[POLL]A new low in PvE?

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    he cast yellow twice, and I barely got him down before any went off and luckily he didn't have black at the time. so, all went well for my first clear. if it scales much I might be screwed.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Pylgrim wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Sorely missing the option "Whenever I find one challenging node, I need to run crying to mommy that the bad men at Demiurge are being meanies to me!"

Honestly, I've had it with you. I've been reading your posts for several months now, and I really can't understand how you're still alive and haven't died of suffocation after sucking so hard on the Devs ****$s that surely your nose and mouth are non-functional due to the suction!

All you do is REAM anyone who has even the the slightest negativity towards the development team. Cmon, be honest, are you being paid in HPs?! Did they promise you that they'd make Moonstone a real contender?! Whatever it is, I'm sure I speak for most of everyone else in this community, please give your Dev-love a rest. If you want to contribute, please do so without belittling anyone else who doesn't see eye-to-eye eith every decision the Devs make.

Btw, to any mods that read this...if there was still a downvotes I would have just selected that!

Anyhow, I'm off to dissect my vacuum...so maybe I can figure out a super secret way to separate Pylgrim from the Devs butts (they must feel like they have the worst case of hemorrhoids...EVER!).

Hahah, this is fair enough. My forum persona is one that treats people the way they treat others, so I am not going to complain when someone treats me the way I treat them. However, if you were really paying attention to all those posts you read, you surely would have seen that I only ream those who ream others (especially the devs, yes, because they are undeniably the most reamed people in these forums.) If others seem fit to direct caustic snark, inflammatory continuous whining, and actual insults towards a group of total strangers, they surely should be able to handle the same stuff when it is directed at them. simonsez, for example is absolutely great at handling that stuff as exemplified by that impeccable playground-level reversal he just pulled on me.

You surely have also seen posts were I agree (or politely disagree) with people whom I usually butt heads with when the occasion merits it or even apologise if I am factually wrong, or upvote them when they make good posts; I hold no vendettas. (Admittedly this has never happened with simonsez; we literally don't agree on anything at all, except maybe, the level of contempt with which we publicly treat each other.) I also hold criticism against the devs in areas where I believe it's warranted, I am just not obnoxiously loud or vitriolic.

Anyway, disregard all that; as I said, it is okay to hate me as the haters' hater. It is well deserved.
    You guys don't understand, this man isn't the childish ahole his posts make him sound like. That's his forum persona. We're watching a master thespian at work here, the magic of turning a regular, genius actor into a random brown nosing buffoon.

Everyone snap your fingers in appreciation.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    I had 0 issues with this node, Kamala, IMHB (who is still at 0/3/3) and Spidey. Stun KP, get green and purple for KK, her green boosted 1 shot the goons, Kp went down easily... i see no problem at all. With the KP, BE, Goon feeder final node, KK, Spidey, Ms. Marvel (boosted to 150), her red and black made this even easier than the essential.

What levels are the characters for you? That can make a big difference.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I had 0 issues with this node, Kamala, IMHB (who is still at 0/3/3) and Spidey. Stun KP, get green and purple for KK, her green boosted 1 shot the goons, Kp went down easily... i see no problem at all. With the KP, BE, Goon feeder final node, KK, Spidey, Ms. Marvel (boosted to 150), her red and black made this even easier than the essential.

What levels are the characters for you? That can make a big difference.

In the essential? 100, so basically 1st wave big enchilada goons. In Won't Stop.. level 194.. think it scaled some since i beat it.. it is almost worth full points again.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yeeaaa....When your nodes look like this:

zH53q5Bk.jpg

Then we can have a conversation about what is and isn't tinykitty in regards to scaling...

I will concede, however, that this one is slightly less painful than the essential where KP is being fed yellow by 2 goons instead of one...
  • tanis3303 wrote:

zH53q5Bk.jpg

Then we can have a conversation about what is and isn't tinykitty in regards to scaling...

I will concede, however, that this one is slightly less painful than the essential where KP is being fed yellow by 2 goons instead of one...

That picture makes me wanna quit before I even get to that point icon_mad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Look at the bright side: it could've looked like this:

qUBvEjQV.png
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    You guys don't understand, this man isn't the childish ahole his posts make him sound like. That's his forum persona. We're watching a master thespian at work here, the magic of turning a regular, genius actor into a random brown nosing buffoon.

Dude, we disagree a lot and we've had our back-n-forths in our time, but I also have seen and appreciate your more positive posts and respect your standing on the forums. Or used to; this kind of personal, unwarranted (wasn't I being conciliatory in that post?), off-topic attack against another poster's character, not his opinions or his attitude, is beneath you.

Not that it will matter to you in the slightest, but I am disappointed.
  • Hmm, I noticed my scaling has dropped to below Simonsez's (only 274 on Won't Stop), so it seems like purposely running under leveled characters (Prof X 207, Magneto MN 94) does have an impact. Of course I'm running those guys since they're still more potent than any 270/166 I can field so this is a nice side effect, but it also illustrates how stupid scaling is since it's not like I'm running those guys because they're weak. In particular, my Prof X is not maxed because I don't have all his covers, but this would suggest even if I got them all today I should still leave him at his current level.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:

The joke made me laugh, but really, this kind of comment is no better than Plygrim's (original post) or zonta's. Please try and refrain from being condescending to other users.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    so it seems like purposely running under leveled characters (Prof X 207, Magneto MN 94) does have an impact.
    Except I've been abusing the same combo, and my px is only lv215
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    so it seems like purposely running under leveled characters (Prof X 207, Magneto MN 94) does have an impact.
    Except I've been abusing the same combo, and my px is only lv215

Maybe it takes a long time for this to kick in? We know it is obviously very hard to undo your scaling so I wouldn't expect any immediately measureable impact. I know I was doing the whole Gauntlet with level 100 Mystique + level 94 MN + level 200 PX, again simply because that team made the most sense not because I was purposely trying to lower my scaling. I sure saw plenty of 395s, but maybe beating all those encounters with a low level Mystique finally kicked in. I mean, it's not like my scaling is comparable to anyone who has it super easy, but it certainly is better than what it could've been based on history so even a small impact helps a lot.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Dude, we disagree a lot and we've had our back-n-forths in our time, but I also have seen and appreciate your more positive posts and respect your standing on the forums. Or used to; this kind of personal, unwarranted (wasn't I being conciliatory in that post?), off-topic attack against another poster's character, not his opinions or his attitude, is beneath you.

Not that it will matter to you in the slightest, but I am disappointed.
    That's not following my tone at all. Might we be taking a peak underneath the Actor's Mask?

Listen, if there's one thing that I'm completely consistent on, is that I can't keep myself from biting on generous bait like people who have two 4* covers reviewing all the characters in the game or people who refer to their "forum persona"s.

I'm a huge sucker for low hanging fruit.