Options
2»

Comments

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Magstorm has lost efficacy as a result of Polarity Shift

i find it still works fine. i get a little less blue than before but a lot more red, that then will turn into nice damage and ap - blue included. the route is a bit different but it still leads to winning.

Scarlet Witch creates her own purple but her version of wind storm also takes more ap, stuns randomly and doesn't do much more damage than the storm original. Her being a 3star, i would have thought she'd do at least 3k damage considering those drawbacks (ie. KK does 3.4k for 12 ap without the stun and creates the green to do it too). Cstorm at 150 outdamaging my Witch at 210 (5/4/4) and with a targeted stun - that's disappointing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Magstorm has lost efficacy as a result of Polarity Shift

i find it still works fine. i get a little less blue than before but a lot more red, that then will turn into nice damage and ap - blue included. the route is a bit different but it still leads to winning.

Scarlet Witch creates her own purple but her version of wind storm also takes more ap, stuns randomly and doesn't do much more damage than the storm original. Her being a 3star, i would have thought she'd do at least 3k damage considering those drawbacks (ie. KK does 3.4k for 12 ap without the stun and creates the green to do it too). Cstorm at 150 outdamaging my Witch at 210 (5/4/4) and with a targeted stun - that's disappointing.
    I'd take disappointing over her getting nerfed like Magstorm did.
  • Xenoberyll
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

you're really fixated on that one, eh? why not take it to an appropriate thread?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

you're really fixated on that one, eh? why not take it to an appropriate thread?
    I could say the same to you. After all I the evidence has been presented, and there are those who agree with me.

But fine, if you want your character to be buffed then watch her become nerfed "for no reason", that's on you. Just trying to help.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is this real life? People are really saying they are cool, even better, with one blue crit instead of two crits or (with a proper board) up to 18 blue ap with six 3-matches?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Is this real life? People are really saying they are cool, even better, with one blue crit instead of two crits or (with a proper board) up to 18 blue ap with six 3-matches?
    Like I said earlier, Tinfoilers.

I want them to answer my above question about X-Force being "good" still since they think Magstorm is still "Good".
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A better question is, why are the mods allowing all of this **** in a thread that's supposed to be about SW?

And further pondering: raisins are supposed to make things better. You add them to bran flakes, and you get an awesome breakfast. You add them to oatmeal, and it's actually edible. You add them to a bowl a peanuts, and you've upgraded your snacking enjoyment significantly. But when you add raisins to just about any thread around here, it invariably turns into a flaming pile of off-topic nonsense.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Question for people who think Magstorm is "Fine" or "the same" or "better", do you think X-Force is any of the above-mentioned?

So without going into the logical loop, let's agree up front that we're talking about two separate things. Also, for the record, I like game balance, or at the very least, I like what I perceive as game balance. A power that fuels both of his other powers, or 3 star powers, is more representative of the intended functionality to me than his old ability in total, and feels more balanced at the 2* level. I want this point to be really clear: I'm not saying "he's improved" because being able to make 18 blue (as noted) or two (in rare cases, 3) blue criticals is inherently greater than 3 blue and 5(?) random red. I'm saying:

* I think this makes more sense at the 2* level, and
    * I prefer it because I believe it's better balanced and makes more sense -- not because it's 'better' in a direct efficacy sense
    * It can still fuel Windstorm, just not to the same capacity and again, makes more overall sense at the 2* level

So that I hope summarizes my position. I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm well aware of the change and its impact. X-Force is a totally different situation and not in any way tied to the MagStorm combo.

The 3rd revision of X-Force is stupid. He's a boring super DPS box, and I'd rather use Cyclops. Also, if I get the covers, I'll make him 3/5/5, as opposed to the instant win 5/5/3 from v.2.0 that I had him at. Other 4 stars are infinitely more interesting to use, X-Force went from needing a buff, to being really interesting if grossly OP (three powers in one!) to being nerfed so far back he feels like only an interative improvement with new colors and no personality. He has been declawed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Question for people who think Magstorm is "Fine" or "the same" or "better", do you think X-Force is any of the above-mentioned?

So without going into the logical loop, let's agree up front that we're talking about two separate things. Also, for the record, I like game balance, or at the very least, I like what I perceive as game balance. A power that fuels both of his other powers, or 3 star powers, is more representative of the intended functionality to me than his old ability in total, and feels more balanced at the 2* level. I want this point to be really clear: I'm not saying "he's improved" because being able to make 18 blue (as noted) or two (in rare cases, 3) blue criticals is inherently greater than 3 blue and 5(?) random red. I'm saying:

* I think this makes more sense at the 2* level, and
    * I prefer it because I believe it's better balanced and makes more sense -- not because it's 'better' in a direct efficacy sense
    * It can still fuel Windstorm, just not to the same capacity and again, makes more overall sense at the 2* level

So that I hope summarizes my position. I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat, I'm well aware of the change and its impact. X-Force is a totally different situation and not in any way tied to the MagStorm combo.

The 3rd revision of X-Force is stupid. He's a boring super DPS box, and I'd rather use Cyclops. Also, if I get the covers, I'll make him 3/5/5, as opposed to the instant win 5/5/3 from v.2.0 that I had him at. Other 4 stars are infinitely more interesting to use, X-Force went from needing a buff, to being really interesting if grossly OP (three powers in one!) to being nerfed so far back he feels like only an interative improvement with new colors and no personality. He has been declawed.
    The jury is out, and as you said, opinion

x-force isn't different, he's changed

Magstorm = changed not nerfed

X-Force = changed not nerfed

over in the tier thread, some smart ppl say X-Force is good, so according to what u say, still functional after change = good

So X-Force is just changed and not nerfed right?
  • Xenoberyll
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    The jury is out, and as you said, opinion

x-force isn't different, he's changed

Magstorm = changed not nerfed

X-Force = changed not nerfed

over in the tier thread, some smart ppl say X-Force is good, so according to what u say, still functional after change = good

So X-Force is just changed and not nerfed right?

you fail at all the logic tests, eh?

different characters, different skills, different changes, different character discussion threads
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Magstorm was never the issue, it was magstique.
    raisanbman wrote:
    No, the issue was Winfinite, according to them. But all they had to do was change Mystique. Which they didn't. They changed both.

if Mystique was the issue nerf her.

There's subtext in what they do.

They could've left Mag alone but they didn't.

Meanwhile, GSBW does the same thing as Mag, yet she remains untouched.

They targetting Mag.

It's obvious they disliked Magstorm as much as Winfinite.

Thusly, we're not going to get Wanda Magstorming (almost) all by herself anytime soon.

Off topic discussion from SW thread (found here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28208&start=180#p359592). Posts related to the discussion will be moved here. Please continue the discussion in this thread. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ewww who forced me to use such a horrible and WRONG title.

The title isn't "was" as a question it is "Magstorm WAS nerfed" this thread was already made: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28582 viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25844 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25460&hilit=+magstorm viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25979&hilit=+magstorm