Last Day of Deadpool's Daily Quest?

markcoen01
markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is today (6/2/15) the last day of Deadpool's Daily Quest? According to my records, tomorrow's cover reward will be Black Panther, but since we've already received all 3 of his colors, will they start with his first cover tomorrow, or end this wonderful quest? Does anyone know any facts?

Comments

• I read that this was a thing but I didn't know for sure if this was indeed a fact or not. Can someone confirm this is the last day of the DDQ. I personally enjoy this.
  • I haven't read anywhere that they are stopping it. Without wishing to sound rude, can't you just wait until tomorrow to see if it appears? Then the question is answered. Anyone replying here will be guessing and you'll find out in 24 hours anyway.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    As far as I know there was no information that it should be stopped.

Additionally we have still three new characters to receive this round: Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Kabir has said at Redfit that they have no plans to discontinue Deadpool's Daily Quest. Can't find the link right now, but will edit it in when I can.

Edit: Here's the link:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQue ... l_ddq_end/

For those who don't want to follow it directly, he says:
    We added it to introduce a way to get more 3* characters, Iso-8 and Hero Points.
    We have no plans to remove it, the thought hasn't even crossed our minds. Enjoy icon_e_smile.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they take out the daily, I'll upload a one star review to both app stores and uninstall.
  • markcoen01 wrote:
    Is today (6/2/15) the last day of Deadpool's Daily Quest? According to my records, tomorrow's cover reward will be Black Panther, but since we've already received all 3 of his colors, will they start with his first cover tomorrow, or end this wonderful quest? Does anyone know any facts?

Are you basing your speculation that it's ending purely on the fact that all 3 covers have been distributed?

I can't see it ending as it has been the only thing to breathe some new life into the game. When they announced it they never said it was a 1 time event that will give 3 covers and disappear forever which you would assume they would say if that were the case. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    As far as I know there was no information that it should be stopped.

Additionally we have still three new characters to receive this round: Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Bullseye!
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    NRNb9dk.png?1

well that's us buggered then
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    markcoen01 wrote:
    Is today (6/2/15) the last day of Deadpool's Daily Quest? According to my records, tomorrow's cover reward will be Black Panther, but since we've already received all 3 of his colors, will they start with his first cover tomorrow, or end this wonderful quest?
    Because once you have 3 covers of a character, you're good to go? At least wait until they give out each cover 5 times, before engaging in baseless speculation.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They might alter the reward scheme for DDQ though - introducing a new vault reward mechanism...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    They might alter the reward scheme for DDQ though - introducing a new vault reward mechanism...
    with the history of their 'changing/updating' game content, I really hope they do nothing other than keep cycling though covers and adding new characters. no new formats unless its adding a **** version. and no jacking around with the opponents, especially in the big enchilada - no ultron sentries on goon waves, etc. ddq is one of only 2 things they got completely right since I started last Thanksgiving, with the other being the iso leveling discounts.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    ddq is one of only 2 things they got completely right since I started last Thanksgiving, with the other being the iso leveling discounts.

Reading this just now made me realize it's only a matter of time before it gets screwed with huh... icon_cry.gif
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The next two days should be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but if they hold to the current pattern we'll need to wait to the end of the next cycle for Vision and Bullseye.
  • If they add scaling to DDQ there will be a lot of very angry customers. I'm sure they realize that and won't mess with it too much. They will probably add Ultron goons into the mix though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:
    If they add scaling to DDQ there will be a lot of very angry customers. I'm sure they realize that and won't mess with it too much. They will probably add Ultron goons into the mix though.
    ultron goons move the board and that would make big enchilada MUCH more difficult if inserted into waves 1/3. 2/4 I don't care what they do because 90% of the time, they don't get a turn but goon waves on a high level survival node should not be board movers.
  • I have to admit, part of me hopes they either discontinue DDQ or add Ultron enemies. It would make letting go of MPQ pretty easy.

As it stands, DDQ is the only safe haven in MPQ that feels remotely "game-like (a tangible sense of progression, a known and worthwhile effort for reward structure, known quatities for enemies and prizes, like a game usually has)," and without it? Yeah, pretty easy decision.

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tumblr_ly8drxqtG21r93lsso1_250.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    markcoen01 wrote:

Here's a fact for you: the potential of getting 250 or 1000 HP in a taco token was Demiurge's solution to the "roster slot costs are getting out of control" problem.

With the continued upward pressure on roster slot prices from the steady drumbeat of character releases, saying "k DDQ is done" and, by association, removing the HP-filled tacos would re-aggravate the slot pricing issue.

For that reason, if for no other, unless they're planning to step up tomorrow and say "effective immediately roster slot prices are being locked at 600 HP," disposing of DDQ doesn't seem likely.
  • DDQ didn't even come close to solving the roster spot problem. It really worried me when they said it did. So far after 3 full rotations through the characters I have won a total of 1,000 hp. Just barely enough for a single roster spot. How many new characters were added since DDQ started?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope they drop it and replace it with ultron