Brace Yourself New 4* Coming

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    If that character is who I think it is, that's extremely juvenile to make him a 4*.

That's worse than making Gambit or Wesker or any other 90s fad a 4*.

So immature.....
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    If that character is who I think it is, that's extremely juvenile to make him a 4*.

That's worse than making Gambit or Wesker or any other 90s fad a 4*.

So immature.....

Pretty sure its less about caring what character it is and more about him killing both teams for 7 red AP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you had a level 270 one of those with 5 red covers, would you ever need to shield in PVP?

I mean, nobody's going to risk that fight, right?
  • Your link infected my forum with the old board style. Didn't even notice at first.
  • 1) Please, oh please, don't be Carnage!

2) D3, please rethink that red power....
  • this guy is total nerf bait.

also, why on earth are they coming out with a 4* carnage (many are indicating it is) while spidey remains a benchwarmer??

BUFF SPIDEY NOW.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I mean, nobody's going to risk that fight, right?
    Hoppers gonna hop
  • unco_dan wrote:
    this guy is total nerf bait.

also, why on earth are they coming out with a 4* carnage (many are indicating it is) while spidey remains a benchwarmer??

BUFF SPIDEY NOW.
    4* Spiderman to counter?
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    New 4* cover for the next event?!?! Oh boy! Can't wait to get another green 3* Storm cover with my top 150 finish!

• I think the devs should take note of the dread that greets every new 4* release and think about whether they want to do anything to mix up their gameplan regarding 4*s.

In any case, what are the odds the character gets nerfed before they're even released? I'd put it at about 50/50.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think the devs should take note of the dread that greets every new 4* release and think about whether they want to do anything to mix up their gameplan regarding 4*s.

In any case, what are the odds the character gets nerfed before they're even released? I'd put it at about 50/50.

I think that may be the point of character previews, we get to give out pros and cons , and if they think a change is needed, it goes in before we use the character. So it would not be a nerf, as the character did not exist prior.

Or would you rather they wait until loads have it, have spent hp on covers and iso leveling it, then change it? Because that always works out well for them doesn't it.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Or would you rather they wait until loads have it, have spent hp on covers and iso leveling it, then change it? Because that always works out well for them doesn't it.

I'm not saying nerfing him before release would be a bad thing - it probably would be a good thing. But many of the pre-release nerfs (think Quicksilver) have been overnerfs, and I'd rather they not make OP characters to begin with. And I'd prefer they slow down the 4*s even more. It's only been about a month since Hulkbuster, and he came out like two weeks after Kingpin. They're releasing them too fast.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I'm not saying nerfing him before release would be a bad thing - it probably would be a good thing. But many of the pre-release nerfs (think Quicksilver) have been overnerfs, and I'd rather they not make OP characters to begin with. And I'd prefer they slow down the 4*s even more. It's only been about a month since Hulkbuster, and he came out like two weeks after Kingpin. They're releasing them too fast.

Double edged sword here, in the Q&A's, so many people were begging for new 4*'s and ways to get more 4*'s, so here they are releasing 4*'s and people are like WHOA stop with all the 4*s!!

I think they have something in the works to help with the 4* transition, even if it is just a roided up copy of DDQ. But to do this, and not have it become stale, they would need a solid bank of 4*s to put out there.
  • People were begging for more 4*s? What was wrong with them? Was it one of those post-concussion injuries?

I get wanting more covers for the existing ones, but releasing new 4*s makes getting anybody complete much harder.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    people were begging for new 4*'s and ways to get more 4*'s...
    It'd be great to have more ways to get what we have (that's why ddq is brilliantly set up for ***s). the only ones begging for new 4s are whales and vets with maxxed rosters with nothing else to play for. I'm ok with them getting more ****s but when you make everyone have them for pve, and keep high roster costs... not very player friendly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    so many people were begging for new 4*'s
    Name one
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think the devs should take note of the dread that greets every new 4* release and think about whether they want to do anything to mix up their gameplan regarding 4*s.

Folks liked the release of HB. That's what devs should notice. [edit: outside of obvious server issues and over-estimates of ability to defeat final Ultron node.]

Release 4* only as often as you release new content, that would be about a perfect speed.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh goody, another week long grindfest for a slim chance at another character I'll never max out.

icon_neutral.gif
  • unco_dan wrote:
    this guy is total nerf bait.

BUFF SPIDEY NOW.
    4*spidey already coming
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    So I don't know if the PvP scoring will remain the same and I really don't know if the devs will keep the progressions where they are.
    But they should if they are serious about making a 4* transition easier.

Hitting 1000 and getting a 4*prog still requires a pretty decent roster and some effort. That should be helpful to getting the covers people need to start leveling up the 4*'s. The bottleneck will be the iso necessary to get them to ~200 which is where they become useful.

I would suggest that with the pace of 4* release concurrent with higher scoring in PvP and a 1000pt. 4*prog award they have produced a three times a week version of DDQ for 4*'s. If you have the strength and depth in roster you have the opportunity to add three per week.

Even I've given up complaining about it and learned to live with it.