Buffs needed

Options
Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that we have had a good series of nerfs we really need some buffs to some of the most popular characters of the Marvel Universe

Iron Man: He really needs a buff. He is a joke now. I like that to fire his attacks he needs AP from other colors, but his base costs need to lower A LOT. Red should cost 10, and Blue 12. Yellow needs to be reworked so everybody prefers 5 covers to 2, so cost should always be the same, but he should give more AP with each cover. Really easy to buff.

Spiderman: After his nerf, he only has one useful power. Blue should cost 4 or he should be entirely reworked.

This two are the most URGENT. Then Hulk should do way more damage with his attacks, Psylocke should do a little bit more damage with red and black (200-300 hps more) and blue should be cheaper stealing less. Colossus black should cost 11 and red be his primary color, then lower the costs of Black Widow green and red, Captain Marvel red should do 2500 and black 3500.

There are more chars that need small buffs, but these are probably the most popular chars that are unusable in PvP or high level PvE, and they are really easy to fix conserving the flavor.

So please devs, give us some buffs!

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually agree with you wrote.

I would like to add X-Force green needs a minor tweak (200-500 points at most). I realize that they do not like to minor tweaks even if it would have the character perfectly balanced, but it does not hurt to ask.

My only concern with Spidey blue at 4 is you get him paired with SL can kind of get back to that 2 AP stunlock. I think his purple should stay a passive but also give a minor amount of health boost. A tiny boost for the initial match with bonus boosts for the number of web tiles on the board.

The yellow I would change to some offensive ability. Not many things are worse than having Spidey last man standing with no pew pew. I have no clue what the ability would be or how much damage it would do. I would leave those suggestions that know much more about Spidey than myself.

IM40 Yellow suggestions abound. I am partial to the one that depending on how much AP you have when you cast the ability determines how many colors the CD's will give when they proc.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider-man wouldn't need to be touched if we had more characters other than 1* Venom that used Web Tiles. There are many Spider characters in Marvel and it's senseless that we only have just those two. Worst yet, we don't even have the better known Eddie Brock as Venom. Granted that Eddie wasn't venom at that time. Hopefully we see a Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, or Silk at some point to make up for it. Spider-Man is definitely a support character but we need offensive options and create a play-style around web tiles.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Now that we have had a good series of nerfs we really need some buffs to some of the most popular characters of the Marvel Universe

Iron Man: He really needs a buff. He is a joke now. I like that to fire his attacks he needs AP from other colors, but his base costs need to lower A LOT. Red should cost 10, and Blue 12. Yellow needs to be reworked so everybody prefers 5 covers to 2, so cost should always be the same, but he should give more AP with each cover. Really easy to buff.

Spiderman: After his nerf, he only has one useful power. Blue should cost 4 or he should be entirely reworked.

This two are the most URGENT. Then Hulk should do way more damage with his attacks, Psylocke should do a little bit more damage with red and black (200-300 hps more) and blue should be cheaper stealing less. Colossus black should cost 11 and red be his primary color, then lower the costs of Black Widow green and red, Captain Marvel red should do 2500 and black 3500.

There are more chars that need small buffs, but these are probably the most popular chars that are unusable in PvP or high level PvE, and they are really easy to fix conserving the flavor.

So please devs, give us some buffs!

Absolutely agree. Even without the cost to other colours. his blue and red are mediocre at best. Same for spidy, though I would prefer a rework to a 4ap power..the spammage potential is just too big there.

The hulk has at least some valid uses (mostly due to his black) but his acitve colours need some boost.

With GSBW I would prefer a complete rework of her useless red. That would make her much more viable (she has her uses under certain conditions, though).

Gamora definately needs a buff as well
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

It is ridiculously useful though. Spidey's purple trivialised most of the fights in the Ultron event and anything involving ninjas. (Two purple defence tiles makes shiruken and turn to smoke irrelevant)

Any 3* that owns a couple of categories of fights is probably doing OK considering how many there are out there.
  • Polares
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Polares wrote:

It is ridiculously useful though. Spidey's purple trivialised most of the fights in the Ultron event and anything involving ninjas. (Two purple defence tiles makes shiruken and turn to smoke irrelevant)

Any 3* that owns a couple of categories of fights is probably doing OK considering how many there are out there.

