Deadpool's Daily Outage During Avengers Vs. Ultron

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

While compensation went out in early May for players affected by unintended downtimes during the recent Avengers Vs. Ultron Event, we are still investigating possible compensation for a few related Events that were also affected.

If, during the Avengers Vs. Ultron Event runs, you were unable to participate in Deadpool's Daily Quest and believe you missed out on any Deadpool’s Daily-related rewards, please open a ticket with Customer Support so that we may more quickly verify and issue any compensation that may be due.

You can contact Customer Support here: https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

Thank you for your patience while we work on sorting out multiple compensation issues that affected many players.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you really going to work through CS tickets for every event during Ultron outages?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Thanks! Glad it hasnt fallen from your view.

If the outage affected other aspects of the game (PVP/PVE) should we submit tickets or wait patiently?
  • Thank you for this announcement!

Good to know you guys are still actively discussing the outages (and potential player compensation icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif ) during all the Ultron excitement!

Cheers!

DBC
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Why in the world would you guys waste the man hours going through thousands of tickets verifying and issuing compensation when you could just rerun that DDQ and be done with it? icon_e_confused.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    snlf25 wrote:
    Why in the world would you guys waste the man hours going through thousands of tickets verifying and issuing compensation when you could just rerun that DDQ and be done with it? icon_e_confused.gif

Because they don't want me to have a Rage of the Panther that is useful. icon_e_sad.gif
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

While compensation went out in early May for players affected by unintended downtimes during the recent Avengers Vs. Ultron Event, we are still investigating possible compensation for a few related Events

So you mean my tickets for Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Combined Arms weren't in vain?
  • snlf25 wrote:
    Maybe 100 people are going to bother submitting a ticket (most won't even read this announcement). Putting another Rage of the Panther cover out there would cost them much more in lost revenue than it will cost them to go through a few dozen tickets.
  • Minimum possible compensation. They really have a tight grip on in game loot. I really don't remember if I missed any DDQs or even which ones ran during Ultron.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Davey, if we already have one in, would you like for us to submit another one?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Submitted my ticket.
  • Hydrus wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    Maybe 100 people are going to bother submitting a ticket (most won't even read this announcement). Putting another Rage of the Panther cover out there would cost them much more in lost revenue than it will cost them to go through a few dozen tickets.

No, it's the other way around. Unless their customer service guys normally doesn't do anything, the hourly wage you'd have to pay people even at minimum wage to process 100 tickets is more than whatever you can possibly hope to eventually sell some ROTP covers for. Manpower is costly and tangible compared to something that may or may not actually turn to any revenue. Customer service is almost a strictly matter of size. If you have 1 problem with 1000 players then you almost certainly will have at least 100 problems with 100K guys, so it's very hard to see how there can possibly be any excess CS capacity to deal with a new issue that wouldn't impact something else.
  • Will there be similar compensation for other events affected by the Ultron outage (PVP and PVE)?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really guys just make your own jobs easier and make the playerbase have a bit more faith by just giving a blanket award of the cover and 2 taco tokens to everyone, along with a little note saying "Sorry that things went awry, have this as a gesture of good faith and thank you for being patient."

For the record I have a maxed Black Panther already so I wasn't overly fussed by being unable to do the Deadpool Daily Quest that day.
  • I'm still wondering about the Mystique (I think. I know LCap was the reward) PvP that was affected. My shield broke and I was still getting hit and couldn't pop in to hop or reshield. I think I finished with a pathetic sub 650 because I got about 20 minutes at the very end to push before it was over. I didn't need the prize but my season score suffered greatly and I was knocked out of top 50 by a few hundred points.
  • Not being sarcastic here, just honestly don't know.

Is it pretty standard to have the devs specifically request that we file tickets and then not hear anything back on those tickets for a couple weeks?

I'd previously never heard back on a ticket, but I figured this time they actually asked us to submit them, so something might happen?

Anyway, honestly not concerned either way (although it would be cool to get something useful out of the outages), I just thought about it this morning and was wondering.

DBC
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not being sarcastic here, just honestly don't know.

Is it pretty standard to have the devs specifically request that we file tickets and then not hear anything back on those tickets for a couple weeks?

I'd previously never heard back on a ticket, but I figured this time they actually asked us to submit them, so something might happen?

Anyway, honestly not concerned either way (although it would be cool to get something useful out of the outages), I just thought about it this morning and was wondering.

DBC

This seems to be more and more common the last couple weeks (I feel like it might have to do with the huge wave of Ultron tickets, but I'm not really sure), but it's not common practice from my experiences. If you have your Ticket ID drop HiFi a message and let him know what's going on and he can check into it.

One note though, currently they're out of the office (for the weekend), and I know at the start of the week some of the staffers are going to Phoenix (I think?) Comicon, so they won't necessarily be super attentive to the forums.
  • Not being sarcastic here, just honestly don't know.

DBC

This seems to be more and more common the last couple weeks (I feel like it might have to do with the huge wave of Ultron tickets, but I'm not really sure), but it's not common practice from my experiences. If you have your Ticket ID drop HiFi a message and let him know what's going on and he can check into it.

One note though, currently they're out of the office (for the weekend), and I know at the start of the week some of the staffers are going to Phoenix (I think?) Comicon, so they won't necessarily be super attentive to the forums.

Thanks for the response!

I'm not worried enough to bother HiFi or anyone else specifically. As I said, I never heard back on the Deadpool Tokens disappearance from way back, Ultron, and other glitches, so I wasn't expecting anything, but I did notice other people were actually getting responses and figured I'd post.

I didn't want to be the "What about MEEEEE?!" guy in someone's thread, so instead of posting in the threads I was seeing positive outcomes in, I figured I'd post here.

I'm not too worried whether they respond or not, because I usually just send in the ticket and hope for the best, but as I said, people were reporting getting responses inside of a day, so I figured maybe I had a shot this time.

Cheers!

DBC
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not being sarcastic here, just honestly don't know.

DBC

Thanks for the response!

I'm not worried enough to bother HiFi or anyone else specifically. As I said, I never heard back on the Deadpool Tokens disappearance from way back, Ultron, and other glitches, so I wasn't expecting anything, but I did notice other people were actually getting responses and figured I'd post.

I didn't want to be the "What about MEEEEE?!" guy in someone's thread, so instead of posting in the threads I was seeing positive outcomes in, I figured I'd post here.

I'm not too worried whether they respond or not, because I usually just send in the ticket and hope for the best, but as I said, people were reporting getting responses inside of a day, so I figured maybe I had a shot this time.

Cheers!

DBC

Nahhhh. That's no good. If you can get those Ticket IDs together for me (and I mean all of them!), I'll get them to the right people. If you missed something or you're having problems then that's just how it is. You don't get to get passed up just because. Plus, I'm sure it was purely accidental, so it should be easy to just fix it with a simple reminder. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Did anyone get anything for missing out on the pvp events? Support told me no luck for anything basically.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had completed DDQ for the IM40 blue cover but then the server went out and I lost my cover. I submitted a ticket prior to this posting. At first they were hesitate to give me the cover because "this was a widespread problem due to Ultron," and I explained that my issue had nothing to do with Ultron and they sent me the IM40 blue cover. I'm sure if you had the same problem with Black Panther black, they will send you the cover.