Thor's (Goddess of Thunder) identity revealed [Spoilers]

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    So the reason GT's blue went from 12 charged tiles to only 5, is cancer?

I don't downvote, but this almost made me do it. bad form.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Sorry you feel that way. Are you one of those people in the "there are some things that can NOT be joked about" camp?
    I'm not going to get into with you about humor, and political correctness, and how everyone has a great sense of humor until a punchline lands in their own backyard. I'll just leave you with these links.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAD-ky3TYQk
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... oah-785776
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Sorry you feel that way. Are you one of those people in the "there are some things that can NOT be joked about" camp?
    I'm not going to get into with you about humor, and political correctness, and how everyone has a great sense of humor until a punchline lands in their own backyard. I'll just leave you with these links.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAD-ky3TYQk
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... oah-785776

Normally, any reason to laugh is a good reason, which is why i enjoy Jeselnik, Tosh, Carlin, etc..

edit: this isn't the place for what i had here originally. just bad timing on your joke before i had my coffee, sorry about that.
  • After the nerf that spoiler page would do nicely for the ingame art.

I also propose this be the new xforce cover:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm7S4BZYl03jMZ8EhkX7_7KXgrWctqW_Mq8qlZkNcQqOzfyJHc
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Kinda sorta disagree here, with Ragnarok and the Infinity series, Thor may very well be ready to just be Odinson in the movies afterwards, and Natalie Portman is a bankable star..

He could turn into a frog and be replaced by Beta Ray Bill who could be played by the voice of bankable star Vin Diesel too, if our basis is nothing but the names of future movies.
    Malcrof wrote:
    The next few issues are going to be critical with her health conditions, and now that her identity is known, Odinson will almost definitely come to her aid..

Critical for what? We already know she's not going to die or stop being Thor at least for this year, but again, watch how fast the real Thor will return when his next movie is about to come out.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    Kinda sorta disagree here, with Ragnarok and the Infinity series, Thor may very well be ready to just be Odinson in the movies afterwards, and Natalie Portman is a bankable star..

He could turn into a frog and be replaced by Beta Ray Bill who could be played by the voice of bankable star Vin Diesel too, if our basis is nothing but the names of future movies.
    Malcrof wrote:
    The next few issues are going to be critical with her health conditions, and now that her identity is known, Odinson will almost definitely come to her aid..

Critical for what? We already know she's not going to die or stop being Thor at least for this year, but again, watch how fast the real Thor will return when his next movie is about to come out.

If Beta Ray Bill shows up in a movie, i will be there for the midnight showing.. as for Vin Diesel, he is Groot.. but, the Ballad of Beta Ray Bill would make for a great movie! You even have the little side Loki/Lorelei, and the dwarves.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    My biggest takeaway here is that people bet against that reveal. Talk about stupid, who else was it going to be?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont read the comics but why is becoming Thor killing her?
  • Being physically transformed into a superhero and running around fighting evil is not a doctor recommended activity when you have terminal cancer.
  • fmftint wrote:
    I guess we all know how this arc ends. She dies, he gets his hammer back, she gets added to the growing list of was worthy and ultimately forgotten

She's not going anywhere any time soon. She's already been confirmed as being in the new Avengers after Secret Wars wraps up. Expect Iron Man to be replaced with someone new in the armor by then too. It's probably no coincidence that all the major characters whose movie versions are going to be out of their contracts and/or too old for the roles by the time the Avengers trilogy wraps up are suddenly passing their roles on to other people.
    Please do this. Thor shouldn't go away as cynics think....
    Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The comics change to reflect the movies a lot more than the movies change to reflect the comics (which is not at all so far). More likely the real Thor will come back in the comics just in time for Thor 3 in 2 years or so. If you follow the books, you'll notice that the originals always make their big returns right before their latest movie comes out.
    U never know, when contracts end, they end
  • Right, and I already talked about exactly that in an earlier post, but that doesn't mean that things in the movies are going to happen exactly like they do in the comics. Almost none of it has so far.
  • Right, and I already talked about exactly that in an earlier post, but that doesn't mean that things in the movies are going to happen exactly like they do in the comics. Almost none of it has so far.
    we already know new avengers was supposed to have 2 more members yo
  • What? Not sure what you're getting at there. Which new Avengers? The movie? The comic? What 2 members? What does that have to do with Thor?
  • Being physically transformed into a superhero and running around fighting evil is not a doctor recommended activity when you have terminal cancer.
    Deadpool. Also Mar-vell. Oh and I think current Venom.
  • Oh sure. Deadpool got insanity and permanent roadkill skin in trade for surviving cancer, Venom just had to be taken over by an insane alien parasite and become a brain eating supervillain to survive his, and Mar-Vell died a horrible death...from cancer. Worked out great! icon_lol.gif
  • so she is jane foster huh? i read the comic and i think she is not jane foster. however jane was on the suspect list by thor(odinson) on search of who behind the mask.
  • Uh...it's already been definitively revealed. There is absolutely no question anymore that it is Jane Foster.
  • lol my bad, i didnt know thor 008 has been released icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I think the problem with this is the same problem of having a Black Widow movie. Both Scarlet Johansen and Natalie Portman are known actors with a name that existed well before the MCU. Can't really be said for a lot of the main characters in the solo movies.
    As such, they would demand a smaller wage as "supporting character" than as "Leading role". If Natalie Portman was the main character, the budget would be huge on her fees alone. It's one of the reasons why RDJ almost never wore any Iron Man suits in the third film, he was being paid for face time so they had to get as much face time as possible for him. Plus it was something of a personal vanity project for him.

Also it would be much harder to play the "Who's this new Thor!?" storyline since there are so few females in the MCU. Hell, it's taking until, what, 2018 before we get a female lead in Captain Marvel?

On a side note, anyone know when this New Avengers will start? I want to see more of her in action. I've started collecting her books and the last one arrived a few days ago. I want to get more of her when it's available =)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

I think the problem with this is the same problem of having a Black Widow movie. Both Scarlet Johansen and Natalie Portman are known actors with a name that existed well before the MCU. Can't really be said for a lot of the main characters in the solo movies.
    As such, they would demand a smaller wage as "supporting character" than as "Leading role". If Natalie Portman was the main character, the budget would be huge on her fees alone. It's one of the reasons why RDJ almost never wore any Iron Man suits in the third film, he was being paid for face time so they had to get as much face time as possible for him. Plus it was something of a personal vanity project for him.

Also it would be much harder to play the "Who's this new Thor!?" storyline since there are so few females in the MCU. Hell, it's taking until, what, 2018 before we get a female lead in Captain Marvel?

On a side note, anyone know when this New Avengers will start? I want to see more of her in action. I've started collecting her books and the last one arrived a few days ago. I want to get more of her when it's available =)

As revealed today, all the new #1'a are coming at the conclusion of Secret Wars, so i am guessing Octoberish.