Yeah his purple is great, but you have Luke Cage with a very good shield tile that is free and with two other very good abilities. Or KK that heals you for free and has other two very good abilities, etc. Spidey should have 3 very good abilities, not just one!! Right now Spidey could be 5/0/0 and you would be ok with him if he was level 166. He is Spidey!, the most popular char of the entire Marvel Universe! (or at least it was in the past...).

PS: I really think that maybe Miles Morales is going to be presented soon as a great 4* so nobody cares about the old Peter Parker (the same way we have no Hulkbuster so we don't need to think about the old armor anymore).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As soon as they buff anyone, the forum is going to explode in anger.. Look now it takes even longer to kill so and so.. or Now i have to use health packs fighting spiderman????

Welcome to the no win scenario.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    As soon as they buff anyone, the forum is going to explode in anger.. Look now it takes even longer to kill so and so.. or Now i have to use health packs fighting spiderman????

Do we really have that many people complaining about making IW, Doc Ock, Beast, and Moonstone more usable? Daredevil and Doom? Loki?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Do we really have that many people complaining about making IW, Doc Ock, Beast, and Moonstone more usable? Daredevil and Doom? Loki?

Daredevil, Doom, Loki is one of my favorite teams to use... odd you would use that lol.

My comment was mostly sarcastic, but not really.. read through any change.. even Moonstone's black change... the thread is still alive.. and yes, people here do and will complain about everything no matter what.

And look at my hypocrisy, complaining about people complaining... for example. (someone will probably complain i used a conjunction to start that sentence!)
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    i agree with the OP.

but why is there so much hate for complaining?
    1) it shows there is an active community
    2) it highlights questionable changes and communicates players wants( if done correctly)
    3) it releases stress from players and notifies the development team of player needs not being met
    4) it allows for potential changes
    5) It can start up other conversations or inject humor into others

i Think it is great to have people complain as long as it is constructive, which can be hoping for a lot sometimes.

pic not related
    00498626.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I tend to avoid complaining, unless it is a customer service related issue, which is why my post was loaded in sarcasm.

But there are some days, i just think.. if you hate it that much, don't use it...

With so many characters available, if you don't like one... just don't use it.. screaming for a re-work or demanding one be buffed is ridiculous. They all have their uses, but if you personally do not find it useful as is, then just don't use that character!

As it sits, current 3* spidey works well with certain teams, as does Falcon.. neither have big damage, but both perform functions that make them great support.

This can be said for just about any character.

side note
    in the speculation thread it looks like he is getting a rework anyway..
  • Unknown
    Options
    With regards to IM40's yellow, I think they could fix it if it only went up by 1 AP per level, eg 6-10 AP instead of 6-14 AP. Most of the time only one or two of the countdowns survive anyways.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah some are a bit old school 3*

I would like to have IM blue a bit lower even if it meant losing the stun

GSBW, probably just costs and Red ability

Punisher with have people crating tons of strike tiles , his are a bit underwhelming

Psylocke and Hulk need a damage boost

etc etc

I miss the super powerful 4* though, there not many reasons to go all out anymore once you have some good 3*- I'd rather have multiple IF and Cage instead of wasting efforts for 4*
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I tend to avoid complaining, unless it is a customer service related issue, which is why my post was loaded in sarcasm.

But there are some days, i just think.. if you hate it that much, don't use it...

With so many characters available, if you don't like one... just don't use it.. screaming for a re-work or demanding one be buffed is ridiculous. They all have their uses, but if you personally do not find it useful as is, then just don't use that character!

As it sits, current 3* spidey works well with certain teams, as does Falcon.. neither have big damage, but both perform functions that make them great support.

This can be said for just about any character.

side note
    in the speculation thread it looks like he is getting a rework anyway..

They make so many efforts to increase diversity but readjusting some older character would be a bid step towards it that's all (just not a very lucrative one I guess since we all have those guys already)
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's worth mentioning that they did just buff a few characters not long ago. Invisible Woman was one (and a useful buff for me since I only have 1 blue cover.. it's actually usable now, though I'd still prefer Cage), I forget who the others were.

And yes people threw a fit when they changed moonstone. "Oh great now i'm going to get my butt kicked all over the map." People will whine about anything.

