54000 progression for 3 4* covers?

Options
Moral
Moral Posts: 512
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
If there is no rubber banding, then it's simple math on the number of clears for a full set.

Anyone done the math?

Comments

• What event is this? And there will always be rubberbanding, so asking for the math without it doesn't solve much. Sad but true.
  • I was able to reach the max thick as thieves (went over the max by a few thousand) even after the nerf. I think if we just play smart and minimize losses while maximizing points (playing 1 hour a day) then we can keep earning maximum points which will put us over the maximum needed to get those prizes.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some quick back of the envelope calculations:
    You get a max of 200 points per mission.
    54000/200 = 270 mission clears. We have 5 days of this event, with probably 8 hour resets, so thats 15 resets.
    270/15= 18 mission clears per reset in the best case.
    However, points decrease in subsequent plays, so youre looking at maybe 1.5 to 2x those clears, meaning you need about 25 mission clears per reset in order to hit the goal.

Given that eventually all missions are going to be level 230, youre looking at clearing 25 level 230 missions every 8 hours on the dot. With iso rewards not resetting, i cant see anyone but the hardest of core attempting this.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Given that eventually all missions are going to be level 230, youre looking at clearing 25 level 230 missions every 8 hours on the dot. With iso rewards not resetting, i cant see anyone but the hardest of core attempting this.

Unless of course they have a roster of mid leveled 1* characters in which case they should hit it by the end of the night.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best 3 missions are worth 200. The others are less. And seeing as they are almost all level 230 and I would need close to 3 full board clears per reset it ain't happening.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Copy pasting my response from the main thread with more concrete numbers (thanks to Lyrian who did the calculations).
    Lyrian wrote:
    I wonder if the points are going to ramp up on subsequent days: with there being 3k points per resetish, 50k points seems pretty damn hard to get.

Don't think so.

I don't have either the under or over-leveled bug (somehow) and have unlocked all of the missions except for the last one "Time For Some Answers".

I think the final one pays out 200 points, as Imposters Assemble is 150. (Don't think I can overcome 120 * Yelena + Daken + Moonstone without a strong Spidey.)
    posting.php?mode=edit&f=7&p=46087#
    Given that I have completed each round exactly once, and with the assumption on the final mission payout, 1 run on each mission equals 1640 points.

With a 20% deduction per run, you get 1640 + 1312 + 984 + 656 + 328 = 4920 per run. (Disregarding 1 point runs)

Times 3 runs a day (assuming 8 hour refreshes), 4920 * 3 = 14760 per day.

Times 5 days + 1 refresh = (14760 * 5) + 4920 = 78720!!

So, I am really unsure that the refresh timer is only 8 hours here.

That being said, as usual, a **large** chunk of points ( 80 + 150 + 200 ) = 430 + 344 + 258 + 172 + 86 = 1290 per run, 3870 per day, 20640 for the event, locked off if you did not win a Daredevil in the Thick as Thieves event, or buy/win one from the Oscorp Assault Packs.

While the maximum points is well above what you need for the x-force wolvies, actually getting that amount of points is a huge issue.

Lets say that you do each mission 2 times during each refresh cycle.
    This means that you are getting 1640 + 1312 = 2952 points per cycle.
    2952 * 16 = 47232 points, which is still a little off from 54k, so lets say you need to do each mission 2.5 times.

There are 16 missions in this event, which means that you need to do ~38 missions per refresh cycle. This can be optimized by doing the higher point value missions more, so lets be generous and say that that makes it so you only have to do 30 missions per cycle. This means that for the next 5 days, every 8 hours, you need to grind 30 missions. Also keep in mind that 1st time iso rewards and the 500 iso bonus wont be there for subsequent runs, so you'd be grinding purely for the covers with no additional iso gains. Seems a little too crazy for me. I don't even think I'll care too much about the Daredevil covers: even though hes going to be used in a future buffed event, the character is pretty bad, so I think I'm going to sit this one out and go easy on the grinding.

I would think it to be reasonable to get all the rewards grinding all 13 missions exactly once per reset, since you need serious dedication to even do that every 8 hours, and that gives you more leeway to make up points by doing extra grinding on some runs. But expecting us to grind the entire event 3 times every 8 hours is too crazy. Hopefully they increase the point values or something, because otherwise they deliberately made the last few progression awards near impossible to get.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    What event is this? And there will always be rubberbanding, so asking for the math without it doesn't solve much. Sad but true.

This is the most important post in this thread as far as answers go, guys.

Yes, the top mission right now is 200: As time goes on and the leaderboard gets bigger, that could go all the way up to 2000 a run depending on what your rank is!
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Telicis wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    What event is this? And there will always be rubberbanding, so asking for the math without it doesn't solve much. Sad but true.

