack suck intended to increase sales of consumables.

Really miss the original puzzle quest games

Had Kamala along but I got **** on the board and didn't have the AP to fire *any* powers before he killed her off. The entire fight lasted like six turns. It was his 2nd spam of yellow that finished the fight.

I'm not going back to it. Fighting a 4* who gets his own matches + goon feeds so he can spam his 4* abilities ain't fun. Give him companions who move the board but don't feed him yellow, and it's a challenge I'd take on.

Kingpin + yellow goons = hey bend over and put your wallet in your hip pocket please this won't take long

Oh well. Hopefully I can stay close enough to my target with the refreshes that I can still get the Panther cover.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    5th node is Kingpin plus 2 teisatsus. All the do is feed his black. If he can get enough yellow he'll wipe out my team in 3-4 turns. No countdown tile going off.

I'm not even sure the Turn to Smoke bug is fixed yet, so targeting his feeders first doesn't seem like a sound plan either. Feels like **** to me.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    1) has anybody here actually managed to stay alive long enough to beat that node using anything but Deadpool's I-win button?
    It's doable if the board is ok, but the problem is, if you're trying to grind it at the end of the sub, you're not going to get 4 or 5 ok boards in a row, and you're going to lose 3 guys every time it's not. This hurts especially in a heroic, where the rosters are so limited.

This is what the white knights who engage in knee-jerk trolling and shilling don't understand. Challenges are fine, but for people who are actually trying to play an event competitively, this type of node doesn't let you do it, unless you plan on buying a lot of health packs. The people complaining about this are anti-P2W, not anti-challenge.
  • mr_X
    simonsez wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    It's doable if the board is ok, but the problem is, if you're trying to grind it at the end of the sub, you're not going to get 4 or 5 ok boards in a row, and you're going to lose 3 guys every time it's not. This hurts especially in a heroic, where the rosters are so limited.

This is what the white knights who engage in knee-jerk trolling and shilling don't understand. Challenges are fine, but for people who are actually trying to play an event competitively, this type of node doesn't let you do it, unless you plan on buying a lot of health packs. The people complaining about this are anti-P2W, not anti-challenge.

Exactly being able to compete effectively should be down to skill and strategy and not wholly dependent on luck.

Unless you are buying health packs a few bad boards in the last few hours can effectively finish you.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easily finished with Kamala + spidey, stunned KP quite a bit, making sure to take him out first.. kamala basically one shots the goons.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

First time I tried that node it cleaned my clock. After turn 3 or 4 Kingpin was firing off Maggia Pawns about 2 out of 3 turns (he got it off twice in a row, missed one, then got it off twice in a row again.) It was murder.

Second and third time I did it, I managed to get a good board and win pretty quickly (they were 100 levels below my characters, after all.) The second time the AI decided to place a yellow tile rather than save for Kingpin's yellow - this helped a lot.

I'll agree, I want to give whatever smart guy who came up with this board a swift kick in the tinykitty. Sure, for a once-in-a-while challenge it's interesting, but the essentials are the best source of reliable points - they beg to be ground. Not making them grindable really throws a monkey wrench into PVE strategy.

Glad I don't care about this one.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Easily finished with Kamala + spidey, stunned KP quite a bit, making sure to take him out first.. kamala basically one shots the goons.

This is exactly what I did. I focused only on matching blue/green and kept KP stunned the entire time. When Kamala finally had enough green everyone died together.
  • simonsez
    Malcrof wrote:
    Another example of how scaling is such a f'd up joke. My goons have 8k and 12k health. My kamala can't even two-shot the latter, much less one-shot him. If you're using kamala, and I'm using kamala, we shouldn't be seeing a level of difficulty that's so wildly different.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Another example of how scaling is such a f'd up joke. My goons have 8k and 12k health. My kamala can't even two-shot the latter, much less one-shot him. If you're using kamala, and I'm using kamala, we shouldn't be seeing a level of difficulty that's so wildly different.

I am not scaled quite that high. My goons had 6k and 10k, but I killed them first and just left KP alone stunned in the corner. He would get about two consecutive casts of his yellow then never play another turn. It's frustrating, but its better than the Juggernaught levels where he is guaranteed to one shot one of my guys before I can start stun locking him.
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

My Kamala is only level 130, what level is yours? My highest non boosted is 154 (2 of them), then 3@ 130, and 10 at 127
  • Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

My Kamala is only level 130, what level is yours? My highest non boosted is 154 (2 of them), then 3@ 130, and 10 at 127

multiple max 166 and a couple 4*'s over 200. The scaling is based on your entire roster, not just the available characters (which would make more sense)
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

But everyone else is in the same boat. So everyone is equally disadvantaged.

Also, is it my imagination, or are significantly more goon feeder nodes lately?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    did that one with mnmags/cap/hb (-/1/1). I got enough red/blue to down kp one turn before his cds started going off. decent board - no red but purple and black out there. hb took a finger to the chest but survived enough to feed cap twice. and was able to cast mags purple once. then had enough to get shields going. kp cast his yellow twice and had a crapload of stuff out there when he went down.
  • mr_X
    Wish I had Spidey now he sounds like a great option. Only used him in the prologue but If I remember right he has a quick stun which would be really useful.

Trusty Steve Rogers is great but it does take awhile to get his shields up and spinning
  • Malcrof
    traedoril wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

multiple max 166 and a couple 4*'s over 200. The scaling is based on your entire roster, not just the available characters (which would make more sense)

Yah, i see why yours are so much higher.. my 2 154's are excluded from this PVE (3Thor and Doom), so the enemies are a touch harder, but boosted Kamala is still getting it done.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    traedoril wrote:

Yah, i see why yours are so much higher.. my 2 154's are excluded from this PVE (3Thor and Doom), so the enemies are a touch harder, but boosted Kamala is still getting it done.
    this is why I don't think I'm leveling any more at the top end for quite a while. one high damage dealer and a high support guy and everyone else held at 104. my thug on the last node still had 10K health. but by the time I was working on him, I had cap's shields going.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    It's not too bad, you can pretty much 1-shot Kingpin with 5 red hulkbuster if red/black heavy. If board is green/purple heavy, kamala will get you close and can finish him before countdown tiles resolve. Usually you will eat one Kingpin black, but after that no problems.
  • simonsez
    Malcrof wrote:
    My Kamala is only level 130, what level is yours?