The primary thing I agree with here is that Spider-Man's abilities are terrible. Being so popular and having garbage abilities, and nothing offensive? Come on this is Spidey! Spider-sense creating protect tiles is great, stunning the enemy by webbing them up is great, but Spider-Man is no healer, that ability makes no sense at all. Would be much better to turn his yellow into an attack of some sort, even if it's nothing more than a basic punch. He should work as a one-man jack-of-all-trades that way because... it's Spidey!
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage
    is going to be coming out, and if he is going to have a web tile, than lowering Spiderman's blue to a cost of four will have to be evaluated with that in mind. Otherwise, I agree with your post.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to see Psylocke buffed a bit. She was fun to use when powered up for PvP, but otherwise I wouldn't use her. Which is a shame, because I like the character. Would also like tosee her looking more like her comic cover, but that's by the by. (She's got greasy hair, darn it.)

Iron Man M40 definitely needs improving. He's been a broken character for a long time. A character should be good enough to stand on their own, not just as a battery for other characters. Sure it helps, but Iron Fist and Dr Doom to name but two prove you can be both.

Punisher could do with some tweaking, I agree. He doesn't really excel at any one thing aside from his red (I'd really like to see some kind of marker on health bars if we bring punisher out. Half the time I forget how much health an enemy started with and take a punt on them being below 40%...only to not down them. A marker showing where 40% is would be nice).

Quicksilver could do with some improvements, too. He works well with Scarlet Witch on defense if you're matching away her blue countdown timers, but othewise his moves are a little underwealming. Not sure they really play into the speediness aspect. His switcheroo move is really underwealming. It's tricky, because we already have two moves in the game that do mass switching with Loki and Doc Oc. Having Quicksilver do a mass tile move would be redundant. But he needs *something* other than a not-as-good Switcheroo.

Squirrel Girl...please...change her art. She's terrifying. Can't you make her a bit cuter?

Vision needs a bit of changing as well, I think. He's an interesting character, but on defense he's terrible. He just spams density heavy and light over and over. There's no controlling how he'll use his red. He's okay to use on offense, but defense he's worthless. Sure, making him heavy increases his damage...but when he makes two yellow matches he improves his defense. Then next turn he improves his offense again. Gah.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Spidey's match damage was just buffed that would show his strength, but I get the feeling that doesn't mesh with the game mechanics right. Same for Hulk and the like.

For Spidey's purple, I'd love it if he produced defense tiles like he currently does, and then when there are maybe 3 or more, they would all get converted back to standard and spidey would avoid all damage from an attack dealing say 2k+, to... you know... demonstrate his spidey sense!

But overall, I would enjoy seeing some buffs. If someone could shine as brightly as Luke currently does for me, that'd be great.

And I absolutely use Falcon. He's just fantastic as-is.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spidey's main problem is his yellow. After the True Healing update, a power that purely gives health burst is a complete joke. Either they should give it a secondary effect, or, better yet, turn it into an offensive power. His purple is already pretty good and his blue is decent, if a bit too situational. It has a potential to get better if they start adding more web tile generating characters into the game.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

for me it's more the other way around. I want to use the character (in my case IM40) because I think Iron Man's a inherently cool character (I'm not too fond of spidy so I don't care much about him, and at least he has one useful power). I want to use IM, but can't because hes useless. The situation bettered a bit with the introduction of IMHB since now there's a valid IM to use (if I had the covers, that is).
  • Polares
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

for me it's more the other way around. I want to use the character (in my case IM40) because I think Iron Man's a inherently cool character (I'm not too fond of spidy so I don't care much about him, and at least he has one useful power). I want to use IM, but can't because hes useless. The situation bettered a bit with the introduction of IMHB since now there's a valid IM to use (if I had the covers, that is).

My sentiment is the same than NighteyesGrisu, I know there are more chars, but I would like to use IM or Spidey because I love they character in the comicbooks and I would really love to use them (this is what this game is about isn't it? Playing with the chars you like, this is why it is a MARVEL game).

And maybe I can use other chars, but If nobody uses any given char, what is the point of his existence? You can use Spidey sometimes, but IM is useless. And a great number of chars would be playable (maybe not top-tier but playable in PvE or Gauntlet or any other event) with a small buff. Just tweaking some values would do the trick for most of them (others need more work). Most just need 10-20% increment/decrement in damage or cost and they would be playable.