Random Poll Topic: New F4 movie, MPQ, & You

2»

Comments

• Just google Marvel Fox feud or something similar and you'll find dozens of articles on it. Maybe hundreds. It's been pretty well documented.

The Maximoff thing was worked out years ago. Fox only put Quicksilver in DoFP to spite Marvel - that part was written as Juggernaut in the original script, but Fox changed it after Marvel announced they were using him.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weird thing is that Dr. Doom is absolutely huge in Marvel right now. He 's been serving as a semi-heroic figure/spirit-guide and lately, the god that patched back the whole multiverse after it became undone. He was also recently reworked in MPQ.

Also, I'm almost sure that 2* Torch was made after most of these rumours were already bouncing around. I'm still somewhat hopeful of a 3* Thing.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Just google Marvel Fox feud or something similar and you'll find dozens of articles on it. Maybe hundreds. It's been pretty well documented.

The Maximoff thing was worked out years ago. Fox only put Quicksilver in DoFP to spite Marvel - that part was written as Juggernaut in the original script, but Fox changed it after Marvel announced they were using him.
    why should I google when folks are motivated by upvotes?

This place is so strange compared to reddit

Also, Juggs in the original script? Say what
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    FF is Fox, not Sony. Sony only has Spidey, and is willing to work with Marvel.

What I do like about the FF trailers I've seen is that it seems to have a sci-fi feel to it rather than a superhero feel, and for the FF that is very appropriate, it always has been an 'adventures in superscience' kind of comic. I don't like the dark visuals or any of the costume designs so far, though, and it does seem a bit too much on the angsty side of things.

Dr. Doom has a prominent role in the current Secret Wars comics because he played an important role in the original Secret Wars as well. Plus Marvel knows as well that he's simply too good a villain not to be used.

And interestingly enough, Turul's spoiler thread hints at an FF-related character coming up soon for MPQ, so maybe there's a tie-in after al (please keep discussion about those spoilers in the thread itself).
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Also, Juggs in the original script? Say what

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/13/ ... uture-past
  • Can't vote for any of these options. #4 seems the most likely, except for the Marvel movie run cashing and burning. FF is a Sony abomination, appears to be straight out of the Michael Bay school of Film Suck, in which all things are formulated to appeal to a parody of an 8th-grader.

The last thing the FF should be is dark and angsty. And staffed by 30ish actors directed to play wannabe hip teens. Should be two faux grumpy old guys and 1 wannabe hip teen, plus an above-it-all female.

Movie will not bomb, but rather coattail its way to 'meh'. It's pure exploitation of Marvel's success.

Marvel movies, thanks to their sharp wit and pacing, will continue to do fine, no matter how goofy the premise. In terms of box office, Ant-Man will kick FF's butt.

As for releasing characters, I expect no tie-ins, but you never know. What prompted 3 star.png Bullseye? DD netflix series aftershock?
    Bullseye 2* probably prompted Bullseye. Too late to call it a DD tie-in. After all, it's less work to release a 3* version who's "fixed" than fix the 2* version and release a separate 3* version.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    SOMEONE affiliated with the F4 is coming soon, but I highly doubt it's Reed or Ben.

It'll most likely be someone Marvel has movie rights to (Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Uatu, Namor (?), etc).
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Only slightly off-topic, but the notion of character releases related to movies gives me hope we'll finally see a Doctor Strange, even if we have to wait another year for it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt1211837/
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Can we consistently use F4?

FF will always be Final Fantasy in my mind, so reading this entire discussion has been hell.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    Can we consistently use F4?

FF will always be Final Fantasy in my mind, so reading this entire discussion has been hell.
    why, their trademark is expiring anyway *kappa*
  • none.png
    icon_redface.gif
    Well, not the way I had planned that to go, but at least the discussion was good & mostly positive.

While most forumites have low expectations for the F4 flick, most everyone else thinks we either get both the missing two members or, barring that, One Ben "blue-eyes" Grimm.

Thanks to all who voted, and I promise to construct the next poll in a far less icon_redface.gif fashion.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Just google Marvel Fox feud or something similar and you'll find dozens of articles on it. Maybe hundreds. It's been pretty well documented.

Funny, QS in the prison vault was my favorite scene in the movie.
  • New article about it:

http://io9.com/whats-behind-marvels-cam ... 1707514860

Seems to support the idea that we won't see any Fantastic Four characters in the game.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    New article about it:

http://io9.com/whats-behind-marvels-cam ... 1707514860

Seems to support the idea that we won't see any Fantastic Four characters in the game.

Aw **** icon_e_sad.gif