I hate myself right now.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Did the final push in my sub that ended last night while on my laptop, in the tub. No big, I've done that before. Finished it, got my rewards, got out. Went and got back on the desktop. Fiddled with the final Hulk sub, including doing the first refresh of the essentials so that #2 would be ready for me this afternoon. Stayed up until DDQ refreshed, did the taco fights and the cover fight. Got all three.

Got up today, opened laptop...discovered I hadn't exited the game. Force quit hoping it wouldn't overwrite my progress from this morning.

Reload...yup. Ate the Blade cover and the tacos I had earned. Also the sub progress.

Okay, my fault. I'll go back and redo DDQ to get my Blade cover ba--oh, right. Ninja ****. Well, I survived it this morning, I can survive it th--are you **** KIDDING me? I kill a Teisetsu and now the motherf***er is spawning Turn to **** tiles every time Storm's Raging Tempest procs? EVEN AFTER HE'S DEAD? Wipe in the first wave, heal everybody, go again, same **** ****. Wipe again.

So...yeah, I'm not going back into that 4-wave again because Ninja **** got **** BROKEN. And I lost the cover because I was too damn stupid to close the **** game on my **** laptop before switching to the **** desktop.

As pissed as I am at Ninja **** being broken worse than it was before, I'm even more pissed at myself.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Yep. I already submitted a ticket requesting My Blade Cover, 2000 ISO that I would have gotten for completing all missions and 5 health packs that I used trying to get through that tinytinykitty.

It was acknowledged by D3/Demiurge here: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=29822&p=360447#p360447
  • DFiPL
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. On the one hand, the **** IS ****. On the other hand, I got through it once without issue, and the reason I'm not sitting pretty right now is because I was a **** dumbshit.

Does Demiurge's screwup cancel out my own and make it worth submitting a ticket? Or is my screwup the worse because I actually had control over that and biffed it anyway?

I'm kind of leaning towards the latter right now as much as I want that cover.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. On the one hand, the tinykitty IS tinykitty. On the other hand, I got through it once without issue, and the reason I'm not sitting pretty right now is because I was a tinykitty tinykitty.

Does Demiurge's screwup cancel out my own and make it worth submitting a ticket? Or is my screwup the worse because I actually had control over that and biffed it anyway?

I'm kind of leaning towards the latter right now as much as I want that cover.

You earned that cover. Period. You earned the ISO by completing all the DDQ missions. Period. You earned the Taco Tokens. Period. And if not for the bug on THEIR END, you wouldn't have waste the Health Packs. Period.

I know that sounds or comes off as entitled, and I am sure there is a troll somewhere just waiting to pounce on me for saying this. But you should get what you earned. End of story.

Now.... Go submit your ticket. . . .HERE
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is my least favorite DDQ set. I've come close before, but this morning was the first time I've ever wiped in DDQ: Muscle dropped a strike tile countdown early I couldn't match, and Teisetsu gnawed away life. Beat it second time.

Bummer that the bug happened after you had already beaten it once.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    This is my least favorite DDQ set. I've come close before, but this morning was the first time I've ever wiped in DDQ: Muscle dropped a strike tile countdown early I couldn't match, and Teisetsu gnawed away life. Beat it second time.

I've never completely wiped before. Not like this. Where all of my characters are downed. This is crazy. I have even tried off the wall combos. Nothing works.
  • DFiPL
    I submitted a ticket. All I really care about is the Blade cover right now. I mean, worst case, the heroic token I got as the daily gift granted me a Spider-Man (3) yellow, so at least one of my 3* heroes is going to make forward progress at the end of the day.

But I'd like to have that Blade cover. I braved Ninja **** for it, and it's so disheartening to have this happen after that.

It's my fault more than theirs (as broken as that **** is), so I'm kind of braced for a negative response. Yeah, the fix needs to be in and needs to not have been missed by QA but I still could have prevented this with a little more situational awareness.

Oh and take two on the taco tokens at least yielded me a Moonstone cover, which is useful since I'm building a Moonstone right now.

So it won't be a total loss either way, but...
  • DFiPL
    Yep. I already submitted a ticket requesting My Blade Cover, 2000 ISO that I would have gotten for completing all missions and 5 health packs that I used trying to get through that tinytinykitty.

It was acknowledged by D3/Demiurge here: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=29822&p=360447#p360447

So here's the fun part: the points I earned on PC were persistent even though the Blade cover went away. So DDQ was showing me as having completed the points for the two tacos and the Blade cover.

I completed the 3* fight and the 1* fight, and it gave me the 2000 ISO for completing all five fights.

I just don't have my **** Blade green cover.
  • DFiPL
    http://i.imgur.com/e6TCc4d.jpg

look 'n see ^^

lulz
  • DFiPL wrote:

look 'n see ^^

lulz

I hope you included that screen capture with your ticket.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:

look 'n see ^^

lulz

I hope you included that screen capture with your ticket.

