Dark Avengers: Heroic (May 11 - May 14)

Options
13»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Is it just my bracket or are people really grinding this one? I was expecting Colossus to not be as prized, even when considering that he hasn't been as common a reward as other characters.

(Yes, there is the Vision progression cover, but even casual playing would get that before the Vision PVP starts)

I have also noticed a weird amount of high intensity play (dropping 100+ places, rising 100+ places every 7-8 hours). Are you in a bracket ending in just under an hour? I'm just about to finish my progression, and then you can have my spot... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
    I am, and it looks like the "just playing to Vision progression" exodus has occurred. Which is fine with me, while I am at least one cover behind on each Colossus color, the black cover is covered by Hulk event. (And DDQ would have soon enough)

Something this last sub-bracket has shown me is that revised Invisible Woman makes for yet another mitigation partner for Patch's Berserker Fury. 7 AP to bubble 4 enemy tiles and lay down a protect tile that counteracts at least one more. Add that to the at least one that should be matchable and you are covered. Not my preferred teammate but could be good for sharing damage around the roster in PVP climbs.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a big fan of those 5 nodes required to open the last sub, pretty tough nodes and scaled pretty high.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Not a big fan of those 5 nodes required to open the last sub, pretty tough nodes and scaled pretty high.

Finally in the sub, even took down the rags node in the beginning... started at 177 10+ hours into the event, did loads give up?
  • ninjar69
    ninjar69 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Event stopped working for me. Got to dark avengers n now it wont open any other lvls. grrrrr n still havent hit progressive 4 vision cover.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ninjar69 wrote:
    Event stopped working for me. Got to dark avengers n now it wont open any other lvls. grrrrr n still havent hit progressive 4 vision cover.

Restart your phone... i think they did a small push.. we have reinforcements now, i get to use my Patch! Hoorah!
  • ninjar69
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ninjar69 wrote:

Restart your phone... i think they did a small push.. we have reinforcements now, i get to use my Patch! Hoorah!

Thanks. Tried that still didnt work. oh well.

Edit finally got it to unlock. Had to beat all the maggie events again 4 no points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ninjar69 wrote:
    a blessing in disguise
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think Im on route to my best ever finish in one of these events. icon_e_smile.gif Struggling on this last map though.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unstoppable, Inedible: Level 224 Juggernaut, Venom, Analyst.

With one character downed already, the match ends Headbutt, Snare, Headbutt.

Good times.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unstoppable Crash > Symbiote Snare > Unstoppable Crash > Symbiote Snare... icon_lol.gif

The AI pulled this off, 6 turns without being able to move, killed Patch outright.

Maybe Juggernaut needs some changes icon_rolleyes.gif Or stop letting him scale to 300+
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the final set you pretty much want to get a Berserker Rage on as early as possible. Don't even think about doing anything fancy here. You're not going to outlast those guys anyway and trading 2K hits each turn is still better than having a one way beatdown once the AI gets their combos going. Obviously if you could make some purple matches or have a Force Bubble it's better than doing it blindly but time is not a luxury you have on most of these fights.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs clearly don't play at even an intermediate level. There is no scenario where over leveled Dark Avengers need feeders
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    The devs clearly don't play at even an intermediate level. There is no scenario where over leveled Dark Avengers need feeders
    I'm just glad I only wanted progression vision and I didn't have to grind any....

why couldn't they give me patch all thru the event instead of only the last sub....
  • ninjar69
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    I'm just glad I only wanted progression vision and I didn't have to grind any....

why couldn't they give me patch all thru the event instead of only the last sub....

Haha yea i saw my scale jugs venom plus feeder. And said DUCK that. Lol. Got the progressive and stopped. Reminds me of the old war games quote "the only way to win, is not to play the game"