Yes, the top mission right now is 200: As time goes on and the leaderboard gets bigger, that could go all the way up to 2000 a run depending on what your rank is!

You'd best go back and read the announcement for this event before you get left in the dust.

<< The rewards in this Heroic Mode are geared heavily towards progression so we've disabled some of the balancing that helps players catch up with the pack and greatly turned up the number of replays you get per missions. >>
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Telicis wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:

Rubberbanding has been disabled for this event so no, the point values are unlikely to go up: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2925

Specifically,
    The rewards in this Heroic Mode are geared heavily towards progression so we've disabled some of the balancing that helps players catch up with the pack and greatly turned up the number of replays you get per missions.
  • Going to be bluntly honest here: I read that and pretty much assumed, much like the earlier statements of NOT having Level 230s for enemies for people, that "Rubberbanding being turned off" wasn't going to be the case. icon_rolleyes.gif I suppose there's a joke at my expense for them actually doing it.

Of course, this raises a much more problematic issue at hand...

Either there's going to be a secondary boost to points or lots of subevents (both of which help the problem)... Or 54000 is almost mathematically impossible to attain even if all these figths were Level 1.

Please tell me someone can verify it's the former.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Telicis wrote:
    Going to be bluntly honest here: I read that and pretty much assumed, much like the earlier statements of NOT having Level 230s for enemies for people, that "Rubberbanding being turned off" wasn't going to be the case. icon_rolleyes.gif I suppose there's a joke at my expense for them actually doing it.

Of course, this raises a much more problematic issue at hand...

Either there's going to be a secondary boost to points or lots of subevents (both of which help the problem)... Or 54000 is almost mathematically impossible to attain even if all these figths were Level 1.

Please tell me someone can verify it's the former.

I don't think there are subevents for heroic modes. The number is definitely mathmatically possible to obtain: its just that the actual amount of points that a player can reasonably obtain is just far below the optimal value.
  • I have cleared almost every mission 4x and am at 4589 points currently.

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg
  • bonerang wrote:
    I have cleared almost every mission 4x and am at 4589 points currently.

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

Congrats!

Also worries me though... Means you need to do roughly what, 45 full clears to get the XForce awards or so (assuming it'sa bout 4800 for 4x full clear)?

I know bonerang's been lucky and has really reduced levels...
  • bonerang wrote:

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

So you beat the lvl 230 hammer soldiers? how did you do it? So that I too may be able to partake in some prizes. I'm not after the top. Just maybe the token and iso prizes.
  • Telicis wrote:
    bonerang wrote:

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

Congrats!

Also worries me though... Means you need to do roughly what, 45 full clears to get the XForce awards or so (assuming it'sa bout 4800 for 4x full clear)?

I know bonerang's been lucky and has really reduced levels...

I've been grinding since about 1100 am PST which is when I noticed that the opponent levels had been reduced to 20 or lower.
  • Proof that I am not cheating / am very lucky / have only been playing for 8 days / maybe mine is bugged? :

lgYn80Fl.jpg
  • bonerang wrote:
    Proof that I am not cheating / am very lucky / have only been playing for 8 days / maybe mine is bugged? :

lgYn80Fl.jpg

Lucky you! keep at it! At least you can get something for the mistakes that d3p made.
  • pulis wrote:
    bonerang wrote:

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

So you beat the lvl 230 hammer soldiers? how did you do it? So that I too may be able to partake in some prizes. I'm not after the top. Just maybe the token and iso prizes.

For me storms blue / GWBS's pink was the key. Spidey was my 3rd but I tried to use storm when possible. GWBS did 90% of the defense while storms blue was my offense and storms green kept everything rolling. I never use her green til I have 20-30 ap ready. GWBS green would have been nice but line is a 1/3/5 so.... Yeah.
  • pulis wrote:
    bonerang wrote:

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

Simple: He's not. Bonerang's made several posts today about how his levels drastically dropped after a reboot of the game, and have remained there since with no foreseeable change.

IE. Scaling issues are still running amok, just differently than people predicted from TaT.
  • pulis wrote:
    bonerang wrote:

Proof:

WBOWCs6l.jpg

For me storms blue / GWBS's pink was the key. Spidey was my 3rd but I tried to use storm when possible. GWBS did 90% of the defense while storms blue was my offense and storms green kept everything rolling. I never use her green til I have 20-30 ap ready. GWBS green would have been nice but line is a 1/3/5 so.... Yeah.

I should try storm again. She's just too weak though. Opponent gets lucky and she dies instantly. At least she can do 200 damage which helps me A LOT!