I only just completed the 500 ISO and 1000 ISO nodes while looking for something to do. Suppose I could send in the screen cap to amend the ticket I already sent in.
  • DFiPL
    AHAHAHAHA **** YOU NINJAS

decided to give it one more shot since there's time for the two health packs I'd need to use to regenerate before I'm ready to start my final Hulk push.

Go in, target the Muscle first, use Wind Storm to keep him quiescent and take the Teisetsu down to the high 600s for health.

Kept whittling away at the Muscle and trying to keep his Threatens from going off. Eventually, a Sonic Boom to knock out the Teisetsu and end the first wave. It spawned six Turn to ****, but a couple of them were in match-friendly places and one other was positioned such that Polarity Shift would let me create a crit tile to take it out. Didn't have enough AP to keep the Big Bads stunned in wave 2, so I took some damage from them, but nothing like what wave 1 had been doing to me on the first two re-attempts.

Eventually cleared wave 2 with one Turn to **** still in a corner where I couldn't reach it easily, and concentrated on piling up AP in wave 3. Wave 4 rolls around and something something heart's hot shell upon them.

Now the question is, since Support no longer needs to intervene on my behalf, what do I do? Just wait and see if they ask for more information and then say "I got it, thanks," or...?
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    I submitted a ticket. All I really care about is the Blade cover right now. I mean, worst case, the heroic token I got as the daily gift granted me a Spider-Man (3) yellow, so at least one of my 3* heroes is going to make forward progress at the end of the day.

But I'd like to have that Blade cover. I braved Ninja tinykitty for it, and it's so disheartening to have this happen after that.

It's my fault more than theirs (as broken as that tinykitty is), so I'm kind of braced for a negative response. Yeah, the fix needs to be in and needs to not have been missed by QA but I still could have prevented this with a little more situational awareness.

Oh and take two on the taco tokens at least yielded me a Moonstone cover, which is useful since I'm building a Moonstone right now.

So it won't be a total loss either way, but...

You're situation sucks tinykitty that's for sure.
    I'm almost more sorry that you found solace in a Moonstone cover
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    unplug the router first
  • DFiPL
    They got back to me today.
    We deeply apologize for the inconvenience! The developers are actively working to resolve the issue, and we ask your patience as it is devised for release. Temporarily, a workaround has been devised where you can defeat the Teisatsu minion with an ability, as opposed to a tile match attack, and the issue should not recur.

I, y'know, hope the issue is fixed before I have to test that proposed workaround to see if it works.

They gave me another Blade green and a Taco token. I haz a happeh.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    We deeply apologize for the inconvenience! The developers are actively working to resolve the issue, and we ask your patience as it is devised for release. Temporarily, a workaround has been devised where you can defeat the Teisatsu minion with an ability, as opposed to a tile match attack, and the issue should not recur.

I, y'know, hope the issue is fixed before I have to test that proposed workaround to see if it works.

That's good. What is sad is that I put my ticket in before you and still haven't gotten a response. Sheesh. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:

That's good. What is sad is that I put my ticket in before you and still haven't gotten a response. Sheesh. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

My guess is it's because ours were somewhat different issues. The Teisetsu being bugged were at the heart of both of them, but my issue was hoping to get back what I had lost via screwup, and yours was 'this is preventing me from playing.'

They probably looked at the screenshot, saw the 15,000 points and went 'yup, he should have earned it, easy fix.' Your issue is going to be more representative of the rest of the community, and so they're probably still figuring out what (if any) resolution there's going to be on that front.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    U got a Blade cover??? All they comped me was a Taco Token that scored me a freakin Wolverine (2 star). Why are there different levels of compensation if the issue is the same for everyone across the board?
  • DFiPL
    U got a Blade cover??? All they comped me was a Taco Token that scored me a freakin Wolverine (2 star). Why are there different levels of compensation if the issue is the same for everyone across the board?

Because the issue isn't the same across the board is my guess. I had this weird hyperspecific set of circumstances. Ninja **** was ****, yes, and that prevented me from re-earning the Blade cover for most of the day, but my issue was that I HAD earned the cover and lost it through my own dumbassery.

My ticket wasn't about "hey this is broken cover please," so much as it was about "hey, I kinda screwed up and lost a cover I had earned, and here's proof that on some level the game DOES think I earned it. I've tried to get it back myself, but a known bug is preventing that; can you fix my screwup?"
  • U got a Blade cover??? All they comped me was a Taco Token that scored me a freakin Wolverine (2 star). Why are there different levels of compensation if the issue is the same for everyone across the board?

His situation was a little different. He actually won the Blade cover. But then forgot to close out the game and when he came back, it had crashed and he had lost his cover.

Edit: I got beat to the punch because I didn't refresh before I replied. Oops.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    You're right I worded that all wrong. The situation is the same in that the ninja is bugged for all, but the circumstances were different. My bad. My biggest gripe is why he got the Blade and the token and I only got the token when our circumstances were the same. Don't get me wrong though I'm glad he got the cover I'm just jealous.